Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

New to Scion--Intro--

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 06:32 PM

Exclamation New to Scion--Intro--

Hi My Name is Aaron I Own a 2006 Silver Metallic "1F7" Scion Tc and It is a Auto little bit about it I bought the car just to have it and then decided i wanted to give it a little bit of power so I added a OBX header,S-pipe,Tsudo Mid-pipe with anti fouler trick and a Dc Sport Axle Back Muffler and what a horrible combination that was so now i have the stock muffler on which now sounds terrible but looking for a little more power i was gunna go with a nice intake and throttle body spacer any ideas on anything I can add And Im also looking for people who live nearby I used to live in NY but moved to Alabama but when i was in NY we had a bunch of TC's that hung out at the lot just seeing if there is anyone who does that around here Im in the Cullman,al area any ideas on what i can do without turboing or supercharging it to make it just a little bit quicker or suggestions on any extra mods thanks
Old 08-31-2012, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Name:  S1h5z.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  106.9 KB
Old 08-31-2012, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome...You wont get much power unless you boost....
Old 08-31-2012, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member

Smile hi

hello guys my name is nick im a filipino from vallejo Ca., just got my first scion tc rs 8.0 limited edition i join this group to learn new things about upgrading my car since im quite new on this matter. thanks a lot.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

REDACTED

Last edited by pyroman131; 07-26-2018 at 03:02 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pyroman131
One avenue that is often not pursued is decreasing weight. If you don't transfer passengers, consider removing the rear seat and just laying out some carpet to hide the imperfections. Replace panels like the fenders, hood, and hatch with lighter carbon fiber equivalents. Replace wheels with lightweight wheels and couple them with good racing tires that will give you great acceleration. I'd suggest keeping the spare tire in case you get a flat, but some persons do remove these. Try not to equip a sub, and if you have aftermarket sound deadening, remove it. You'd be surprised how much weight you can cut out if you really try.

Outside of weight reduction, typical mods like port and polish the TB and lightweight pulleys will help you get a little more power (although the latter example merely frees up RPMs rather than adding HP). If you're comfortable spending a lot of money, there are significant non-aspirated modifications to improve performance.
True, I took out all the seats and sit on plastic crates. The car is noticeably faster.