Major problem with the TC!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Major problem with the TC!!!!!

We got a major problem with the TC!

All the TC bashers _____ing about every little thing with the car.

Come on people its ridiculous. About 1 out of 5 topics is about something so minor(wind through the visor, engine is louder at higher rpm's) You act like the car is supposed to have the refinement of a $60,000 Mercedes Benz. I own a TC and have not noticed any of these problems.

Sorry to all other TC drivers who feel the same way I do. Just gets a little ridiculous when people pick every little thing wrong with the car.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

honestly... any car i buy new, im gonna want to get my moneys worth. 10,000 or 100,000, if it doesnt run the way its supposed to, im not gonna be happy. also, these problems may seem minor but they could turn into something major.

remember someones problem with the creaking roof... there were a bunch of nuts missing.

rather than crying about people posting problems with their cars, you should be glad for each of those problems that you DONT have. you got a solid car. let others obtain solid cars too.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default umm

well put Undecided_Fate.........
Old 08-14-2004, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Undecided_Fate
honestly... any car i buy new, im gonna want to get my moneys worth. 10,000 or 100,000, if it doesnt run the way its supposed to, im not gonna be happy. also, these problems may seem minor but they could turn into something major.

remember someones problem with the creaking roof... there were a bunch of nuts missing.

rather than crying about people posting problems with their cars, you should be glad for each of those problems that you DONT have. you got a solid car. let others obtain solid cars too.

I agree, very well said.

And isn't this the point of a public forum? To post about good AND bad things? So sorry you don't like to hear people complain. You could always go somewhere else where life is shiny and happy and nothing goes wrong. Let me know when you find this place, because I don't think it exists.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member

i like lime jello.....lime jello rocks! but a lime jello colored tc would suck.......
Old 08-15-2004, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Major problem with the TC!!!!!

Originally Posted by ChefRaekwon
engine is louder at higher rpm's.
Holy ____! Are you trying to tell me the engine gets louder as the rpms increase? That has got to be a major issue worth a recall. I would not stand for that in my brand new car

Seriously people need to opening their mouths. People buy bargain cars expecting them to be like Rolls Royce. No offense but Toyota was able to make the tC cheap by making certain parts of it ____ty. Thats just how things work.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have had the privilege of owning 4 new cars during my lifetime and they've ALL had problems. Most were minor and the dealer eventually took care of all of them, but I have NEVER owned a "perfect" car and I can assure you that I never will. Things go wrong, especially on first year production units.

Just thank god that you purchased a Toyota and not one of those domestic garbage cans. I was the unfortunate owner of a Ford F-150 that decided to die after only 5k miles. My lawyer wrote them a nice letter which threatened a lawsuit. They refunded most of my money within a week.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

One of the reason the Scions have such a low initial quality rating is that the buyers tend to be young and complain about things that a more experienced buyer would not. Not to say Scions have no problems, but as we've seen on the board, many non-problems are thought to be problems by the inexperienced.

Originally Posted by Autoweek.com
Although Scion received low marks in the J.D. Power 2004 Initial Quality Study, many customer complaints were about preferences, not durability or reliability. For example, buyers said they wanted softer rides or air conditioners that cooled faster.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:33 AM
5 Year Member

