2005-2010 [ANT10]

My Mom Drove My Car...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default My Mom Drove My Car...

Well, yep, yesterday my mom needed to go pick up my sister from some place and my car was blocking her Camry, so she asked to just take my car. I said "sure." So I handed her my keys and went back to what I was doing. Then I keep on hearing my mom rev my car. I was like WTF is going on. It turns out that she is not used to driving a F/I car. She said that she only tap the gas pedal and the car pulls forward as if she was gunning it so she had to brake very often!

I watched her back out of the front of the garage, still revving the car going backwards, and then suddenly stop cause she was backing up too fast, and then backing up again hella fast and braking again. I was cracking up watching her drive. Once she got to the road, it seems like she sped away hella fast and then brake and then it seemed like she was just letting the car roll to the stop sign and then from the stop sign sped off again.

After she came back home and handed me my keys. She said she is never going to drive my car again cause it scared her to death. I took for granted the amount of torque that the tC has. It does feel good having all this torque...

Well that was a fun experience...
Old 10-26-2006, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Time for a new clutch!
Old 10-26-2006, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah...if i had one.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Did you ever put your car on the dyno? I would be interested to see what you put down with your set up.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nope haven't dynoed yet or taken out to the track. I want to do both soon.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It sounds like your car is not tuned properly or your mom needs to re-evaluated for driving priviliges.

Sorry to be a downer, but the tC EVEN WITH YOUR MODS is not a fast car.

If a car such as yours at ~190-230 whp is uncontrollable, let god have mercy on those who drive cars with a potent V6 or V8.

-BrianH
Old 10-26-2006, 08:15 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

It can deffinetly be a fast car, but at pretty much no throttle it is making no more power than a stock one. F/I cars stay in vacume just like anyother car when idle or near idle. (and she should have been at near idle backing out of a driveway.

I know its great to think you drive a beast, and you probably do if its f/i. But your mom acting the way she was in it doesnt prove it to be a beast because she should have seen ZERO boost backing out of a driveway.
Take her license.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

Originally Posted by texasisbigger
It sounds like your car is not tuned properly or your mom needs to re-evaluated for driving priviliges.

If a car such as yours at ~190-230 whp is uncontrollable, let god have mercy on those who drive cars with a potent V6 or V8.

-BrianH

will agree with this....this car is not fast at all...I would hate to see you in my buddies twin turbo viper.....you would not beable to handle that at all
Old 10-26-2006, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Going from a slow car to "faster" one seems like a big acheivement. My last car i dropped a overseas mazda motor in and it was 180hp from the stock 105 or such, and I felt like I was driving the fastest car known to man. I got bored with and slapped on a t3/t4 and turned up the boost to 18psi and I honestly was scared to drive it for awhile it was so damn fast. Got use to it and surely enough it got boring, I know how it goes going from something slower that your not "use" to to something with more push. Last night I drove a 10.8 Vette, it didnt seem too much faster than my last car besides it being RWD and getting squirrly, and it seemed like a whole different situation, I was scared to drive it just cause it wasnt mine and I wasnt use to it.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, look at my mom...she is used to driving 4 cylinder camrys and when she came to my car, it's something new because it's not what she was used to driving, ever since when she got her licnese.

I know my car isn't that fast, but to my mom, it scared her. Yeah...my mom's old....Shhhh....
Old 10-26-2006, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: My Mom Drove My Car...

Originally Posted by TongMan
Well, yep, yesterday my mom needed to go pick up my sister from some place and my car was blocking her Camry, so she asked to just take my car. I said "sure." So I handed her my keys and went back to what I was doing. Then I keep on hearing my mom rev my car. I was like WTF is going on. It turns out that she is not used to driving a F/I car. She said that she only tap the gas pedal and the car pulls forward as if she was gunning it so she had to brake very often!

I watched her back out of the front of the garage, still revving the car going backwards, and then suddenly stop cause she was backing up too fast, and then backing up again hella fast and braking again. I was cracking up watching her drive. Once she got to the road, it seems like she sped away hella fast and then brake and then it seemed like she was just letting the car roll to the stop sign and then from the stop sign sped off again.

After she came back home and handed me my keys. She said she is never going to drive my car again cause it scared her to death. I took for granted the amount of torque that the tC has. It does feel good having all this torque...

Well that was a fun experience...
i may sound realll noobish right now.. but whats a F/I car?
Old 10-26-2006, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

-BrianH
We're talking about my mom here...she likes smooth and quiet cars like the accord and camry!
Old 10-26-2006, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: My Mom Drove My Car...

Originally Posted by smilezdc
i may sound realll noobish right now.. but whats a F/I car?
F/I= Forced Induction aka supercharged or turbo.

-Aaron
Old 10-26-2006, 09:25 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well, look at my mom...she is used to driving 4 cylinder camrys and when she came to my car, it's something new because it's not what she was used to driving, ever since when she got her licnese.

I know my car isn't that fast, but to my mom, it scared her. Yeah...my mom's old....Shhhh....
Kind of like the SAME engine as in your car. In the driveway she would have seen ZERO BOOST. So it would have been the same as driving her camry with the same engine as yours.

Not trying to knock. But you posted the first post as if she got in and it was this insane ride.
It could have been the drive by wire being so touchy giving her problems.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nope I didn't mean to say that my mom got in an insane ride. I was just describing what I saw and what she told me. Maybe she did put too much gas...

How much torque does a V4 2001 Camry LE have?
Old 10-26-2006, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol, what is she used to driving? A 82 Chevy with a carb lol
Old 10-26-2006, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

-BrianH
Lmao, who the ____ is this guy?
Old 10-26-2006, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

thats funny, but she has a carburated camry?? did i read that right?? what is that like an 82?
Old 10-26-2006, 10:43 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Nope I didn't mean to say that my mom got in an insane ride. I was just describing what I saw and what she told me. Maybe she did put too much gas...

How much torque does a V4 2001 Camry LE have?
Only cars with a V4 are Lancia Made engines, or some bikes, but I dont know much abotu them...but anyway..

The 2001 LE came with a 2.2 liter I4 making 150 lb of torque and 136 Hp. Not that far off from the tC.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member

ehh..

it is a big difference when comparing to a f/i tC

lol hell you guys will make fun of me. My last ride was a 1998 corolla. that got the job done.

its so fast, i could beat all of you in a race. provided you don't start the engine. :D

yeah its probably the whole get used to it. my parents definitely wouldn't know what a boosted car feels like. [driving wise]

Quick Reply: My Mom Drove My Car...