2005-2010 [ANT10]

parting with the tC

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default parting with the tC

so ive had this tc for less than 3 months. and im parting with it. im planning on selling it. does anyone know how much a tc would sell for with less than 1500 miles? thanks
Old 11-02-2005, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Resale on tC's is excellent. Depending on demand in your area, you should get around $15K - $16K for it. Just out of curiousity, why are you selling it?
Old 11-02-2005, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just really dislike the car right now. its not even the car i wanted. but hey parents paid for it. but were selling it.. i think it was a total waste of money if you ask me. i mean dont get me wrong i was in love with the car but i guess i just started to dislike it.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to hear, I guess it just isn't for everyone.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What do you hate about it?
Old 11-02-2005, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

In other words, dadddy bought you a new toy and you're bored with it so you want a new toy? Perhaps the shiney new Civic always on TV?
Old 11-02-2005, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no. im not a honda man. id rather go with a vw. i wanted a gti to start with. i guess we didnt have enough money to buy it at first so the tc was my parents choice. i guess you can say im bored with it. i dont really hate it, dont get me wrong its probably not the car. maybe its me. but i guess its just not my style anymore.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HughDTX
In other words, dadddy bought you a new toy and you're bored with it so you want a new toy? Perhaps the shiney new Civic always on TV?
or something that powers the rear wheels...

<--selling his to some unlucky sap this xmas break
Old 11-02-2005, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by roflitzjinno
no. im not a honda man. id rather go with a vw. i wanted a gti to start with. i guess we didnt have enough money to buy it at first so the tc was my parents choice. i guess you can say im bored with it. i dont really hate it, dont get me wrong its probably not the car. maybe its me. but i guess its just not my style anymore.
I had a VW.....yeah well it was a jetta though. A 1.8t, which I love the car, but the reliability just wasn't there. I owned it for 17 months and had 16 service tags on file for it. Although it was used no lemon laws could be applied. The cars are great except I believe I would go with the vr6 instead of the turbo. Just TOO many problems. I have owned my tC for 2 weeks. I enjoy it so far, but there's a lot of things that I miss from the volkswagen, but not the check engine lights, blown mafs, o2 sensors, coil packs, failing door sensors (interior light), and the rough starts with hasitant idles. If you decide to go with one get some kind of warranty and best of luck!
Old 11-03-2005, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just really dislike the car right now. its not even the car i wanted. but hey parents paid for it. but were selling it.. i think it was a total waste of money if you ask me. i mean dont get me wrong i was in love with the car but i guess i just started to dislike it.
wow what an ungrateful little u know what. i really can't stand these spoiled kid posts anymore. if don't want the car then your parents should make your walk to school or GET A JOB AND BUY YOUR OWN!
Old 11-03-2005, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The TC was my first choice when i was trading in my 01 Celica. But I had to buy what I could afford and I settled on an XB! The TC is an excellent car especially for a kid who is young enough that your parents are buying a car for you. Dude my parents have money but I still got an 89 Tempo with 120,000 miles to tear up then i bought my own from there. I would keep the car and be grateful then if you want something else later trade it and pay the payments yourself.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by mxyzptlk
wow what an ungrateful little u know what. i really can't stand these spoiled kid posts anymore. if don't want the car then your parents should make your walk to school or GET A JOB AND BUY YOUR OWN!
Old 11-03-2005, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

When they have too spend $$ each month for car payments and insurance they shall change their tune...
Old 11-03-2005, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

HAHAHA!
Old 11-03-2005, 02:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you have alot of restraint my friend, I was uttering all sorts of cusswords when i read why he was selling his tC
Old 11-03-2005, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is like my girlfriend's younger sister being ____ed because she wants a Sony PSP AND an iPod, and she's only getting a PSP! Man, I'd be happy with just the PSP.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmmm... *Watches Post*
Old 11-03-2005, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Some of us were grateful to be able to use our parents' cars when we were 16. I didn't have a car of my own till after college.

Kids like this are in for a shock when they're finally on their own and actually have to work for their stuff. Those parents are idiots for putting up with this kind of nonsense. They should sell the car and buy the kid a bicycle. A used one, with no suspension. Preferably the 3-speed kind that you see people in third-world countries riding.

--mark
Old 11-03-2005, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree. I didn't have a car until I got out of college. I had to work to make the payments. Tell this story to the Car Lounge people at VW Vortex and they won't be so kind to this kid.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member

If you want to know the resale value of your car, you can go to a library or a book store and look up resale value from one of those blue books. You can also try edmunds.com. These will get you some ideas about what you can expect. What you'll get from a trade-in is far less than what you'll get if you sold it yourself. You can also take your car to the VW dealer and ask them. Of course they'll low-ball you but at least you'll know the starting point for negotiaion.

Having said that, if I were your parent and heard this, I would sell the car immediately, buy you the ugliest car from a used car lot and make you pay for your own insurance.

That's just me...

Quick Reply: parting with the tC