Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

NOISES... trunk, brakes, front, roof... whatta f...???

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default NOISES... trunk, brakes, front, roof... whatta f...???

this is unbelievable..............

i love my car.. i love the community but this noise problems is pathetic....................

ok ok ... i could have the front noise because we just changed the shocks....

BUT!!!

problem NUMERO UNO:

front strut has creaking sound

i can hear it only when i drive over on a bump

i just took off the strut bar and put it back i didnt hear anything now but i will check it tonight when its really quiet....

problem NUMERO ZWEI:

trunk has a kind a 1 big - high pitch - craking sound when i drive over a puthole ( when i go fast)

PLUS it has almost the same noise when i open the trunk ( only sometimes...)

i think i fixed this one and for all.. but i will se....

so there is a rubber thing with two screws not too far from the tails.... one of them has cracks ( like an old rubber) and i realized that thing makes the noise.. so i took a knife and cutted of a lil piece from the top part.....

i test drove it a lil bit didnt hear anything but i will see............

problem NUMERO SAN:

roof.... when i have take a turn to drive up to a driveway or something and one wheels go over on a bump while the other front is still on the ground then i can hear cracking noises from the top....... im afraid of : maybe the glass roof could blow up or something... i know what to do.. but i dont want to take apart my roof......

how much the dealership would charge me to fix that?

problem NUMERO QUATRE:

brakes... now... uh.. its hard to describe it... so... sometimes when i press the brakes or release it i can hear a sound.. this sound is a short click sound... only one short click...

here is another thing to describe it: when i pull my e-break and i try to push my car to the back i can hear some noises from the rear breaks like a creaking noises.... now my 1 short click sound is almost the same...

i took my car to the dealership and they told me i got that noise because my calipers are painted...........

wtf?

i bough the car with the blue calipers and i dont remember any noise from the brakes.. so that noise came in later on...

and the last problem is : sometimes i got some really annoying noise from the exhaust... im gonna go to the shop tomorrow.. maybe thet could fing something and fix that problem....

i will post some vid if we cant find it.....
Old 12-02-2007, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

News flash: Cheap car = lots of rattles. I have about 4 or 5 different noise problems right now. As soon as I have a free afternoon, I'm going to attack the trunk area with foam tape. That should fix at least one or two of the problems. Foam is your friend. I think I have most of the same problems as you, except for the one about the brakes.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ohh.. ooh and the clutch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have the frikkin' squeaking noise..
Old 12-02-2007, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so this is what i did:

on the first pic u can see how it was:

and on this one u can see the cracks and the part which is removed by a kitchen knife:D

and here is another thing... interior noises.... the center console is squeaking.... so... i just took some silicone i put some here:

the silicone is not dry yet so ill post the results later on..
Old 12-02-2007, 10:25 PM
SL Member

I had a little rattle from the dash, it was comming from the radio, so unbolted and slid some foam tape between the brackets and mounts then screwed it back.... problem solved.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i got a dvd screen there.. so..
Old 12-03-2007, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn.. i always forgot something... so... i got the roof, trunk, center console, breaks, front strut AND the wheel has a funny noise too.. when i break i hear like a woop wooooop wooooooop wooooooooooooooop.. slower im going the sound slows down to.... wheel axle? wheel hub??? i dont know.. toyota said its just my new tires..............................

toyota always makes fun of this.... its just becaise its painted.. its just your tires... blablabla..
Old 12-03-2007, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
Scikotics
SL Member

you need to tell them to give you proof that the painted calipers are causing problems....the cant tell you nothin unless the prove it.

do you not ever have any music on or what?
Old 12-03-2007, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

well my car was repaired from a front end collision i bought it like that, so i was hearing some noises and i thought it was due to the repairs not being done properly but after hearing this it made me think twice, here are my noises:

1. sometimes when i release the clutch i hear some squeaking noises
2. when i go over a bump or a put hole i also hear some kind of squeaking noises
3. when i'm coming to a stop at a red light as i'm about to stop i can hear the rear brakes making some noises too

so is this normal or was it due to the accident??
Old 12-03-2007, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My car makes about 6 different noises when I go over bumps. The most alarming are the creaks and squeaks from the roof and the hatch. The rest of my noises are just interior rattles.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jiggaman
you need to tell them to give you proof that the painted calipers are causing problems....the cant tell you nothin unless the prove it.

i dont listen music too much times... i dont really like hip hop, rap, etc... im a "techno" guy...
Old 12-03-2007, 10:54 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by CSOCSO

i dont listen music too much times... i dont really like hip hop, rap, etc... im a "techno" guy...
SWEET!!! we need more people like you! too many people dissing on techno these days.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aRucard
well my car was repaired from a front end collision i bought it like that, so i was hearing some noises and i thought it was due to the repairs not being done properly but after hearing this it made me think twice, here are my noises:

1. sometimes when i release the clutch i hear some squeaking noises
2. when i go over a bump or a put hole i also hear some kind of squeaking noises
3. when i'm coming to a stop at a red light as i'm about to stop i can hear the rear brakes making some noises too

so is this normal or was it due to the accident??
yeah.. i got the clutch noise too... its not because ot the collision... take it to the dealership and ask them to fix it.. (pu grease on it ?)

about the other noises they are coming from the front? you should check the strut nuts.. take the nuts off.. clean them.. clen the top of the struts and put it back...

about the brake noise... what noise u have?? the same what i have or a long squeaking noise? if long squeaking noise then u just have to replace your brake pads...
Old 12-03-2007, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by slicktrick
Originally Posted by CSOCSO

SWEET!!! we need more people like you! too many people dissing on techno these days.

well... i like trance..... german style techno is just too hard for me:D but sometimes i can listen to it.. westbam rulez:D

whoops... now we got the same pic in the signature :D:D:D: sorry!
Old 12-03-2007, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RodC
My car makes about 6 different noises when I go over bumps. The most alarming are the creaks and squeaks from the roof and the hatch. The rest of my noises are just interior rattles.

describe it pls!!!!!

about the interior noise.. they are coming from the center console??? ( radio and ac control?? )

if yes.. buy some clear silicone and do the same fixing what i did... plus pm me because i did something exta what i didnt show here..
Old 12-03-2007, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh and btw about my noises:
i fixed the front strut noise... i fixed the hatch noise but i still here something really quiet niose from there ( maybe i should cut out a bigger piece...)
i get rid of the muffler noise ( a bold was loose...)
i almost completely fixed the interior center consol noise

my ride is much better now... only have the roof, brake and clutch noise..

my glass roof is the noisiest when i open the rear part only....
Old 12-03-2007, 11:06 PM
SL Member

Heh wow didnt noticed that you just put that in your sig. no its not my sig i just decided to post it on it since we were talking about techno.

I personally love Plastikman.. he created some really sick music.

Sorry i couldnt help you with this one. Im hard of hearing so i dont really can detect any rattle in my previous car. sorry ddue.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by slicktrick
Heh wow didnt noticed that you just put that in your sig. no its not my sig i just decided to post it on it since we were talking about techno.

I personally love Plastikman.. he created some really sick music.

Sorry i couldnt help you with this one. Im hard of hearing so i dont really can detect any rattle in my previous car. sorry ddue.

ok... and where is your pic now?
Old 12-03-2007, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The tC has more creaks, rattles, and squeeks than my integra. Drives my crazy sometimes. But I just bump the music. Yea Techno, Trance, Progressive is all i listen to. Any one going to L.A. for NYE?? Sasha & Digweed I do like R&B and rock also. They have a DIY for getting rid of the dash squeeking.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"They have a DIY for getting rid of the dash squeeking."

who?? sasha and digweed?

i got my DIY in my first post... i just had to put some silicone in there... but i would love to some some other/ different DIY about this...

oh and btw about the music... Winter Music Conference is coming soon :D:D:D:D:D:D:D thats a week what no one should skip....

Quick Reply: NOISES... trunk, brakes, front, roof... whatta f...???