Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

New headlight mod idea..whos got the balls?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default New headlight mod idea..whos got the *****?

I was driving around tonight and I saw a Lexus GS and a Mercedes E Class go by and noticed they both have running lights to the inside of the headlights where our high beams are. I thought it wouldnt be too difficult to mod our headlight housing to give the same kind of look. If you were to drill holes in the high beam area of the housing to mount the 194 wedge bulb running lights that are in the low beams already, there would be a nice glow frm the high beam area as well as the full brightness of the low beams. It would probably be as simple as removing the headlight housings and drilling 2 holes and a little dremeling to make it so the socket will lock in. Reinstall the lights and move the wedge bulb from the lo to high beams. There wouldnt be any rewiring to do and it might give the car a nice look. I probably wont do it, but it might give YOUR tC a real unique touch.

Any thoughts?

This might belong in the "Drag Coefficient" area, but I posted here to get more feedback. Sorry if I was rude mods.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you mean a city light? i did that mod to my old GTI (since the European spec headlights had them). drilled a hole under the highbeam socket and used expoxy to "mount" the socket. wired it to my parking lights. here's a pic.

i'm glad we dont have daytime running lights (yeah yeah yeah, i know how they can prevent accidents blah blah blah)
Old 07-06-2005, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Basically yeah...but just moving the lights that are already there and on into the high beam part of the housing.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn, you stole my idea. It'd look really really cool if you ask me. Although I dont have the ***** to do something like that...Not to mention, I really wish you didnt have to remove the front bumper to take out the headlights, that's another thing stopping me. Back in my focus, you could take out the headlight in like 5 minutes, heh.

-Alex-
Old 07-06-2005, 06:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i might give that a try in a few weeks when i retro projectors into the headlight. at first i was going to wire CCFL rings to the parking light, maybe i'll re-locate the 194 bulb too.

i was thinking of painting the black part of the headlight silver. i was also thinking about painting the upper 'eyelid' silver on the inside, but i don't know how that'll turn out...