Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

i need some help

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 05:40 AM
5 Year Member

Default i need some help

Ok...today im driving down a street speed limit 50...then this freaken rabbit pops out...and i couldnt stop in time so i swerve around it and BAM...my back wheel skims the curb....i scratched the rim and took a slice off the tires too (its not that big, the scratch is as big and where you would put weights on the wheels)....does anyone know how much a new stock rim and/or tires will cost if i wana replace? Dang it this seriously sucks . . . only had the car for a week too . . . its not bad, i can live with it and but just curious...i was thinking to use the banged up rim for a spare? cuz i recall its a butt ugly yellow mustard color.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Your help

Go to Ebay. There are lots of auctions for stock wheels. I would bite the bullet and buy new rims instead of the stock hubcaps!

Here is an example auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=66481

jasperwayne
Old 07-27-2004, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The tC Stock are alloy rims and NOT HUBCAPS!!!!
Anyways, you should've just hit the rabbit haha

Ok well i say rather than buying the stock rims, you now have a reason to buy some nice after market rims. Maybe some 18's or even 19's
Old 07-27-2004, 06:05 AM
5 Year Member

yea...maybe...but i cant live with the guilt of killing a living animal. anyways i was hopin someone wanted to get rid of their stock rims or something, dont really feel like getting new sets of rims right now.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Dude same thing happened to me. I f..... my rims and tire front right side good thing it wasn't real bad. Just peeled the tire a little and the rims was scratched. I glued the peeled part back but the scratch, hmmm maybe some other time. Not noticeable though. Oh when I went to SCION meet in Chicago, one of the sales guy where I bought it told me to bring the car in. You can try talking to the dealer/sales person where u bought it. Who knows u guys can work something out.

Planning to get 20's next spring. I'll keep this rims for this winter season.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member

I took some pics this morning....DAMN Rabbit!

Do you think its safe to drive with my ties like that?

mksm2000, did the dealer do anything about your tires?

What do you think the best a dealer can do abou this, i mean im sure warranty doesnt cover this...
Old 07-27-2004, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, I think it's safe. The cut in your tire looks like it's in the "rim protector" area. It's not down to the cords or anything, it's just in the exterior rubber. The wheel looks fine, not bent or dented, which could break the seal with the bead.

A wheel repair place (or somebody that does wheel repair for the dealer) should be able to smooth out the scuff on the rim so it's much less noticeable.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:02 AM
5 Year Member

I don't know if this is coincidence or what not but
that's EXACTLY what happened to my tire and rims
from what i've researched i think it's the weak tire and the weight of the car...
it's very very weird how my damage looks so much like ur pictures...
scratch on the rim and the chunk of tire torn off like that...
i'm planning to just get new tires...like kumho or something
Old 08-07-2004, 08:20 AM
5 Year Member

wow that is werid...got some pictures? I just super glued back the flap onto the tire...hopefully it wont burst on me haha. I think its just extra reinforcment rubber nothing to worry about and as for my rims you cant hardly notice and it doesnt bother me anymore ill just get new rims later or something.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bkomi
yea...maybe...but i cant live with the guilt of killing a living animal. anyways i was hopin someone wanted to get rid of their stock rims or something, dont really feel like getting new sets of rims right now.
If you drive over 10 mph you face the risk of hitting insects and killing them. Stop driving, and donate your tC to me so that we can both sleep well tonight.