Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

nagotiation

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default nagotiation

ok....i know that the pricing for scions is pure pricing...but neone out there got the car under the msrp....ive herd some dealers will give cars under the msrp if u argue with them enough.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: nagotiation

Originally Posted by dudechewy
ok....i know that the pricing for scions is pure pricing...but neone out there got the car under the msrp....ive herd some dealers will give cars under the msrp if u argue with them enough.
its negotiation and no, they will not deal with you on the price. this is just how it is.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For probably the millionth time, NO you cannot negotiate the tC price. Only the accessories have different prices depending on the dealer.

Kevin
Old 09-27-2004, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Not even employees get discounts. They are a great deal as is, I felt perfectly comfortable buying my vehicle and my accessories at the price posted on scion.com.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by DibujoB
...They are a great deal as is, I felt perfectly comfortable buying my vehicle and my accessories at the price posted on scion.com.

yeah, what he said^^^^^
Old 09-27-2004, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude if you want to argue the cost of a car like this, maybe you should just go argue the cost of a Kia Rio. They go for like $7,999 in my area, thats below MSRP. Wait, you get a Korea car then & no where near as many options. Stop trying to cheat the company out of the little money they make on the cars, & pay MSRP.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Bah. Pure pricing is just a scam that guarantees them a nice profit. Who says they make a little money on tC's, oh wait that is what Scion tells you and their dealers. Its all bull____ I say.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by vosteven
Bah. Pure pricing is just a scam that guarantees them a nice profit. Who says they make a little money on tC's, oh wait that is what Scion tells you and their dealers. Its all bull____ I say.
Got news buddy: Scions don't grow on trees. Sorry to disappoint. And the only automobiles that make any kind of real profit are trucks and suvs.

As for pure pricing: the price is artificially low, it doesn't respond to supply and demand. Look at the mazda3... when their demand went up after release, the price went up a few hundred. Scions has kept the price for the tc the same even while they can't keep up with demand.

Now... if you got some proof or eyewitnesses on how much the actual cost of a tc is for dealers, then you'd got something going.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

On the Scions, I do believe my salesman on this one. There is very LITTLE profit on each Scion built. Do mostly to Scion trying to build customer loyalty by getting the "young" folks into the Toyota family.

Kevin
Old 09-27-2004, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Oh whatever. You have the right to your opinions. I have to mine. I don't believe they are going to make a car that isn't going to make them a nice amount of money.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

even if it does make them money (hmmmmm, a business that makes money...thats craaaazzzyyy ), the point is that they make a hell of a lot less money than other cars in the same price range.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Again. How would you know how much they make? No one has the actual numbers. So its all speculation.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Because multiple salesmen on this board have said it themselves that what they buy their cars for, are not much less than how much they sell them for.

If anything, Toyota is the one making the $, the dealers barely make a profit as is, so why would they sell below msrp, when their price they buy them from toyota, stays the same.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Again. How would you know how much they make? No one has the actual numbers. So its all speculation.
C'mon by the dealership...I'll be happy to pull out an invoice for you to look at and you can see exactly how little money there is to be made.

And I think you should know that salespeople aren't _____ing because there isn't much money in them (well, some are), but it is considerably less profit margin then most cars on the market and it's a fair price for everyone.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I doubt even Toyota is making profit on Scions... or planning on making one. My guess is it's all break-even. It's all about getting kids to be turned onto Toyota in general so when they grow older, they'll graduate to a camry instead of an accord. I'm sure if they do turn a profit they're just gonna turn it back into more marketing.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

here you go:

xB automatic: $14995 MSRP - $14276 Invoice $719 Profit
xA automatic: $13795 MSRP - $13136 Invoice $659 Profit
tC automatic: $17265 MSRP - $16433 Invoice $832 Profit

not much of a money maker for toyota.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member

I was informed that the dealer only makes about 7-800 on the car, this is from my friend who owns the dealership..
Old 09-27-2004, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member

and that is the dealer profit not the the salesman profit....salesman make $75 to $150 off of that....lots of money...yeah right....just shut up and pay the msrp....no ponit on arguing because u aint gonna win...
Old 09-27-2004, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Regardless of the the amount of profit it's a good price for a good car. Take the options list and the amount and see how many other vehicles there are that give you that much for the same price or less. I haven't looked but I'm sure you'll be hard pressed to find any. For the ones you do, consider how long those cars will last compared to the Scion. One of the bigger reasons Toyota is so popular is that they run forever (figuratively).
Old 09-27-2004, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I did pay MSRP for my car. So quit your _____ing. He asked about pure pricing and I stated my view. You guys started arguing about a price of a car. Big deal.