Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

This is kind of bugging me...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just because I am NOT the God of modding, geeeeeeeeeez. Cereal though, what is that?
Old 11-06-2006, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
Now if the excuse is, I cant drive a stick or I am not good at it, then I look down on the person because it shows the lack of desire to learn or even try.
I happen to be the "I can't drive a stick" person. Simply because I never had the opportunity to learn and now that I desperately want to learn, I have absolutely no one to teach me. It bothers me when people say "wow, that's a nice looking tC.... too bad it's an auto."
Old 11-06-2006, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^i've seen people here make their autos look like manuals by putting the cloth/leather blanket thing around the shifter....i personally don't like it but if you wanna look cool go for it by all means...
Old 11-06-2006, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by amanda776
"wow, that's a nice looking tC.... too bad it's an auto."
People acutally say that? Laaaaaame. If someone told me that ... I would have to drop-kick them in the face! I can drive stick, I just have no attention span so I am doing the world a favor by driving an auto.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i do commute to downtown chicago everyday which takes a lil more than an hour stuck in traffic for my morning classses... but don't regret gettin my manual cuz i LOOOVE it
Old 11-06-2006, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nothing wrong with an auto. don't forget the fact that they do cost more. i drive a manual and my sister and brother's gf both drive auto tc and i dont make fun of them.

why would it matter if its an auto at a car show? arent most cars there all show anyways?
Old 11-06-2006, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol Jovan I luv you
Old 11-06-2006, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I get pretty put down also for driving an auto, I'm used to it though, because I come from a family who can drive manuals, and I can't. Which is why I didn't get one...
Old 11-06-2006, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sucks to getting put down. I never get put down for driving an auto tC, I always get put down for have a tC that looks fast but is kinda slow, lol.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

haahahaha awww poor thang
Old 11-06-2006, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

I was thinking about this today and maybe the 'awww, it's an auto' reaction it's due to the death of a fantasy.
Example: A well powered car with a quality suspension setup and sticky tires. I see this and imagine driving agressively at my local track (or god forbid, an empty, curvy B road). Strong brakes, crisp turn-in, perfect balance.......but only two pedals. The dream of becoming one with this awesome machine is lost. The total interaction is not possible and I feel sad. Hence the 'awww...' part.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member

It's all a preference. All my cars until my Scion have been stick. My tC is auto because my wife can't drive stick and refuses to learn and any married guys out there know better than to argue with their wives over something that trivial. We have to pick our battles.

It was more of me being a good husband so she could drive my car than anything else. But I do prefer stick, probably more out of habit than anything else.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by amanda776
Originally Posted by Nick06tC
Now if the excuse is, I cant drive a stick or I am not good at it, then I look down on the person because it shows the lack of desire to learn or even try.
I happen to be the "I can't drive a stick" person. Simply because I never had the opportunity to learn and now that I desperately want to learn, I have absolutely no one to teach me. It bothers me when people say "wow, that's a nice looking tC.... too bad it's an auto."
well hey, if I ever visit Pittsburgh I'll be glad to teach ya!

no, but seriously... but isn't that about an hour away from Philly? Most of my family is there, I don't think I know any family in Pittsburgh, though, so there's really no reason for me to go out there

plus, I'm a southern boy, so I'm afraid what you Northerns might do to me if I get lost

Old 11-07-2006, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes I do think people with daily auto cars are less of human beings. Women mostly drive these things, so they are already less of a human being... so this drops them even more notches. I laugh when "guys" drive autos, cause they never had an opportunity, or it was tooo hard to learn... _____es I say.

Manuals
-sometimes lower the price of the car
-better gas mileage
-car died... pop the clutch
-easier to rebuild
-more control of the car

i'm sure that I am missing a lot of things.

Next time anyone says that autos are for low power cars mention the word "GLIDE"
Old 11-07-2006, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

excuses!

i dont understand what is so hard about using the clutch while in traffic, all ur doing is picking up a pedal from the floor and giving it gas to move forward........ur using 1 more pedal than u would in an auto, not a big deal...

maybe if u would have bought the manual and learned how to drive it 100%* and i STRESS 100% it would be second nature and you woulndt even notice that ur using a clutch.

those of u who say its a tough in traffic prolly only drove stick for a limited amount of time..who knows, but after a while its like butta

plus I LIVE IN NEW YORK CITY!!! traffic!!!!!, i got enough of it here, i dont complain..just cmon, it doesnt take exceptional skill and coordination to drive a stick, its really not hard at all

ppl treat a manual as this mystical thing that only select individuals dare to learn to drive..lol
Old 11-07-2006, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^ Um. ok. You are 19 years old have been driving for what 3-4 years. Let's see how you feel in about ten more years of driving. I own 2 auto's and a manual. I have driven a manual for 10 years as well. It's tiring in traffic. Maybe not when your 19 but trust it gets annoying in heavy traffic. Oh and yes I do know how to drive my manual 100%
Old 11-07-2006, 05:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

well being that i did not think of the aspect of age or fitness, you do have a point.

although i still cant see how much effort it can really take to use the clutch

to each his own tho
Old 11-07-2006, 06:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Jacksonville reprazent?

<-- 07 Manual driver. ;)
Old 11-07-2006, 08:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'd hate to be stuck in traffic all day, but even so, i think i'd still pick a stick.

and yes, i get my daily fair share of bumper-to-bumper traffic.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

most people who hate on autos, like my self, don't like that fact that when your trying to run someone, either highway or twistes, it shifts when you don't want to. now that beiing said, autos are good for dragging because of the torque multiplication, look at most muscle drag cars, automatics, but with manual control. die hard road racers like me need the control, plus i hate going up hills and having it decide "awp, need a lower gear, downshift, oops too low, upshift, nope i was right the first time, downshift, wtf maybe not, upshift..." and so on and so forth, god auto sucks, plus it proves you have more skill, cuz i can shift, drink a soda, talk on the phone, and knee drive at the same time. it's really hard though.

Quick Reply: This is kind of bugging me...