2005-2010 [ANT10]

Need help someone vandalized my car! *Update w/pics*

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Need help someone vandalized my car! *Update w/pics*

This morning when I came home from my second job, delivering bread, I was parking and I noticed a long white streak on my hood. I just figured it was something that fell from the tree, so I went closer to investigate and I discovered that my hood was keyed staight to the primer some parts straight to the metal. So I was ____ed off but I got over it because I figured I wanted a carbon fiber hood anyways, even though I wasn't planning on getting it yet because I was saving money for other parts. Then I went driving to get some food and noticed that my windshield was covered in clear bubble-like specs that didn't come off with my wipers, not even with my fingernail, but I thought nothing of it until I looked in my side mirror and noticed it was all over my paint too. It doesn't come off for nothing so my question is...does anybody know what they might have used? I never even heard of somebody doing that. FYI, I live in a condo and don't know anybody in this area, and I have no problems with anybody being that I just moved here. I work two jobs to support my family and hobby, don't bother anybody and this is what I get for it. Any information on those specs would be appreciated. Here are a few pics of the key job. Sorry don't have any pics of the specs cause they're so clear that the camera won't pick them up.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

my car got keyed too, except it was all the way down both sides... wheel well to wheel well... and most of it's down to the metal... so sorry about that. i know how you feel!

as for the specs, i get something like that when we have the sprinkler on at night. it gets all over my car and dries up, and doesn't come off when i turn on the wipers. and it doesnt seem to come off when i rub it or whatever else. so it may just be something like that. i dont know... maybe its just my awkward sprinkler... or sap maybe? do you park under trees? maybe it wasnt whoever keyed your car. hope for the best! good luck with all of that!
Old 07-03-2007, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks.

I do park under trees sometimes and I thought about the sap thing but it looks like it came out of a spray bottle and its on the sides of the car too. So I thought that was kind of wierd. And the specs are rock solid I would think that sap would still be sticky if it just happened a few hours ago.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The reason someone did that to your car was because they are jealous. It always takes some idiot to do something like that to someones car, hopefully it will not cost much to get fixed.

John
Old 07-03-2007, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

im really sorry man... i hate when people do ____ like this! it really aggravates me... good luck with the repairs!!
Old 07-03-2007, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I can see from your first pic that you were parked under a pine tree- I'm almost certain that the hard little specks are dried tree sap. My in-laws have a pine tree that looks just like that one, and if you park under it for any period of time, it rains those same little specks of sap all over your car. It hardens pretty fast too, and looks like little bubbles of plastic. Try some bug & tar remover, or some wd-40 (it dissolves sap pretty well actually.)
Old 07-03-2007, 02:26 AM

i got a rs2 also i think their just hating on the color
Old 07-03-2007, 02:27 AM

i got a BAD key mark on my driver side
Old 07-03-2007, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

no but really, sorry to hear about that, man. that really sucks.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

so sorry, Is there a vendetta against tCs? I have read so many "i got keyed" threads I feel I need to lock my car up and never take it out. If you were planning to get a CF hood I guess you wont be losing money in a sense(unless you were selling your stock hood) which makes you lucky.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yep . Pine tree sap . As for the scratch , pfffft . Sorry . That stinks .
Old 07-03-2007, 03:10 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontC
so sorry, Is there a vendetta against tCs? I have read so many "i got keyed" threads I feel I need to lock my car up and never take it out. If you were planning to get a CF hood I guess you wont be losing money in a sense(unless you were selling your stock hood) which makes you lucky.
Any car that's modified as much as yours is more likely to get keyed. Idiots who don't like your taste feel the need to screw up your car, basically.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That tree would love to sprinkle tree p!ss on your car.

The key mark sucks though. I remember my old car, when I was at the grocery store, I parked up front near the entrance. I came out to find some old 80 year old woman who placed her keys on my hood to look at the plants out front and scratched the hell out of my hood. Some people have no respect for other people's property.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

The stuff on your windows might come off. I work as a detailer and when theres hard water spots on the window we use steel wool. You have to press pretty hard but it'll take the spots off. Don't do that on your mirrors or the inside of the windows if you have tint.

Thats only if its water spots its possible that if someone messed with your car they used something acidic.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Premium Member
Team ScioNRG

sry to see such a beautiful thing ruined man . . jealous people are super ____ty dude. good luck man
Old 07-03-2007, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that was a nice rs2 man ..
Old 07-03-2007, 06:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

aww man i hate ppl that do that, im truly sorry about your car. i know exactly how you feel, both my driver and passanger sided got keyed 3 days apart, headlight to tail light area

so are you gonna get it fixed, insurance should cover it, and you pay the detuctable. or just get a c/f hood?

man im honestly upset about that, my car would have already been fully kitted, if i didnt have to keep paying for what ppl do to my car, im sure you feel the same

Old 07-03-2007, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awww....poor baby....that sucks.......that is a gorgeous color too......

~Stephanie
Old 07-03-2007, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

suvving, that sh*t was funny as hell.

Thanks for all your sympathy and advise everyone. I'm taking my car to my father in-laws, he use to own a detailing shop so I would think if anybody knows what it is or how to get it off he will. I'll post as soon as I find out.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Unfortunately, I think your car just drew too much attention. Sucks that people can't have nice things without others messing it up. My old SE-R was keyed on both sides of the car much worse than that and it didn't even look as nice as your TC. ____ty thing was that 1 month after I repainted it, my mom backed into it

GT

Quick Reply: Need help someone vandalized my car! *Update w/pics*