Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/)
-   -   At my school lately... (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/my-school-lately-151959/)

shupes31 12-04-2008 09:07 PM

yeah, my highschool experience with my car was quite enjoyable. i got it in december of my senior year and no one except for my friends knew i was getting it. (keep in mind this was a school of 150 kids) my arch rival (history with my ex gf, bigggggggg poop fest, her new bf) walks into the hallway and says "that tc in the parking lot is awesome!"

i just sat smugly, and at the end of the day, watched his jaw drop as i got in, cranked the tunes, and drove away.

hooray scion :bow:

EDDIEA123 12-04-2008 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by shupes31
yeah, my highschool experience with my car was quite enjoyable. i got it in december of my senior year and no one except for my friends knew i was getting it. (keep in mind this was a school of 150 kids) my arch rival (history with my ex gf, bigggggggg poop fest, her new bf) walks into the hallway and says "that tc in the parking lot is awesome!"

i just sat smugly, and at the end of the day, watched his jaw drop as i got in, cranked the tunes, and drove away.

hooray scion :bow:

Noise!!! :rofl:

xCxHxRxIxSx 12-04-2008 10:49 PM

get dem 15 typa rssssssssss yoooooooooooooooooooooooo!

vingt10 12-04-2008 10:57 PM

at my school i only get crap from the really redneck kids. most people love my car. next time they all stare just ask them what the fck they're staring at and after a couple times it'll prolly stop.......or make it worse, not sure

AdmirN 12-04-2008 11:07 PM

Just race his ___... What kind of civic is it ex???

RCZDesigns 12-04-2008 11:29 PM

Confront him about it... quit cowering away. I had a few times in high school where I chose to be "mature" and diffuse situations and now I regret not doing what I thought I should've.

Get ready for my tried and tested theory.

If he laughs at you and doesn't change standing position when approached (or a dead give away is giving up eye contact and looking at his buddies to laugh) he's probably a sissy and will try doing the push-shove routine right away, if so he will go down easily with a open hand (palm) hook to the side of the head (up two inches between eye and ear). Don't mind the friends unless their bigger than you, because after the douche goes down the other kids will just try to diffuse the situation. And don't put your hands on him first.

You could also hit him both sides at once, same spot on both sides also open palm (open fist, however you like to word it)

Disclaimer - if you are 5'2" 110lbs (or fit in that bracket) don't attempt. And I am not responsible for any hospital bills if you don't hit him hard enough and he hurts you, LOL. Also if you don't know what a palm hit is, this might not be a good idea for you either.

*Not a serious comment. Joke ^.

Go4shoped 12-04-2008 11:33 PM

Buy a turbo, problem solved.

jct 12-04-2008 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Joyride
Shoot them lol JUST KIDDING!

Haha last year at my high school i just got named yelled at me such as nice car, or rev it! Never got anything negative.

yes bring a 8y/o that likes to bring guns with 'em and tell 'em to go all school yard on 'em

Kanchi 12-05-2008 02:18 AM

Ignore him it is High School...got to college and flip him an extra 20 next time you see him in the McDonnalds drive through...

blkchrytc 12-05-2008 02:57 AM

when hes away, scratched the s*** out of his car, if he has his buddies with him, you're only get jumped and be on nothingtoxic.com. never park by him again though. :evil:

silverstreaktc 12-05-2008 03:00 AM

that's high school for you. ive observed that people like that are extremely self consious about something and they do ____ like that to look cool in front of their friends so they can be accepted and considered "cool"....go to county college. i can guarantee nobody would give 2 ____s about your car.

lostxD 12-05-2008 03:00 AM

disregard the turbo suggestions etc.

there's a reason why its the young age group who always try to race and die.

then again. i'm just generalizing =]

silverstreaktc 12-05-2008 03:02 AM

by the way, when i was in hs i had an eclipse and everyone and their mother either had a tc or a mazda 3 and i was like "i would never drive either''...ironically i love my tc and my girl has a mazda3.....go figure :)

tC_insomniac 12-05-2008 03:03 AM

hahah. thanks guys. I know its only high school, like the beginning of my life so I wont let it bother me, its just rediculous cause he has a stock civic. And, clearly I have a modded car and its manual so :lalala:

but thanks for advice, Im just tired of rolling with the "make fun of Scion" punches..

RCZDesigns 12-05-2008 03:06 AM

So you going to drop him like a Nextel call or what? :love:

silverstreaktc 12-05-2008 03:08 AM

oh, and i don't think violence is the key here. if he thinks he's so tough, go to the track and race him...i can almost guarantee you'll win. unless he has an SI

Avedis 12-05-2008 03:11 AM

As many people have said before, just ignore him - it's high school. And like you said, your school year is halfway done, and you will hopefully be leaving the area, hopefully going to higher education and becoming better at life than that kid.

I'm in high school too, but my lot is assigned parking, and we have cameras all over our school, so doing something in the lot is a stupid idea. I have not gotten any bad remarks about my car. A lot of people like may car. The only negative comment I received about my car was when i debadged my grille and put a mesh overlay on top of it, but the kid that said it was a d-bag and doesn't know anything about cars. I'm very protective of my car, as I once was at a party and someone broke off my shorty antenna and I had to work to remove the stub. There's also one kid that I would only think of that would do something to my car, but I think he's smart enough to not do it. However, I do get very nervous (becuase of my antenna situation) when I see "cool kids" hangin out in a parking lot at 11 at night.

As far as your situation goes, just ignore him. Like you said, he always looks back to his home boys :silly: for support. Remove them and he's nothing. It's like a pack of wolves. Together they're 'tough,' but individually they are weak-minded cowards. He is a bully. He finds energy in seeing it bother you, so ignore him. If you confront him and try to solve it with words, he will probably call you a sissy. He obviously wants you to do something. So what? You are not at fault. Whatever you do, just do not hit him, nothing good will come from it.

Sorry for the long comment/rant, but I empathize with you, and would also be somewhat annoyed by these kids.

silverstreaktc 12-05-2008 03:12 AM

and if you're really feeling cocky do what movie stars do in movies and get out of the car with sunglasses on, flip him the keys, and tell him "youre so cool, that means you can drive stick too...here....why don't you show everyone your mad jdm skillz"

Murbyrne 12-05-2008 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by tC_insomniac
but thanks for advice, Im just tired of rolling with the "make fun of Scion" punches..

yea, scion does get a lot of hate for really no reason. We have affordable, fun, dependable cars so.....whats wrong with that? I think a lot of people just dont know a lot about the brand/cars.

Avedis 12-05-2008 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Murbyrne

yea, scion does get a lot of hate for really no reason. We have affordable, fun, dependable cars so.....whats wrong with that? I think a lot of people just dont know a lot about the brand/cars.

WELLL.....you aswered that right there. We have fun, affordable, and dependable cars