I agree with the starter of this post... some of the complaints are valid and you should go back to the dealership to get it checked out... remember your car came off of an assembly line...once in awhile things get messed up a bit. On the other hand some of these complaints and posts are so ridiculous that either I will sit and laugh reading them or, (at least lately) will not come on this board as much because it's filled with this kind of crap (the temp **** being my favorite so far ). I have had a lot of new cars and a lot of used cars and a lot of them had little quirks (acura, honda, nissan, etc) but I never paid much attention to them because it's a machine with ALOT of parts and things make noises... now that i've been reading all these posts it's making me paranoid about my car.. i find myself getting in the car and trying to hear these noises or feeling the temp **** to see if it's cold or hot in the sun . Ya know, if you have a concern, this is a great place to talk about it but what it appears to me is a lot of people here are first time new car buyers who have saved money for a long time to buy what they thought was the perfect car. And forgive me for saying this, i'm starting to think that a lot of people bought this car due to the hype and the idea of having something (at least at first) that not many people have. Now, (again speculation) it seems some people are having buyers remorse or maybe the excitement has worn off a bit and everyone just reallized they didn't get a $30,000 car for $16,000 as they had expected. Either way you guys (with the not so major problems) need to relax a bit and remember you have a 3 year bumper to bumper waranty so if anything breaks, it'll be fixed for free. I can't wait until I start hearing the posts complaining of noises and feelings coming from the TC owners that start modifying their cars.
The TC is a nice car, take it from me, I've bought enough of them to know... and just to make you guys feel better as a basis of comparison... do a search on the S2000 forums for the 2000 and 2001 S2000 problems.. you'll see that the gear box was a major problem for the first two years the S was out. Trial and error... i'm sure you will see these TC problems fixed in the 2006 and 2007 models... as for the people that are now saying "yeah but what about us with the 2005 model".. all I can say is that is the price of owning a brand new production vehicle... you get the looks and the hype from having some thing people haven't seen yet but you also get the problems associated with being Toyota's guinee pig.
I really hope you guys stop worrying so much and try to enjoy your purchase.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:05 AM
5 Year Member

Even a lot of new luxury cars like BMWs have problems out the door. Cars have about 14,000 parts so its more then likely SOMETHING got put in wrong. Deal with it.

My tC's radio door doesn't open reliably, it has a few rattles, and the driver AC vent doesn't stay in position. It doesn't bother me. It's just part of getting a car. The problems will be fixed but in the long run, they are very minor.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

we shouldnt be knit picking whats wrong.. i agree some probs are major but a lot of them are little its a new line people the kinks need to be worked out in time things will get fixed
Old 08-15-2004, 07:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by reppindaTC
we shouldnt be knit picking whats wrong.. i agree some probs are major but a lot of them are little its a new line people the kinks need to be worked out in time things will get fixed
I agree with everything everyone has said here!! I'd like to add that if anyone is worried that these things won't get fixed by Scion, think again.. They aren't about to pour all this money into a new venture like this only for it to hurt the Toyota reputation.. They will fix things like issue service bulletins.. and do it quickly..

I do appreciate all the input that forums like this provide.. tells me what people are thinking of out there and what they're experiencing.. and most of these people report the stuff that's happening or what's on their minds.. and then they go to the dealer to get it fixed.. but what's the point just complaining for the sake of complaining??.. I mean sure, tell us what's going on.. but to endlessly complain and complain about the same thing and not get it fixed.. doesn't make sense.. i know when I get my tC.. and yes I am still planning on buying one because nothing else out there for the price comes close!! When I get my tC if it has a creak.. sure I'll wait for the service bulletin to come out and then I'll get it fixed.. (moonroof i mean)..

One other thing is that I'd like to mention is for the price, styling, handling, fit, finish, reliability of Toyota.. what else comes close out there? I mean seriously.. what else feels like this tC for the price? I cannot think of one car.. I think Toyota did a great job in creating a company like Scion.. There was a huge, huge whole in the market that someone could drive a semi truck through! So far it sounds like Scion is quick to fix whatever someone has a problem with.. Hopefully I'll never have to call them.. but it's nice to know that they ARE fixing things.. anyone ever had to deal with Ford? GM? or i know this will surprise you.. try Honda! I have a 96 Civic coupe currently.. and when it was under warranty they began to act like Ford in that they didn't really want to fix things that they were liable for.. so I sympathize with the other person with the F-150 and the lawyer.. It's what I had to do with Honda.. they just were content on taking people's money and not fixing anything.. saying things were "within specifications".. yeah pulling hard to the left is within specs at NASCAR! lol.. so hey Honda, if you're listening.. I went to a company that actually listens..!! what a concept! me bitter? naw..

well enough of my rambling..