2005-2010 [ANT10]

Just Wanted To Say Thanks Everyone

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Just Wanted To Say Thanks Everyone

I bought my daughter a TC about a month ago and have been following this group since then. Your information has been a great help with mods. I'm enjoying helping her trick her car out (at my expense of course ) The fun part now is.....her Uncle owns an autobody shop and she is now hitting him up for "free" artwork. Hahahahaha.

Last weekend I put LED's in the back cup holders and under the seats as a suprise. Obviously I ripped out her side panels to get behind to install them (seen how to rip it apart on a thread in here). I started at about 6 in the morning...she came out at about 8am and freaked out when she seen her seat and panels laying on the garage floor. She asked what I was doing. I said I couldn't sleep, so I decided to take her car apart to see how the Japanese put it together. She turned white, shut the door and went back to bed. Got up an hour later and came back out to complain, but was pleased to see what I did.

Anyway, thanks again and just wanted to let you all know many people are lurking and learning.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats awfully nice...

i wish my parents spoiled the hell out of me.

d00d, they make me pay damn rent, lol
Old 02-10-2005, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

lol, that's too funny!!!! I would have loved to see the expression on her face when she walked out and saw the panels off.

Glad you're a part of the Scion community, and glad your daughter loves her car.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

hey hey Welcome and congrats!
enjoy your stay!
and check out the FAQs Techs and ofcourse the Sponsored Sales for great discount!
Old 02-10-2005, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

welcome to the family,
Old 02-10-2005, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WarrenSteve....You and me both. But, I did make her a deal. If she got a 4 year scholarship I would get her a car. IMO, I come out ahead on this deal.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone
Old 02-10-2005, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you sure do.....
Old 02-10-2005, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha, for sure.

just a shame im a lazy ___ and didnt try in school! Ah wells.

why would you pay for college in teh first place tho? close to 10k a year for me! paid out of my own pocket, and gov'ment loans.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not fair, I had to wait until my sophomore year in college before my mother would pass on her Piece of ____ 88 ford tempo. I dont even know if I should thank her for that piece of junk because I ended up spending a lot of my hard earned Friendly's - waitering college part time job money fixing it every month.

But anyway, congrats on your scion tC purchase!
Old 02-10-2005, 08:55 PM
ty6
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

She asked what I was doing. I said I couldn't sleep, so I decided to take her car apart to see how the Japanese put it together. She turned white, shut the door and went back to bed. Got up an hour later and came back out to complain, but was pleased to see what I did.
hahaha...good cover-up!

ScionDad,
Very pleased to see parents taking interest in their children as you have done! You are to be commended!
Old 02-10-2005, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, the deal I made with her started back in elementary school....so now I had to pay up. Still a good deal for me, an honors graduate came out of it and a sweet -reliable car.....cheap.

ty6, thanks, I'm enjoying this almost as much as she is. Although my wife is not too happy about the turbo (video at scionspeed) that her Uncle said he would get for her (I did axe that), but we compromised on the SC when it's released.

My problem is her uncle (my brother) is big time into NHRA. He has a 3200 HP Charger that he just released at World Of Wheels last month (won best of show). He wants her to learn to run it as he thinks it would be great advertising for his Autobody shop....with a girl behind the wheel. Until then...bring the Scion.

My only response is....me first My wife states over her dead body. By brothers response is he don't think the Charger has that kind of ground clearance to get over her dead body. Yup...I got an ear full for that comment
Old 02-10-2005, 09:33 PM
ty6
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All around, it sounds like you got your money's worth. Congrats to your daughter! Your brother too, for "best of show"!

Take care
Old 02-10-2005, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just be careful with the boys....girl+tc+supercharger+5spd?

wow

On the other mods, do you have her help?
I thank my dad everyday, we spent over 2 weeks and countless hours taking out the engine and replacing the engine in my mr2.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My grandparent's promised me a car when I graduated. High school graduation came and they stated "We never told you WHICH graduation." They bought me a toy car a few years later.......

I'm actually glad my grandparents (who raised me) didn't spoil me too much. I like paying for my own things and my future children will do as I did.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ya but he has a good point. My parents are paying for my education which ended up being close to $80k. If all he has to do is buy a car....thats awesome. I wish I had gotten a full ride.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, on the girl and boys thing.......um, I should have looked on here BEFORE buying the TC for my DAUGHTER. Already had a few guys over checking it (the car) out. Ya know....if I have the GUYS work with me on the car.....it will keep their mind occupied.

I almost said that with a straight face

Yea, so far she has been getting into helping with the mods. This weekend we lower the car.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd like to have a son and a daughter one day....but am soo scared on the daughter part, knowing there are guys out there like my friends...and me! Well like almost every young guy.

btw, is this her first car?
Old 02-11-2005, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

GT4dreams, The guy thing isn't the easiest thing to get thru, just for that reason you stated. I felt the exact same way you do and I ended up with 2 girls. My wife does remind me of the way I was. I have no idea what she is talking about.

Yea, this is her first car, so I get my car back full time at last.

That's really cool you and your dad worked on your car like that. IMO, that is how families live forever. You too will do the same someday and your kid will remember forever....just like you do. Awsome and bravo to your dad for doing it and to you for recognizing it.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im a little late, But im glad to have you as part of our community
Old 02-11-2005, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Car full time back, that's funny. When I was 13 my parents said I could drive our gigantic conversion van. So I got good grades and bagged millions of groceries and paid for 1/2 of my 92 Celica. What kind of car do you drive...and do we see you getting a Scion soon? Maybe scion dl will be a 4door?

Quick Reply: Just Wanted To Say Thanks Everyone