Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

pics of my car after the accident.. me=5mph moron 70+ mph

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yah we hada one of those new porshe suvs hit sorta hard in the front guy head bent the stering wheel no bags guy athat was takin it apart he tore the bumper off bang bags go off go figure hows you 90k suv
Old 04-17-2005, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by naztyTC
yah we hada one of those new porshe suvs hit sorta hard in the front guy head bent the stering wheel no bags guy athat was takin it apart he tore the bumper off bang bags go off go figure hows you 90k suv
Im sorry, that made no legible sense
Old 04-17-2005, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by utatc7218
I doubt that guy hit you at 70mph. I would be surprised if he hit you faster that 30 40 miles an hour. Your airbag didnt even deploy so it wasnt not 70 mph.
why would a airbag go off if he got rear ended? you would also be serprised on how many bags dont go off when they should and um talkin bmw merc. etc joys of working at a body shop
yea, i dont think an accident from behind will deply airbags. since in a frontal collision, your head jerks forward due to inertia. therefore airbag deploys to prevent head going into steering wheel. but from a rear collision, your head would hit the headrest. maybe bounce off it, but not towards the steering column like a normal frontal crash. only the dude in the accident could tell how it felt.

about the seats... the force hitting from behind prolly jolted the frame foward, and the seat slid off the track??? this is just BS speculation.. but i like to speculate.

i haven't had any accidents with other cars yet (knock on wood), but I have had plenty of close calls with freakin animals, both two and four legged, and winged.... i hate nature.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by epitek
Originally Posted by utatc7218
I doubt that guy hit you at 70mph. I would be surprised if he hit you faster that 30 40 miles an hour. Your airbag didnt even deploy so it wasnt not 70 mph.
why would a airbag go off if he got rear ended? you would also be serprised on how many bags dont go off when they should and um talkin bmw merc. etc joys of working at a body shop
yea, i dont think an accident from behind will deply airbags. since in a frontal collision, your head jerks forward due to inertia. therefore airbag deploys to prevent head going into steering wheel. but from a rear collision, your head would hit the headrest. maybe bounce off it, but not towards the steering column like a normal frontal crash. only the dude in the accident could tell how it felt.

about the seats... the force hitting from behind prolly jolted the frame foward, and the seat slid off the track??? this is just BS speculation.. but i like to speculate.

i haven't had any accidents with other cars yet (knock on wood), but I have had plenty of close calls with freakin animals, both two and four legged, and winged.... i hate nature.
again.. this is a unibody
Old 04-17-2005, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can not fix that car. Trust me... Besides by most insurance companies if the damages are over 60% (correct me if im wrong on the percentage) of the value of the car then they will consider it totalled.

That car will *never* be the same or anywhere near it. Do not repair it trust me.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would push to have that car totalled out itll never be the same after that amount of damage done to it.
Old 04-17-2005, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by JasonH
You could probably complain to (or more accurately, sue) Scion about the seat. It's not supposed to collapse like that when you get rear-ended. A number of car manufacturers have been sued for similar engineering defects. You might want to talk to a lawyer.
Yeah that's a great idea. I mean I can't believe that your car was damaged at all after a 70mph collision. Thats some ____ poor engineering right there. There is no excuse for building a car that isn't indestructible.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought the front air bags where only deployed wiith a fron in crash? Though I think the same thing...with the speed your car turned out in better shape than I thought. Allso what was the cat that hit you. I seen little cares tottoled and the drunks they reared ended with not even scratched.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it seems that $8k in damage would constitute a total.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

well they say my car should be done this week.. stand by for pics.. thanks for being positive and helping me out guy's