Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Online Car Modder

Old 04-11-2012, 01:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Online Car Modder

Has anyone else seen DUBMODDER? it's a site for the vw guys to be able to visualize different parts on their car. i have a friend who is thinking about setting one up for the scion community. i just wanted to test the waters and see if anyone is open to using a site like that. if youve never checked out dubmodder, you should do so before you post.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ Above link: http://www.dubmodder.com

Dubmodder is a great visual site that is very dependent on FLASH. If you have the experience coding a rich media site like that (which takes a lot of work), then go for it! I'm sure Scion fans everywhere would greatly appreciate it!

I used to run a very successful Legend of Zelda Web site way back in the day when I was in high school. That was a lot of work running it by myself because I hand-coded everything. That was back before XHTML in the days where PHP, Javascript, CSS, and ASP were prevalent. So if you're up for the challenge, take it and roll with it!
Old 04-11-2012, 12:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

definitely a cool idea. personally, i wouldnt pay for it like the dub site, but it would be cool to be able to see it before you do it.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scion scene is kind of dead compared to VW's, Evo's, Subaru's, etc. If its simply a way to explore what said person could create, sure it COULD be worth it.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The scion scene isn't as dead as people might think. Just nobody gets on the forums anymore because people got tired of the trash talking. I did for a long time. When the fr-a hits dealer's showrooms, this scene will explode.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scion is such a dead scene that spicy doesn't even own a scion and still comes on this forum to troll and pester other people...

And I would never pay for this type of service. You can almost search for any part on a similar car.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i agree that paying for that is pretty foolish. like it was said before, almost every mod is on some car somewhere, a little research usually yields the results you want.

i also think the fr-s is going to be huge for the scion scene. it's going to bring a ton of new people for the fr-s, and more people that couldnt afford the fr-s and bought a tc instead. going to be an interesting few years coming up
Old 04-16-2012, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree. I never said we were gonna charge for it guys. I forgot that dubmodder makes you pay. We're doing this just cause we love the scion community. I absolutely love the fact that like the vw community, it accepts everyone for what they are, enthusiasts. Whether you are a performance guy, or a hellaflush guy, or somebody who loves body kits and neons. The scion community, in general, don't hate on someone just cause they don't like what the other person does.

Now that being said, we are simply doing it for the community.

Btw, sorry for the rant.