Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/)
-   -   moonroof (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/moonroof-23199/)

engifineer 04-20-2005 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by MesSCIah
Everyone else made a point in 2 lines.....

Took you a whole paragraph to state an already beat to death fact and to top it off, it has nothing to do with this car.... lol....

I was just offering a funny story. In every thread you seem to either twist someone elses post into some argument towards you, or are just plain childish and rude in return. Sorry if I confused you by making you read too much... but maybe it is good practice for your immature mind......

I get so sick of some of these little kids bad attitudes towards evreyone else. Nothing I said hurt anyone.. I thought it was funny.... and what difference does it make which car it was on? It was still very much related. you're just being a d!#k about it as you are in most of your posts. you seem to have some issue that you take out on others... so try and keep it to yourself.... go home little boy :rofl:

engifineer 04-20-2005 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by utatc7218
I thought that that a sunroof is one that opens all the way and a moon roof is one that either pops up a little or doesnt open at all...

Moonroof only opens at night :rofl: Ok, seriously, I dont think anyone agrees on a definition.. I think the two have just been blended together at this point :P

MesSCIah 04-20-2005 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by engifineer
you seem to have some issue that you take out on others... so try and keep it to yourself.... go home little boy :rofl:

No, issues with just you tough guy. Nothing I hate more than someone who thinks he has all the answers. I've never claimed too, but you sure act like it. For someone who has this big degree, you sure spend most of your day typing overly drawn out novels about totally unrelated topics. We don't care how much your Saturn moonroof cost you.... the two are totally different. And for such a "grown" man, you sure throw around the insults like a child..... and those dumb little emoticons.....

utatc7218 04-20-2005 03:48 PM

I have all the answers!! 2+2=4 and so on..

komik 04-20-2005 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by www.sunroofs.org
What is the difference between a sunroof and a moonroof?
Sunroof is the generic term used to describe an operable panel in a vehicle roof which can let in light and/or air. Moonroof is a term created by Ford in the 70's, yet is now used generically to describe glass panel inbuilt electric sunroofs.

Yet, what do you call the immovable glass panel in the back seat?

engifineer 04-20-2005 03:52 PM

you seem to have some issue that you take out on others... so try and keep it to yourself.... go home little boy :rofl:

No, issues with just you tough guy. Nothing I hate more than someone who thinks he has all the answers. I've never claimed too, but you sure act like it. For someone who has this big degree, you sure spend most of your day typing overly drawn out novels about totally unrelated topics. We don't care how much your Saturn moonroof cost you.... the two are totally different. And for such a "grown" man, you sure throw around the insults like a child..... and those dumb little emoticons.....

Who ever said I had all the answers? I sure didnt. I just offer the info I have when I have some. Others do the same, and we all exchange info. That is the point... people ask questions, people provide answers. Here, as well as other posts, you just pick out some detail of someones post and respond in a negative fashion. There was no reason for it, and it served absolutely no purpose, so why do it?? And how was something hitting my moonroof (even if on another car) totally unrelated? Is it that hard to understand the comparison? sorry if I included one detail that was unrelated, I would hate to waste your precious time. And I am at a PC all day, and it takes me all of 5 minutes to type a large answer... so dont worry about my time being wasted. The point is that all of negative comments are un-necessary, so leave them out.. just makes people not want to listen to you.

engifineer 04-20-2005 04:00 PM

Who ever said I had all the answers? I sure didnt. I just offer the info I have when I have some. Others do the same, and we all exchange info. That is the point... people ask questions, people provide answers. Here, as well as other posts, you just pick out some detail of someones post and respond in a negative fashion. There was no reason for it, and it served absolutely no purpose, so why do it?? And how was something hitting my moonroof (even if on another car) totally unrelated? Is it that hard to understand the comparison? sorry if I included one detail that was unrelated, I would hate to waste your precious time. And I am at a PC all day, and it takes me all of 5 minutes to type a large answer... so dont worry about my time being wasted. The point is that all of negative comments are un-necessary, so leave them out.. just makes people not want to listen to you.

j0k3rzwild 04-20-2005 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by tckurt
are you joking? I mean thats like saying dont roll down your window or the door might fall off... of course you can thats what it was made for..

