Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Ordering a 2006 tC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by baysurfer
Hey Shadowhawk, where'd you order your 2006 tC from? Fremont Toyota?

I'll be ordering a Nautical Blue soon but I'd like to get more info on the 06 changes before I put my money down...
baysurfer, the only dealer I found who, basically, I think, who was willing to accept my money for a deposit, and who seemed to know that, yes, i fact, the 06s *are* going into production in May was Capitol Toyota in... I want to say, San Jose.

Even so, he doesn't know anything about when it might come in, and it sounds like he doesn't even know for sure whether his order will be acted on. or something like that.

So basically, I found someone who was willing to take my money...

:D
Old 05-27-2005, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i live in east coast. gg, i talked 2 my scion dealer, he said they won't be gettin it till another 3 months i can't wait that long i need the car with in 2.5 months and i need at least a month ahead of time :T i guess i'll wait till july 1st/2nd week before i order mines :T but that's too long T__T
Old 05-27-2005, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

It makes sense that the '06s will be arriving in June since the '05s arrived last June.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by shadowhawk
Originally Posted by baysurfer
Hey Shadowhawk, where'd you order your 2006 tC from? Fremont Toyota?

I'll be ordering a Nautical Blue soon but I'd like to get more info on the 06 changes before I put my money down...
baysurfer, the only dealer I found who, basically, I think, who was willing to accept my money for a deposit, and who seemed to know that, yes, i fact, the 06s *are* going into production in May was Capitol Toyota in... I want to say, San Jose.

Even so, he doesn't know anything about when it might come in, and it sounds like he doesn't even know for sure whether his order will be acted on. or something like that.

So basically, I found someone who was willing to take my money...

:D
Dude, I'd be careful with Capitol Toyota. I went there a few months ago to look at an 05 and the salespeople were total sharks. I told the guy I wanted the car completely STOCK and he told me that he wouldn't be able to sell a tC to me unless I added 2 options - total BS! I haven't heard many good things about them since then...

You might want to try Piercey Toyota in downtown SJ. They usually get the biggest allocation of tC's in the South Bay and they don't require a deposit until you pick up the car. That's where I'll be buying my 06.

If you want more info, just PM me.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

went to a dealer in san diego with a white tC and 3 red ones on the lot and told me that it would take 4 weeks for a 2006 to arrive if i were to order it now. it'd be $200 more as specified in the other threads and he said that the auto would still be 4-speed.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

If the auto is in fact still 4 speed I wont be disappointed that I got the 05.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Credibility: I'm still a Scion Manager of Motorcars Scion in Cleveland Heights OH for two more days. I'm moving to NC in late July so I wanted to give myself some time off so I'm workin until 5/31.

I put in an order for an 2006 Scion tC with side airbags, body kit, and the iPod dock stereo upgrade. The dealership in NC had no idea when they were putting in orders for 06's even though my dealership already has 06s on the way from Japan as of 5/26. He also didn't know about any of the changes for 06 but he believed me and said he would put in an order as soon as he could.

When dealerships are receiving 06s depends on the region the dealership is in. Naturally, each region wants to time the 06 release so that they arrive when the 05s supply is running out. As stated previously, the 06s will be $200 more. IF a dealership is having trouble getting rid of their old 05s when the 06s arrive, it is in their power to lower the prices on 05s as long as they lower the prices of ALL 05s and make that price available to EVERYONE. I'm not saying your dealership will, but under the Scion Covenant, they can.

If you were a sketchy dealership and had some 05s on a the ground and bunch of 06s coming, wouldn't you tell customers that didn't know any better that the 06s are coming in September? Catch my drift?

Hopefully my car is waiting for me in NC when I get there. I'll keep you posted.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCAV8R
If the auto is in fact still 4 speed I wont be disappointed that I got the 05.
I was not told the transmission was any different. Although that's not a 100% guarantee that it's not a 5-speed, I hope you can sleep better.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:34 AM
5 Year Member

mushrew...where did you order your 2006 TC?? I've been calling all over San Diego (slight exageration) trying to get a fix on when they're coming in and if I can order one. But keep getting people trying to sell me a '05. I really, really want now!! What kind of mods are you planning on getting?
Old 05-31-2005, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ke-xin
mushrew...where did you order your 2006 TC?? I've been calling all over San Diego (slight exageration) trying to get a fix on when they're coming in and if I can order one. But keep getting people trying to sell me a '05. I really, really want now!! What kind of mods are you planning on getting?
haven't ordered it yet, my parents will once i'm done with school and am back home which is in 2 weeks (yay finishing first year of college!)

kearny mesa toyota/scion was the one whom told me i could order a 2006 now and have it in 4 weeks, but they sold their test-drive car that day and wouldn't let me try out either one of 3 release 1.0 tc's they had. the next day i went to poway toyota and i was able to test drive a release 1.0 but the salesman told me the 2006 wouldn't be out until next year though i could still put down a deposit for a tC but according to him it'd still be an '05. I don't think the kearny guy was BSing me though because 1) he had no reason to and 2) he knew everything about the '06 release while the poway guy knew absolutely nothing (or claimed so.)

i'm looking to get an auto BSP with the auto dimming mirrors, getting a few things like the floor mats and mud guards online and installing them myself. going to hardwire my x50 radar detector and spend my own $ on suspension mods.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I tried running the paint code for Nautical Blue but there isn't an exact photo, and i'm not so sure its the same color as the mr2 or the 4 runner

8s6
http://www.sherwin-automotive.com/fo...car_detail.cfm
Old 05-31-2005, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What the crap!? THis is driving me nuts. Honestly I think some dealers are just flat out lying. I finally gave up on Fremont Toyota because I just cannot get in touch with them and moved to the Hayward lot. I talked to a guy that I did not like very much but he SEEMED like he was at least on the level. If he is just willing to talk with me, and we can get the ball rolling I will buy from him.

