2005-2010 [ANT10]

Oklahoma Winter Wonderland Pics + SD630 + Rebel Xti

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

My SD100 has been a trooper also! The battery has bit the dust though. After being fully charged on the stand. I put the batt in to the camera and turn it on to be welcomed to a low batt warning.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Wow, I would love to upgrade to an camera like that, how much did the camera cost you? If you don't mind me asking
Old 01-15-2007, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Camera was about $220 shipped with tax at dell.com. They were having a sale on it. I bought it back in late Nov and saved it as a Christmas present for my dad.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

And sd630 is a bit over $300 unless you hit a sale at best buy. So not terrible for point a shoot with a lot of features.

My battery is almost gone on the 200 as well. It will still take about 30 - 40 pics though on a full charge.. compared to 150 or so when I got it, but it was declining fast.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wow.. great deal on yours! I think mine was about $270 on sale at BB in November.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

It was a very good deal that lasted only a few hours. I see them come around all the time on slickdeals.net.

By the way dave, how difficult is it to change my deck leds? I can't tell because the DIY for the deck has dead links for the picture.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

WTF? i bought my SD600 for $325 at CC in April. Yall need to check out the SD900. Man that this is slick. The full zoom takes some sweet clear pics! Im still for it. I told my parents and GF that i want that for my bday in march and ill sell my current SD600 plus throw in another $100 on top of it.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Slickdeals.net is your friend Yanki! The SD900 looks very slick! The specs are ridiculous. I really want a rebel for my next camera. Screw these pansy P+S cameras.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think my dads going to upgrade from a regular P+S to the Nikon D50 DSLR ... so hopefully he does so i can take some REALLY CLEAR PICS haha ... oh yeah nice pics ...
Old 01-15-2007, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

SD630:

VS

Rebel XTi

Old 01-16-2007, 09:39 AM
5 Year Member

Nice photos and I too have been stuck inside getting cabin fever here in Edmond, OK. The sleet/snow has become rock hard that it is impossible to get around in the tC. Yeah for Ice Storms! Did you guys get hit pretty bad?
Old 01-16-2007, 10:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

We pretty much got dominated. I took the tC out and going over the 5 inch ledge of ice to exit my garage was excruciating. I definately scraped my frame rails with my hotchkis drop.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by all4degame
We pretty much got dominated. I took the tC out and going over the 5 inch ledge of ice to exit my garage was excruciating. I definately scraped my frame rails with my hotchkis drop.
My dad was telling me that the news said Edmond was 250ft from getting one hell of an ice storm. He said they showed some footage of how a tower was covered with ice at the top.

I was driving on the turnpike today and looked up at a communication tower to the side of the road and sure enough it was iced to hell at the top. It was odd how the ice just stopped about 250ft up.

I guess I might contribute with some photos of my own now. http://www.flickr.com/photos/sp4rky/...7594356919997/

I use a Canon EOS D30
Old 01-17-2007, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

It was a very good deal that lasted only a few hours. I see them come around all the time on slickdeals.net.

By the way dave, how difficult is it to change my deck leds? I can't tell because the DIY for the deck has dead links for the picture.
It isnt terrible, but kind of a pain because the leds are about 1/3rd the size of the ones used in the gauges and HU so pretty small.

I was worried to death for my mom until I finally heard from her today. She lives in Grove, OK. She went without power from Friday until Tuesday before she finally went to stay somewhere else where some other women were staying (in an office) to keep warm. She "didnt want to worry me" by calling.. then her phone went out. If she would have just called, I could have set her up in a hotel, ordered her food if she needed, etc using my cell... I kept telling her that just because I dont live down there doesnt mean I cant help But moms are moms I guess... she would kill me if I were in that predicament and didnt call! But she is ok now and her power came back on this morning. She said every tree around where she lives is either a stick (no branches) or lying on the ground. The whole area is declared a disaster area right now. Just under the PSO power company they had around 22,000 people without power througout a lot of it. OG&E had a ton as well down in your neck of the woods. Crazy stuff for sure!
Old 01-17-2007, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Good to know your mom is alright! I heard its AWEFUL in Grove. I haven't been in school the entire week. I'm beginning to wonder if school is EVER going to start again. lol Someone buy be a freaking flame thrower for my birthday, i'm getting tired of this ice!
Old 01-17-2007, 10:44 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

nice pics, nice house....

but Cali has nice weather.

Just depends on what you want, so not all of us are jealous. But I love the architecture (?sp).
Old 01-17-2007, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Nice place, Im stuck in Oklahoma too. My school has me drive in, and then they cancel class. Im ____ed.

Have to say though, being from Montana, yall are a little weak out here, this is the way it is for 4-5 months out of the year and there are no school closings, ect. Why do you buy a 4x2 truck.

Either way, my FWD Tc powers through no problem, just be patient.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ But montana plans for that type of weather . Trust me, I moved from OK to MN, so it is a huge difference in the winter, but MN invests in measures to deal with it, while it doesnt pay for states like OK to since they would hardly use most of it. I work in technical/IT project management, but the business unit I work in works in deicing (on a national scale), so I know way more than I care to about how all that works Other than work and play, a 4X4 in most of OK is as useless as one is in CA.

But, let about 15 tornados ram down a populated part of montanna in one evening (not to mention doing it all spring) and they will be the weak ones :D Hell, people here in MN cry when 1 F1 touches down for 15 sec... when I havent seen what I consider even a real thunderstorm here in the 3 years I have lived here

And let us have an earthquake and we would freak..... so it all depends on what the area is built for.

I also used to think I couldnt wait to get out of OK... but after leaving I see all the things I took for granted. Affordable housing for one :D But I miss being able to drive a half hour in any direction and find cool places to ride my dirt bike or go off roading, miss being able to drive 2 hours and camp in the middle of the Ozarks, miss the hardcore storms... and believe it or not.. miss the weeks of 100 degree weather in the summer But I like it here as well.. so I guess you get used to a lot.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:57 PM
Banned
SL Member

Settings were ISO 100, no flash, 10 second delay, 6-8sec shutter speed, and thats all I can remember. Tripod too
What setting for the house shots? Nightime setting?

What about the picture of the book open...what setting?
Old 01-31-2007, 08:30 PM

My house in Jersey is half of that and was 650k. My dad's house in Mil Basin is worth an estimate 3 mil and its not even big.

Quick Reply: Oklahoma Winter Wonderland Pics + SD630 + Rebel Xti