Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Need Help...Might Help Others Too

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member

Default Need Help...Might Help Others Too

so i go into my dealer today to get my oil change and stuff, and so i asked him how much they charge to install the springs.....he comes back to me with $600 for labor....i go "you're kidding right?"....he's like no it's a long installation job....so i brought him down to about $380 for labor, but that's still a rip off...

so my request for help is:
i need all of you who got your TRD springs installed (tc only) by your Toyota/ Scion dealer for less than $300 to give me your dealers phone number. my dealer said that if he talks to them and they confirm that they did it for less than $300, he will do it for me for the same price...

so i need your dealer's phone # and whatever other info you could give me (your name, vehicle VIN, person you talked to at your dealership)...and don't forget the area code first

BTW, i live in So Cal, but if you're in any other state i still want the phone number.

Thanks Bros,
Cruzader777
Old 11-17-2004, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

DOn't go to the dealer- there are a ton of quality shops in So. Ca. that can do it for $100- $150.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:01 PM
zac
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

courtesy toyota and Scion
407-678-1234
orlando fl
trd springs and installation $394.00 total
you will definitly be able to find a cheaper place but id spend the extra money now and save my warranty if i were you.

if you get someplace else to do the install buy the springs from them and it might be cheaper, also you can get a bigger drop like 2"
if your killing your warranty you mise well slam that _____ :mrgreen:
Old 11-17-2004, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

download the TC repair manual ( if you need it) and put the springs on yourself. i'm serious, you can put them on in 3 hours or less.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zac
you will definitly be able to find a cheaper place but id spend the extra money now and save my warranty if i were you.
It does not void your warranty to have someone other than the dealer put TRD springs on the car- It is the same as an oil change- If Quicklube changes the oil my warranty is not voided.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member

therotman - dealer told me it does void warranty if i do it somewhere else...he said that the part is always covered by warranty, but if something is caused by the installation, and they weren't the one's who installed it, then warranty is void. he might be wrong, but for now i'll believe him unless you could point me to somewhere that says that it doesn't void warranty. Thanks.

zac - thanks for info...that was for the springs & installation? that means labor was only about $200, which is perfect for me. do you remember the guy's name? and would you mind PMing me your car's VIN or your full name so i they could verify this?

blackpearltc - i'd like to do it myself, but knowing me i'll f*ck something up
Old 11-17-2004, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You only void warrenty if they proved that you done something to the car that lead to the problem...

They can say things like if you put 87 octane in a 92 only car will void it, but they have to prove that that is the reason your windows won't roll up for them not to fix it... We all know 87 octane has nothing to do with window motors, so thus they have no rights to refuse your warrenty...

Even if you had your hand resting on the arm rest pressing the button blowing out the motor while filling up 87 octane they can't do a damn thing about it but fix it...

So what I'm saying is, just because you're putting on springs to drop your car, when your tranny blows, you can have them fix it still...
Old 11-18-2004, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where can I download the service manual?
Old 11-18-2004, 06:54 AM
5 Year Member

alright, well anyways....thanks for all the suggestions...but i still have to get it done at the dealership cause my dad says so and he's paying for the car...

so, again, all i'm asking for is the phone # to a Toyota/ Scion dealership where any of you got your TRD springs installed for less than $300.

Thanks guys.
Cruzader777
Old 11-19-2004, 11:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

try callin carson toyota... they quoted me some decent prices on some stuff before... but i got the quotes from teh parts dept on the parts + install