MUST READ: The Scion tC FAQ Site

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default MUST READ: The Scion tC FAQ Site

EDIT 11/11/2008:
hey guys! yeah, i still lurk the site from time to time, but life beckons and i just don't have time anymore to update the faq. i still have my tC and it'll be paid off just in time for the new one. so, maybe a new faq for the new model???

just wanted to post really quick with an updated link to the faq as roadrunner is migrating websites. so if your bookmark stops working, use this one:

http://home.roadrunner.com/~icdedppl/faq.html

----------

ok, so i started on a faq site today while i was at work. very slow day, so had alot of time and got alot done. i guess i did this more for me cos i would copy everything down i thought would be important regarding the tc into a text file, but it wasn't very organized and hopefully this will help this forum and with people asking redundant questions.

here is a link to the faq site. maybe i'll find a permanent home for it when it's closer to going final: http://home.cfl.rr.com/icdedppl/faq.html

what i need from people is *POSITIVE* feedback and help with any questions you want answered and added to the faq along with helping me fix anything that i have wrong.

also, i need help with the following questions so that i can add them:
- i have detailed info on the 17" rims and tires that come standard with the tc, but does anyone know the detailed specs on the 18" rims(off set, etc)?
- for both the 17" and 18" rims and tires, i would like to know the weight of both the rim itself and the tire itself. this has been asked several times here, but i'm not able to find the exact weights for either.

- i plan on doing the mod to allow my oem fog lights turn with my parking lights, but if anyone has done this already and can pass on the info, it'll save me some time.

that's it for now. pm me or respond to this thread with any help/input you can provide and i'll update what i can, when i can.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member
Scion Evolution

wow, having a look now, and have already added to my favs. Lots of good info in one place, nice and clean. After I have a more in-depth look, I see if I have any ideas that you might be interested in. THANKS for sharing with everyone.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:17 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ty for the info
Old 04-25-2005, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Dude deff. keep it up..that site well be big time help to all the scion newbs...I think SL needs to sticky the page!

but again!

oh and by the way! when I was looking on the topics page I saw your topic and thought (cause of the way the q looks) I thought it was a g and this was a TC ___ SITE....I was like OH GOD NO!!!
Old 04-25-2005, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

very nice... on favorties
Old 04-26-2005, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

this FAQ is officially supported by sciongirls.com
Old 04-26-2005, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Seems nice so far. I don't think you really need "answer" after each question though (the difference can already be told by the question as bold and the answer as not).
Old 04-26-2005, 02:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fausty
Seems nice so far. I don't think you really need "answer" after each question though (the difference can already be told by the question as bold and the answer as not).
well, i know what you mean, however, i'm trying to answer just how a noob would need/expect a response.

and yes, it might seem redundant for us. i guess i would compare it to us taking a class at school again that we just took last year, yet the teacher still has to teach it like everyone is new, even though there are people that already know the material, so that's what i'm doing.

and i'm sure i'm *over explaining* some of the questions, but that's to further eliminate even more of the silly, rtfm type questions that fill this board up every day.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

must have been a VERY slow day at work....
Old 04-26-2005, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jaewon223
must have been a VERY slow day at work....
yes. VERY. and i work at home too! lol.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

*bump* shameless bump to annouce that the faq is complete! i will add more questions/answers in the future if any come up: http://home.cfl.rr.com/icdedppl/faq.html

also, i'm bumping this because of all the silly questions i've seen recently. no offense to you n00bs, but really, don't be lazy! between the faq site, your owner's manual and scionlife.com, 99% of your questions should be answered already, so search and use them before you ask!
Old 07-09-2005, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thank you for alot of the info in your FAQ, for good. Only question I have is, I can't get my radio to say Scion in Japanesse, everything else works but that. Just asking, cuz I would like to see that and possibly keep it. I already had it customized, and deleted my custom one to go back to original, thinking that was the reason, still didn't work. Thanx again!

Viki
Old 07-09-2005, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice work...props to you, lots of helpful info,Thanks.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Taken directly from the faq you lazy bones vik =p

(Scion In Japanese)
insert cd and set to track number 2, press and hold 'Folder Down' and 'Text' simultaneously and turn the key so 'ACC' is off.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks again for the faq.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i would have to say one of the most helpful things yet offered by someone on scion life ... good job ...
Old 07-09-2005, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this "faq" should be "stickied". it has been invaluable to me. it answers most of the questions asked here.

</vent>

http://home.cfl.rr.com/icdedppl/faq.html
Old 07-09-2005, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you're welcome everyone! i'll continue to update it when needed as promised.

lmao @ surfcity. you definately are one of the funniest people on the boards! your posts crack me up everyday and your sarcasm *is always* appreciated!!

and yeah, if one of the mods would just sticky this thread, there would be ALOT less needless posts, but w/e. the people who use the faq are the smart one's and at least they have the knowledge and can help out others (aka n00bs) when they need a question answered!
Old 07-09-2005, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member

This is totally cool!!! My only question I didn't see there is what Oil filter can be used and is the camry oil filter interchangeable with the tc version? Great job!
Old 07-09-2005, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mrbridge~I know what it SAYS, but it does NOT work, that's "why" I posted in the 1st place. I'm not at all lazy, I have tried many times, on many different days, it just does not work.

Viki

Quick Reply: MUST READ: The Scion tC FAQ Site