You tell'em tckurt!

moriarty 04-20-2005 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by komik

Originally Posted by www.sunroofs.org
What is the difference between a sunroof and a moonroof?
Sunroof is the generic term used to describe an operable panel in a vehicle roof which can let in light and/or air. Moonroof is a term created by Ford in the 70's, yet is now used generically to describe glass panel inbuilt electric sunroofs.

Yet, what do you call the immovable glass panel in the back seat?

I usually call it a sky light. like in ones house.

MesSCIah 04-20-2005 10:20 PM

I'd tell you where to go, but you probably have the answer.......

engifineer 04-20-2005 10:41 PM

I'd tell you where to go, but you probably have the answer.......

I am deeply scarred emotionally now.... (that would be sarcasm).. Get over it already, its been a whole afternoon. Got prozac?? heh heh

mfbenson 04-20-2005 10:50 PM

And where do T-tops fit into the definitions?

To me, a moonroof was originally a glass panel that would pop up but not slide back. A sunroof was one (metal) that you could remove completely and stow in the trunk or your garage. A Glass Roof is one that doesn't open.

Then, we got "POWER Sunroof" which to me meant a metal panel that would slide back, and "POWER Moonroof" which is a glass panel that slides back.

So under this convention, we have a Power Moonroof in the front seat and a Glass Roof in the back seat.

Too bad the back seat one doesn't open. That would interfere with the rear hatch though.

On the highway, I usually have it in the "mostly open" position. I think in the manual there was a warning about the "fully open" position while at highway speeds. Or maybe I just read that on this website and don't remember right.

Emoticons are kinda childish, but not necessarily the sign of a bad writer, at least not anymore than overuse of an elipsis indicates.

Yes, I use a lof of elipses myself...

:lalala:

Z34RedSox 04-20-2005 11:24 PM

guys lets not fight now... trust me it never ends up good. take the last post i made about a 150 hp scion. Long story short, somebody made fun of the question, i made fun of them, and the topic got locked. Anyway...

I really don't think it matters about the difference between a sun and moon roof. That really doesn't have anything to do with the person's question. I really want to get a moonroof but it's too expensive for me. I don't think it would be a problem to open it though. That IS what it's for you know.

chris0 04-21-2005 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Z34RedSox
guys lets not fight now...I really don't think it matters about the difference between a sun and moon roof. That really doesn't have anything to do with the person's question...

oh yeah? well I'm the one who first listed the difference between the sun roof and the moon roof. you got a problem with that? don't make me come over there!

just kidding, Z34 :P

I usually ride with the moonroof open. that big fat front end of ours seems to deflect most of the rocks that are on the road (I can tell from the chips), and our gigantic windsheild takes care of the rest (I can tell from the pits.) there's nothin' left to hit the moonroof.

chris

oh, and mista3, I don't yet know how much the ticket is. I'm still waiting for the "courtesy notice."

hejustlaughs 04-21-2005 09:05 AM

don't do it by my house. a bird might ____ INTO your car. god i hate trees.

PooM 04-21-2005 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by 2wright
They are launching the tC in the UK?? Or are you getting one shipped over and have a RHD conversion done? My brother lives in the UK and is about to buy a new (company) car, if the tC is going to be available I'll tell him to wait.

Nah its not availible in the UK, but I wanna get one imported but I found out its gonna cost loads if I do it that way, its gonna cost an extra $15-18k to get it imported, plus I dunno if ya can get it serviced at the Toyota garages in the UK, cos they dont have them there, so I dunno if they will be qualifyed, think I might just wait till I move to America :doh:

boostedscion 04-21-2005 10:23 AM

lol... i guess that one new pontiac or something with FOUR glass panels is going to face more problem when they all shatter... LoL

utatc7218 04-21-2005 02:55 PM

the logistics of having the back roof opening, it just can't work.. because if you open the front one its in the way of the back one. so i think its done right the way it is.

engifineer 04-21-2005 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by hejustlaughs

Now that would suck! And I swear birds like to ____ on blue cars more than anything!!!

engifineer 04-21-2005 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by hejustlaughs

Now that would suck! And I swear birds like to ____ on blue cars more than anything!!!