Anyway, he claims that there are NO Scion 06's in our US of A. And there will not be for some time now. I told him about the fact that someone here says that they have an 06 on the way and it is in port right now. He said that ether the board member is lying (or misinformed) or his dealer is lying (or misinformed). So I dunno.

Honestly I am more interested in any other little bugs they found in the car. I was excited about the new stereo controls on the wheel, but I do not even care about that as much any more ether. At this point, I will jyst be haoppy with an 05 Scion as long as it has the exact options that I want on it and none of the options that I do not want on it.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I live in Fremont. I gave up on Fremont Toyota, 'cause they never called me back or responded to my questions. I requested quotes through a few of the online car quote sites, and got responses from a few other scion dealerships. Of those, Capitol Toyota, Hayward Toyota, and Walnut Creek Toyota each had a guy respond who seemed at least open to the idea about the 2006s and most are in a "I'll call you when I know more" mode. The guy at Capitol was wiling to take my money, as I reported above, but he still doesn't seem to have any good news for me beyond that (he, too, is in "I'll call you when I hear anything" mode...and he hasn't called me.)

I've sent each of them the URLs for the relevant 2006 threads here, as well as the Scion press release about pricing and availability.

That last bit I sent out today.

Still no word, but at least I feel like I'm doing something.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I live in Fremont. I gave up on Fremont Toyota, 'cause they never called me back or responded to my questions. I requested quotes through a few of the online car quote sites, and got responses from a few other scion dealerships. Of those, Capitol Toyota, Hayward Toyota, and Walnut Creek Toyota each had a guy respond who seemed at least open to the idea about the 2006s and most are in a "I'll call you when I know more" mode. The guy at Capitol was wiling to take my money, as I reported above, but he still doesn't seem to have any good news for me beyond that (he, too, is in "I'll call you when I hear anything" mode...and he hasn't called me.)

I've sent each of them the URLs for the relevant 2006 threads here, as well as the Scion press release about pricing and availability.

That last bit I sent out today.

Still no word, but at least I feel like I'm doing something.
Scion (at least here in the Denver Region) releases dealer allocations tomorrow or Thursday, so we'll know how many 06s we can expect over the next month and if 05s have been phased out completely. Meanwhile, I have no word still on whether a 5-speed auto will debut, so I would expect the carryover transmission to continue into 2006. We'll get our first 06 in Nautical Blue next week sometime ( ) and I'll be sure to post pics of the car.

Casey
Old 06-01-2005, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

checkout scion's website: price and colors have now changed for the scion tc officially.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by yaron_usa
checkout scion's website: price and colors have now changed for the scion tc officially.
dammit i looked at it bout an hour ago and didnt even notice the price change... i thought it was the same as last years
Old 06-01-2005, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hm. configurator seems kinda broken... the pricing seems to be the 2006 pricing, and the new colors are listed, but...
1) the 2 new colors don't seem to work (the high-bandwidth plugin graphic doesn't recolor to the new colors)
2) none of the other tabs (Exterior, interior, etc.) seem to offer any choices; they stay blank.

hm, probably just bugs that'll go away soon... still steps in the right direction, baby!
Old 06-01-2005, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Added some related threads/link to the first post

I just added some links to more related threads and one to the official Scion press release (their own site) to the first post in this thread:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=802144#802144
Old 06-01-2005, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

hm. configurator seems kinda broken... the pricing seems to be the 2006 pricing, and the new colors are listed, but...
1) the 2 new colors don't seem to work (the high-bandwidth plugin graphic doesn't recolor to the new colors)
2) none of the other tabs (Exterior, interior, etc.) seem to offer any choices; they stay blank.

hm, probably just bugs that'll go away soon... still steps in the right direction, baby!
they all work for me... the blue looks like the other blue, or maybe i'm blind

the IPOD option is there under sound systems... the face plate for the IPOD option has 3 dials, including volume, and the regular faceplate has only one dial, for the volume ...here's the text for it

iPod Capability $260

For your listening pleasure, we've installed in every tC this 160 watt maximum power Pioneer Stereo with 6 speakers (including 2 tweeters), a 10 color change display, built in Digital Sound Processing (DSP) Sound Equalization, Scion Sound Processing (SSP), satellite radio controls, a MP3 reader with file text display (that's up to 10 hours of playback on one disc) and a universal connector for your MP3 player (you must use your MP3 player’s interface to navigate and play your collection).

Our SSP is a digital sound processing feature that offers three settings: SSP Neutral keeps the music in the background. SSP Hear enhances the sounds with crisp highs and lows. SSP Feel goes all the way, utilizing a sound curve that lets passengers not only hear the music, but feel it, too.

In addition, Pioneer has developed a receiver that easily connects to and navigates through your **iPod. In addition to the standard AM/FM/CD capabilities, this new accessory allows you to safely browse your collection of MP3s without using the iPod interface – just plug it in and let the receiver do the rest. This deck is also compatible with all other MP3 players.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:57 AM
5 Year Member

The colors don't work for me either . . . like a lot of other options on Scion's site. Why don't they wait until the bugs are fixed to put up the revised site?

Quick Reply: Ordering a 2006 tC?