2005-2010 [ANT10]

MODS I MISSED

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

No, your previous post disagrees with this theory, it does nothing whatsoever to refute it.

You posted a bunch of stuff no one is going to do to justify a 3.5 inch exhaust, which doesnt at all argue the same topic anyone else was. Your post, to be honest was difficult to read and didnt make much sense.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

And lets go through a couple of things. Scavenging is a very important process to performance, hopefully that is at least agreed upon. Scavenging is the direct result of the cam timing and the exhaust setup. People tend to think that exhaust gasses are moving uniformly through the pipe, which couldnt be further from correct. But, to be simple, lets just look at scavenging. A smaller pipe increases velocity and aids in the scavenging effect, the velocity also allows the gasses to escape quickly. If they move more slowly, they cool more in the system, making the air more dense and harder to move. So there are two effects of a larger exhaust. Now, we are talking SC right? Well, since it is mechanically driven, it is not adding a restriction in the exhaust flow, so unlike a turbo, you are not adding restriction (thus increasing velocity) with the FI system.

If you go talk to a true race builder (no, not the "tuner" kid with a shop down the street with a welder, who thinks he knows exhaust) that builds custom exhaust system, the idea is not to make it as big as possible most of the time (especially on a streetable car), it is to design it properly from the header port to the exhaust tip.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default little did I know i have a supra motor in my scion?

Things you never knew about your scion part 1:
-Same motor as the Toyota Supra, minus two cylinders, and the Inline setup
-It its justifiable that the TC can have a 3.5" pipe b/c its displacement is similar to that of the WRX.
- anything I missed? lol just trying to get my facts straight

3.5 inches ....wow. Pro Stock, amature and some pro run those sizes. Now if I am to understand correctly that you have put some forethought into your build "which is good" and purchased a heavy duty clutch and flywheel, the exhuast, headers, pulley's and so forth correct? But now you've got the race car feel and maintaince with no race car go. I could understand doing minor upgrades and making sure things will fit, and doing some research....but thats an awful lot for something you don't have yet.

Okay so what kind of s/c are we putting on here?? 3.5" piping would be good for a T78 turbo. Just trying to understand..i guess.

And yes there is nothing wrong with 3.5" piping but even on a smart track car it wouldn't be that big. Are we tubbing the front and putting slicks on it??
Old 02-06-2007, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

First point is funny. It is not a supra engine then and you cant even begin to compare them.

You also cant REMOTELY compare a WRX motor to the I4 we are running. Just because displacement is nearly the same does not mean they are comparable in any way.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol my point exactly.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

ok... thought you were being serious there for a moment The sarcasm is welcome :D
Old 02-06-2007, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I am now dumberer from coming here
Old 02-06-2007, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha yes by all means that was sarcasm, no way could I take myself seriously with something like....ahh yes I drive a supra...no wait a scion with a supra motor...there we go.

Would be kinda bad ___ to convert to rear wheel drive and put a supra motor in there buttttt at the same time... i dunno.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:07 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

3 inch will be plenty 3.5 inch is just over kill unless your gonna cram a diesel engine in there
Old 02-06-2007, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

3 inch is even overkill.

But ya know Resu, if you could take out the back seats, slap that motor in the rear and build a transaxle for it to run RWD... then we would have something... but I should be quiet, or someone will take me seriously and think they are going to do it
Old 02-06-2007, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha yea...shhhhhh you might be onto something there.

I want some picture's of this 3.5" exhaust.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member

Default Idiots

I thought i said keep the morons off this post, i was simpely asking for mods i missed, not sarcastic remarks from morons who didnt read all the post. THE FROM THE HEADER IS 2.5 BACK and the FREAKING TIP IS 3.5 ------swear the LORD on that. damn .... 2. THE SUPRA COMMENT- refering to what the block is made of, not cyclinders u waste of space. O like i dont know the twinjz or reg supra is a 6, I WAS SIMPLY SAYING THAT U WILL NEVER NEED TO HAVE A TC BLOCK SLEEVED........... hense y i hate posting on this cite cause no1 reads --they just put there ___ 2 cents in. AS for the STI- I simpley made the fact that they are running 2.4 l engine, yes if you think about it a turbo tc on stock boost, how much power does it put out---ummmm more then a wrx, so add internal work to it and aside from allwheel drive its capable of putting up the same power numbers as sti's not comparing the motors itself --the size vs.car weight, and power.

Thankyou for all who helped me with some ideas

and to all the idiots who post on 1st instinct and dont use there F**&ing brain, YOUR ___....
Old 02-08-2007, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wow.... calm down kiddie.

The sti uses a 2.5L not a 2.4L

Wow.. the block is made of the same material.. along with how many other engines? That makes no sense at all to say they are alike.

And WE are "morons" because YOU were corrected.... funny.

Calm down and leave the namecalling at home.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

My car has cold air inintake fulll 3.5 inch exhaust from the dc sports header back
Then you said MAYBE it was something else later... so you dont even know what you said and which was correct apparently. So at leat quote yourself correctly.

But as usual... someone calls those that say what they dont want to hear or believe (even though it is right) morons and is all peachy with those that support thier wants. Pretty typical really.

Anyway.. enjoy your car ....
Old 02-09-2007, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member

yes but if i initial posted something and realized it after i posted its my b, then i realize- fix the post and now we sit on page 3 or 4 with half the post describing a 3.5 pipe exhaust. i fixed the statement on page 1 therefore if u would have actually read post 2 post you would have realized ---DUHHHH that i dont have that on the car so next 15 post reguarding 3.5 inch piping is just ___. And praise 2 all the cast iron blocks of the world, simply comparing a tc 2 another toyota that made there engine perfect isnt a bad thing. and then u can say ---

supra 6 twin turbo
tc -4 cyclin non-turbo no similarity
then i would say the same people who developed 1 developed the other and
which obviously shows how well you can tune or build a car, in which y did u buy a tc in the 1st place or for that matter dissing your own car on on the TUNER site, A twin t 66 set up on a supra didnt just pooooof appear on the car, some1 made it happen, just the same as people tune there civic b18 2 run 10s,
so sorry when i make a post reguard what other tc owners have done on the same setup ...make it ur point 2 go 2 the little boys tc room where u can discuss what VVTI stand for...

so u enjoy your car