Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

OEM effects kit, bumper question

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 08:00 AM
5 Year Member

Default OEM effects kit, bumper question

wife got hit in the tc and only about 25% of the rear bumper remains....

i have been looking at the ground effects kit (trd?) that scion offers as an option and am curious if anyone knows if it is just stuff you add on to the stock bumper or is it a complete fascia that would serve our purpose?

can't get a good answer from our dealer....and don't want to go with a ground effects kit just yet....but the trd rear bumper is not too out there that it wouldn't match the rest of the car....

thanks for any info.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:56 AM
Banned
SL Member

nah dude they modify the rear bumper to put it on. It's actually a lip kit, meaning they cut the stock bumper, then apply the ground effects kit to it, and put a nice little grey strip along the seam where the cut was. Meaning you'd essentially have to purchase a new rear bumper, plus the ground effects lip kit too. Ain't worth it if you ask me man, not unless you're gonna spring for the whole kit. The sideskirts on the other hand, are just replacements for the stock ones. Hope this helps, btw the kit looks absolutely sick with the TRD drop, or any drop for that matter, I think it's subtle enough to just look clean and aggressive, without going over the top. Perfect look in my mind.