2005-2010 [ANT10]

NEED YOUR HELP ALL tC Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default NEED YOUR HELP ALL tC Owners

I had my Injen CAI installed a couple weeks ago and I found today, that it looks as though there are 5 clips missing to attach the front bumper to engine compartment. Can all you tC owners please run out to your car and look and see if there are clips under the hood right on top of the radiator holding the top portion of the bumper. Right on top of the top front grill. Mine is now loose because it's missing 5 clips. 2 are really close together on the left and right sides and then in the middle there is a bar that extends outward from the radiator to attach the middle clip. You'll see what i'm saying. Hit me back. Thanks so much guys.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes there are clips
Old 06-26-2011, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There sure are. Who installed it? If it was a shop they probably have them in the shop cause they forgot to put em back on.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yep there are clips , did u install it?
Old 06-27-2011, 02:22 AM

You can buy use clips on TRD sparks or any other Toyota parts store. I don't know the parts number but they shouldn't be too hard to locate
Old 06-27-2011, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Buy a set of zip ties and bam, problem fixed.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You guys are awesome. Thank you. I'm going over to Toyota today. And then moth*rfuc*king that tune shop, haha. They did an awesome job, I can see how that would be easy to forget. No big deal. Thanks again.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

it is a big deal though... If you paid them to do something for you, it needs to be 100% complete.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeaaa plus if it ends up coming off randomly from all the power your pushing in that cai then thats most likely a broken bumper maybe damaged wheels etc... good thing you caught that though! i dont think i woulda seen it unless it just wiggled alot ha
Old 06-27-2011, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jman07jb
Yeaaa plus if it ends up coming off randomly from all the power your pushing in that cai then thats most likely a broken bumper maybe damaged wheels etc... good thing you caught that though! i dont think i woulda seen it unless it just wiggled alot ha
Yeah it was a good thing I saw it. I was cleaning my car and went under the hood to wipe down the engine cover, intake, hoses, ect and I noticed the clips were missing and then I wiggled it and it was loose as a sumbi+ch.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you ever get this problem take care of? Perhaps try talking to the people who did the install? And if you did it yourself, shame on you for losing the clips ;-)
Old 06-28-2011, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha, no no I didn't do the install. I had it done at a tuner shop. They are well aware that they forgot them and of course no ones who did it, but I am getting my $30 dollars back that I spent on those da.mn things from Toyota to get them replaced.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude next time do the cai install yourself. It's free and takes like 20 mins and a screwdriver.

Sent from somewhere using Something.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hayseed - Thanks for the two cent advice, but try and know what your talking about before you give out any. It's a CAI not an intake. I'm sorry I didn't feel comfortable removing my front bumper (because... you know... I do it all the time) because I wanted it done right. Yeah I know they forgot the clips. These guys do awesome work, that's why I took it there. They built my dad's 2009 SRT-8 Completely forged out 6.1L 774HP Hemi Challenger with a ProCharger supercharger running 18lbs of boost. This ain't no "mom n pop" ****. They know what they are doing, so yeah, next time I get something done, which my Tein S-Techs, I'm having them do it, even though that probably only takes a pair of scissors, right?
Old 06-29-2011, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Never said intake. I said cai. You don't need to take of your front bumper. But I guess modifying cars means different things to different people; to some it's the joy of going out there and tinkering with the car, to others it's the joy of running your credit card so someone else can.

Cool story about the hemi. I'll bet my dads 15000hp 2jz powered miata could beat it...

And installing s techs is simple. I wouldn't know or anything, im not on my third suspension or anything though.

Last edited by Hayseed; 06-29-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hayseed
Never said intake. I said cai. You don't need to take of your front bumper. But I guess modifying cars means different things to different people; to some it's the joy of going out there and tinkering with the car, to others it's the joy of running your credit card so someone else can.

Cool story about the hemi. I'll bet my dads 15000hp 2jz powered miata could beat it...

And installing s techs is simple. I wouldn't know or anything, im not on my third suspension or anything though.

:like:
Old 06-30-2011, 08:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hayseed, how would you get the Injen CAI to extend down by the left front? Just taking the wheel off wouldn't do it, and I ain't going short ram with that thing. The bumper HAS to come off. And yes, I completely understand what your saying about the joy of working on your car, but this is my daily driver that owe money on, I need it to be done right. Now... an '85 Monte Carlo, yeah... i'll do whatever with that thing because if something goes wrong it's fine because I don't actually NEED the car. I never said working on this car is difficult, I just need it done right. And I pay cash for everything? I don't even have a credit card. If I can't affort the part with the installation, I won't buy it.

And how the he*ll did you get 15,000HP into a miata? is someone fudging numbers? I think he should call Guiness World Records he be in that book, because that's a first. And I'm sorry, but I don't think even with 1,500HP your dad could take the Challenger. Yes that car is light as *****, but that only gets you so far.

Explain to me the process of changing these springs then, why would they estimate that it would take them near four hours to do it? Still easy work, but just tedious and time consuming? What? And I don't have an alignment machine in my garage? What do you suggest?
Old 06-30-2011, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol buddy you take the wheel off. Done it a million times. Taking the front bumper off is simple anyways but no you just take the driver front wheel off lol. That's like the easiest mod to this car.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/tc-tech-diy-1818/intake-install-aem-61913/

Even kids can do it.

I'm being sarcastic about the miata... In other words, I don't care how fast your dads car is. Makes no difference to me. Sounds like you don't know much about cars if you don't know what a 2jz is anyways lol.

A suspension install takes me about 3 hours. 2 for the fronts, maybe an hour for the rears. If that shop does an alignment right after they're ____ing retarded. The springs have to be given time to settle. I usually wait a week then go in for an alignment...

Last edited by Hayseed; 06-30-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hayseed
Lol buddy you take the wheel off. Done it a million times. Taking the front bumper off is simple anyways but no you just take the driver front wheel off lol. That's like the easiest mod to this car.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61913
Even kids can do it.

I'm being sarcastic about the miata... In other words, I don't care how fast your dads car is. Makes no difference to me. Sounds like you don't know much about cars if you don't know what a 2jz is anyways lol.

A suspension install takes me about 3 hours. 2 for the fronts, maybe an hour for the rears. If that shop does an alignment right after they're ____ing retarded. The springs have to be given time to settle. I usually wait a week then go in for an alignment...

:like:
Old 06-30-2011, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got ya, but yeah, I have taken a bumper off before, the bumper at the time was a custom body kit so it wasn't a perfect fit and it was a little tricky getting it back on and I didnt want to go through that again especially with my tC even though i know it is factory and fits like a glove. Looking at where the cai goes I can see how it would be nice to have it off, but if you just take off the tire and inner liner i can see how it can be pulled off. my bad.

and yes, 2jz reminds me of nothing more than my friends '95 supra. I know what what that is referring to. Am I huge into the in's and out's of cars? no. i'll be honest. do i enjoy my tC? absolutely. Do i have questions? most definitely. that is why I posted this thread and a couple others. I have style and the tC fits it, plus my Agency sounds like a fu.ckin beast. I love it. as soon as i get it dropped on some flat blacks and some tint i'm set. And the shop didn't mention aligning at all, i just know it needs to be done at some point. i appreciate the info, maybe there doesn't need to be so much hostility, because i'm not trying to act like i know more than i do. i thought maybe i could learn a few things on here, and not be given a hard time. there was a time when you didn't know sh.it. and yes, my dad's challenger has nothing to do with anything. but put it against a supra, and that would be interesting. zo6's have a hard enough time.

Quick Reply: NEED YOUR HELP ALL tC Owners