Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

My Overall SCION experience to date

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default My Overall SCION experience to date

Problems solved!!

Thats what happens when you work hard at it.

My comments are retracted.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Let me get this straight, you traded in your car, lost about $5k+ in the process... Because your transmission was sometimes making a sound when shifting?
Old 07-09-2005, 02:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No comment
Old 07-09-2005, 02:15 AM
5 Year Member

sorry, but i dont understand your thought proccess. you had a new car with a waranty. why did you trade it in?
Old 07-09-2005, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, so it was making the sound all the time. So what? Sure it shouldn't do that, but you have a warranty, so if this a serious problem, or if your transmission fails, you can get it fixed for free. A hassle is a lot better than losing thousands of dollars on your new car. Plus, maybe it was a minor thing. Some bolt somewhere, some initial break-in, it doesn't mean the tranny is defective.

Hell, if anything, and you seriously have a lot of problems, you could file a lemon claim if serious issues would not get fixed. Then Toyota would buy the car off you, or give you a new one.

I don't see how this was a wise decision one bit, unless money is of no concern to you.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by dmikon
I don't see how this was a wise decision one bit, unless money is of no concern to you.
i 2nd that
Old 07-09-2005, 02:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Got what I wanted!!
Old 07-09-2005, 06:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow, that was.... strange. It seems almost wasteful that you traded in your tC for another one... i waste lots of money, but that'd be one hit i wouldn't take. That is strange for so many other reasons too though. Like how they couldn't detect the problem.. and if it was that obvious and they should've.. .then why it wasn't diagnosed and fixed. It's all just weird. And it's hard for them to justify giving you the difference that you paid if you just went in and traded it in and took that finance charge and everything. It just lacks a certain.. logic. i mean, if your new car was that messed up and you needed it for transportation, then have them give you a rental. i dunno.. maybe you weren't angry enough.... Oh well, hope things work out.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds like you need to raise more hell over the phone and in person to get people to make things right the first time. You should contact my college roomate he got like 3 free fones in the span of 2yrs out of verizon b/c he dropped a few calls and each time he did it he got them to throw in extra minutes and features too. it was nuts.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: My Overall SCION experience to date

Originally Posted by FlintM05tc
I want my Finace charge lowered and to be compensated $3,000 for the last vehicle which should have been bought back in the first place because of the original problem. I also want to be compensated in some way for the scratches that came with the new car.
Sorry to burst your bubble but toyota/Scion has nothing to do with the finance charges the dealerships offer because that is between the finance manager and you. Refinancing is out of the question.

It is also not viable for them to reimburse you for your losses of trading in your vehicle, you made that decision under your own recourse instead of pursuing your vehicle's warranty if there was a problem.

Last but not least the scratches on the vehicle when you took delivery were not logged and you quote
I did not notice for weeks but it was delivered with two scratches in two different places. One on the inside edge of the drivers door and a really nice one under the front airdam.
- if you didn't notice them for weeks a rock could've very well scratched your bumper and somehow your door could've become scratched... if it can't be proven, it can be disproven.

I'm not trying to step on your toes, but you need to get yourself together here. So you had a problem that wasn't addressed by the dealership, you should've pursued that further. You won't get anything but an appology letter, a fixed wheel because that WAS documented, and maybe, MAYBE the scratches repaired even though the dealership nor scion/toyota is liable for them.

another quote
Now I just need my replacement wheel from the dealership, so that I can put my nice new Pirelli P-zero's on. Thats really all I want, but if I can get more from this incedent, the better.
I'm sorry you lost a lot of money on your trade and got shafted on interest. I'm sorry you have scratches on your fairly new car. I'm sorry your first car had a transmission problem. But I'm not sorry at the fact that you are asking for repayment for the mistakes YOU made... if you want a lower interest rate, take out an auto-loan from a bank and pay off the car immediately. If you want a new wheel, get it, you have a right to it. Outside of that, live with the mistakes you made, customer service doesn't need a novel about how you made it hard on yourself and want repercussions.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can see you are not a very bright person. its ok though. i hope you enjoy your new Scion.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC_kevin
i can see you are not a very bright person. its ok though. i hope you enjoy your new Scion.
I actually run a sucessful website and am NOT employed with Best Buy.

And do whatever it takes to satisfy my ego.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC_kevin
I actually run a sucessful website and am NOT employed with Best Buy.

And do whatever it takes to satisfy my ego.
im 17 years old, still in school. hopefully when i grow as old as you, my career wont be running a website. thanks.