2005-2010 [ANT10]

My TC got a boo boo today =(

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, here is how it went:

I came into the parking lot and my wife wanted me to back in under the tree so she could be in the shade. I went about 3 spaces down to get plenty of room because I hate backing up in my TC due to the angle of the back window and the dark tint. So I checked in my mirrors, no one there. Backed up and stuck my head out the window to see the line of the space. I was just turning the wheel back straight where you see in the pictures and it felt like I had slid into a telephone pole! I was like WTF and looked over and all I see is the front of an ugly ___ purple jeep against my pass side fender. I got ____ed and got out to see my car. The OLD lady in the pass side got out and started yelling at me! I started to dial 911 and just then a cop came in the parking lot. I don't know why he was there but it was perfect timing. The cop got out of the car and yelled at the OLD lady to get back into the car. (She was like 80) After examining the damage I figure that the brush gaurd on the jeep hit my door and pushed it in. I was backing up so the brush gaurd slid off the leading edge of the door and grabbed the trailing edge of the fender and crushed it forward pushing it into my tire. The lady states I hit her. The cop kinda laughed when she said that. The insurance guy said he doesn't see how I could have hit her if I was almost in the space. We hit at right angles, she had just entered the parking lot. Anyway now I'm waiting for the adjuster to call me to have the car inspected. I don't think this is going to get fixed very fast.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

no it makes sense. got lucky with that cop being right there.

its crazy too, i was walking about to my car after work and i cross an intersection and not even 10 seconds later i hear tire screech and then boom. guy wanted to make a left turn at the intersection but didnt wait for another guy going in the opposite direction who was going straight.

then after that on my way home this dumb butt who is speeding and weaving in and out of traffic gets right on my butt. im in the slow lane because my exit is coming up, i swear that he came within inches of rear-ending me. i really wanted to hit my ebrake but then i thought about it. he is driving a old beat up honda hatchback pos that doesnt look insured and he looks like some kid who dropped out of school. if it would have been been a new bmw or mercedes then hell yea. ill take it up the butt to get a nice paycheck to pay for more mods.

well enough of my rant

hope they give you a nice check dude.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm thinking if they do write me a check and it's just to me (some companies want to put a shop name on the check too) then I wanna get my reverse cowl hood. I can fix the car for like 1k I think. I can get an OEM fender color matched for $465 shipped and find a used side skirt my color. I'll have to have a shop fix the leading edge of the door. Then I should have enough for my hood. Anyone have a reverse cowl hood? Do you get water in the engine compartment and if so what gets wet?
Old 09-16-2008, 04:54 AM

wow that left a huge mark...
Old 09-16-2008, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So you were parked... and she said you hit her! lol...I love it..I'm sorry for your car....Its happening to lots tC lately!
Old 09-16-2008, 04:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe it's just the warm weather but $hit, we have had alot of stupid accidents here lately. I forgot a strange part. The cop stoped right away like I said. He got out and made sure everyone was ok and said he will be right back he has to go assist with another accident and left. All 4 of us were standing there looking stupid like WTF!
Old 09-16-2008, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1_kLEan_tC
So you were parked... and she said you hit her! lol...I love it..I'm sorry for your car....Its happening to lots tC lately!
Well yea I wasn't fully parked but moving backward and got hit from the side. I wonder how she is going to explain this one when her insurance gets my story and my pictures!
Old 09-16-2008, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Was she moving too..
Old 09-16-2008, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1_kLEan_tC
Was she moving too..
She said she was stopped. When the cars came together I remember thinking. "WTF did I hit a pole? Wait, there wasn't a pole anywhere around. No that could not have been a pole that was way too hard." So she had to have been moving, I was going like 3-4 mph if even that fast because I hate backing up as stated before. I'm always worried about hitting something.

P.S. How do you like my new signature?
Old 09-16-2008, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Worse part about it is that this TC was about as perfect as 05's come. I mean a little swirl from the prior owner and a light scratch in a few places. From 4 feet away it looked perfect. I just hope it returns to that condition.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

DANG!!!! man i would beat the !!! hope you can get it ixed soon... good luck man...
Old 09-16-2008, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

that sucks sorry to see that
Old 09-17-2008, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just noticed something weird, most ppls avatar pictures of their car are close to the same view. IDK, just noticed.

Did I just jack my own thread?
Old 09-17-2008, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

more than a boo boo, sorry to hear man. Best of luck getting her fixed.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks everyone for the support. Right now Geico and State Farm are trying to decide fault. I have Geico. State Farm asked me for a statement today and I told them to contact Geico. I gave Geico a recorded statement over the phone at lunch today. I don't see how I could, but I hope I'm not found at fault. Then I won't have to pay the deductable. More money left over!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Update: fault was decided today. It seems in Washington state that if you are backing up any impact is automatically your fault. I was in fact moving away from her. They are taking her side of the story. She states this happened in the middle of the road and I had moved the vehicle back after the impact. I don't know how this can be considering my fender was pushed against my tire. They also say the damage does not match the impact. I tried to explain exactly how the damage came out that way but she stated the backing up law again. On the bright side, there maybe video of the accident! I was checking buisness around the area for cameras and the buisness park diagnal from the scene has their entire property taped. If one camera faces the parking lot where it happened then I might be able to prove my story. I have to call the property manager tomorrow to find out.

I go to the appraiser tomorrow to get my estimate and my check. Wish me a big check! Also, it doesn't look like my rates are going to go up due to my perfect record! I will keep this thread posted on the changes. May even do a write up on the repairs.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

that sucks dude. hope the place had a camera pointed in your direction. did the cop that stopped witness it? did he provide a statement. what a bish.

hope all goes well dude
Old 09-18-2008, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No, he did not witness it. Missed it by like 1 minute. I'm still trying to get ahold of the property manager about the cameras. I got my estimate today. After my deductable the check is $1,531.35. I'm gonna have to do alot of the work myself to have any left over. I should see a check in a few days. At least the adjuster said he can see exactly how the damage was done by my explanation of the accident. I will be posting a list of parts I need in a new thread soon, trying to repair as cheap as possible of course.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have posted a wanted ad for the larger parts I need.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...732014#3732014

I'm also in need of some of the clips and bolts that hold the fender and skirt on. If you have any of these pls let me know!
Old 09-20-2008, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's some BS. The driver of the other car is clearly at fault for hitting you. Old people should be able to drive >.<

Quick Reply: My TC got a boo boo today =(