2005-2010 [ANT10]

Power Enterprise Supercharger volunteer needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

for a grand less, with full backing of Toyota on my 100,000 mile warrenty, TRD SC ... the only way to go for "safety" of the engine ... unless similar backing is provided.

btw, if your gonna make someone the "guinea pig" it should be FREE ... it takes money to make money (high school economics)
Old 10-23-2003, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

It's getting hot in here!

:twisted:
Old 10-23-2003, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member

I posted here originally just looking for someone interested in a supercharger, I guess the internet behaves in strange ways. I'll be happy to answer any questions you all have and appreciate the more positive tone this thread has taken. I think any early misunderstandings are starting to disappear.

>-First of all, you will be competing against companies like Blitz and HKS.

We sell Blitz and HKS products, as well as Power Enterprise, as well as many other companies. Monkeywrench isn't "Power Enterprise USA", we just happen to sell their products among many others. We'll sell whichever products we believe in most and are in most demand by customers. At the moment, the PE SC kit is immediately available.

>-Thirdly, You kept saying that this is not a prototype kit and it has been tested in
>Japan for many years. Then, you shouldn't be saying things like that you want
>to "test it out".

I can rephrase to say that we'd like to install one and confirm that it functions as it should and as it does on J-spec 1NZ's. Many shops would just start selling the kits and hope the customers got the kits to work right. Many others wouldn't get involved at all.

>-Lastly, about $300 difference is not worth it for anyone to drive all the say from LA
>to detroit to install an untested kit.

The $300 is only part of it. Installation can run $400+ for a kit like this, and we're offering that for free. Dyno time runs $120/hr- you get free dyno too. Dyno pulls are no harder on the car than a WOT pull through 3rd or 4th gear, and are closely monitored, so the danger level is very low. We've never had an engine break on our dyno.

>Thank you for listening to my humble opinion. I hope you won't be too much
>offended by my comments.

We're always open to others' opinions and criticism. Feel free to post or PM any time you've got something to say to us, we're happy to answer.

Regarding the comments on Japanese vs US business models, I think some interesting points are being made. It would have been nice if PE had given us a free kit for the first install. They're a small shop though, so that doesn't usually make financial sense. It's also not a kit that they've thrown together with no testing done yet. Their position is that they offer the kit to whomever wants it, regardless of their location. Being a US dealer of PE products who happens to specialize in Toyotas, we're interested in offering this products to our customers. We have a policy of only selling products we stand behind 100%, so we want to do the first install in-house. Maybe that's over cautious but that's our policy. We did the same with PE's turbo kit for the MR-S, which we installed on our shop MR2-Spyder with great results. If we were working with PE to design a SC kit for the Scion I'm sure things would work differently. In this case though, no development is taking place. Usually, if you volunteer your car for a prototype situation, your car is down for 1-2 weeks while the product is built. What we're talking about here is a simple 1-day install.

In answer to another question, yes, definitely, after installation and "confirmation" we'll stand behind the reliability of this kit. PE is a high end company that turns out top notch products. We wouldn't sell them if they didn't have a great reputation and if we didn't have great experience with their products.

Like I said before, this kit isn't for everybody. I think it's a great kit that'll offer the performance that many are looking for, so I'll wait until somebody's interested and do the install then. I still haven't seen a Scion on the street around here but I'm sure they'll start to pop up soon.

And to think, if we were in CA this thread would have only been 2 posts long
Old 10-23-2003, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

matt, you're right. if you were in california, i would have done this for sure. and i am sure a lot of others would have wanted to as well. michigan is just too far for us to go. we have lives, you know?
Old 11-04-2003, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Free install.........free dyno............great............but that's no loss on your part. Those are things you WANT to do.......because you WANT people to see the results, and buy the product.

How bout doing something you DON'T want to do. Even though this isn't a "prototype"........the person that takes this offer is still......as many people have said........a guinea pig. So.......there must be sacrifices on the part of both parties involved. Why don't you offer to pay for someone to have their car trailored to you. That way.......you get your test dummy............and the donor doesn't have to worry about driving thousands of miles for a product that's unproven on their particular vehicle. Or......I suppose you can just wait for Scions to show up in Detroit........at which point the other manufacturers who have their crap together will own the market........and PE will be out of it.........and that's one less product for you to sell. I guess it all depends on how much you think you stand to make off selling this supercharger.

KiL
Old 08-04-2004, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Matt, this is Jake (ringthree) over on NewCelica.

We know how good you guys are and we just started a new scion board, called strangely enough NewScion.org We dont have that many Scion owners over there now, but most of them are like people on NewCelica. They would be ALL over this.

This is a great opportunity that you are offering and you may even want to post this over on NewCelica to see if you get any bites over there. Chiggy knows some people in Detroit so he should be able to help you find someone.

For the rest of you, well I dont know what to say. This is a great deal, I am really shocked at the responses. You guys should check out who is making this offer before you start demanding free parts.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution

This post was from last november , I am not sure that it still stands....look at the dates of the posts. This is old!
Old 08-04-2004, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikeluvsjo
This post was from last november , I am not sure that it still stands....look at the dates of the posts. This is old!
Yeah, I noticed that sometime after I posted. :oops: Oh well... I am still surprised at some of the responses.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Hell, if the offer was for a free one and it was still on the table, i'd jump on it and i'm in the Detroit area.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by vanhate
Hell, if the offer was for a free one and it was still on the table, i'd jump on it and i'm in the Detroit area.
Yeah, the offer wasn't for a free one. That is a vey rare occurance when a manufacturer will just give away a test product.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I know it wasn't for free....just saying if it was.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by SGVside
I rather go with the blitz s/c or some other name brand kit. Screw the not-free or not 1/2 off supercharger. Got to be careful.

Area 51 Fabrications in Irvine, California blew my friends GS300 motor with their prototype supercharger and made him pay for the blown motor. I actually posted a comment on Speed Options and Area 51 couldn't say crap about blowing my friends motor, but that their other customer with the IS300 motor that was blown was satisfied with them. Can you believe Area51 actually made my friend pay? Some B.S.

Stick with the name brand and some reliable and reputable company.
I would agree errbody's comments on using there xB for a test. Nah man! PE is a good brand name from Japan. they should buy an xb and test it out to see if it will work on the xbs before selling them. I know that is the test went well, you would buy the PE s/c!
Old 08-07-2004, 05:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Who ever goes to get the SC there, make sure you don't have any plans for awhile. The guy I sold my celi and turbo kit took it there to have a stand alone installed and some tuning done. They told him two days. He waited the weekend paying for a trailer to haul the car on. Turns out it ended up being like three weeks. Once it was done though, it was awesome. They do killer work.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default PE300

I just installed one of the PE300 on my xB. It isn't that hard to do and only took about 7 hours to do. Also, saved me about $700 in labor. That labor charge was from a performance shop. They sell the PE300 for $3400.

Dave
Old 08-09-2004, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC56
Who ever goes to get the SC there, make sure you don't have any plans for awhile. The guy I sold my celi and turbo kit took it there to have a stand alone installed and some tuning done. They told him two days. He waited the weekend paying for a trailer to haul the car on. Turns out it ended up being like three weeks. Once it was done though, it was awesome. They do killer work.
Thats funny, they have done work on MR2's and Celica's very quickly. They tuned the PowerFC from the Japanese maps to US maps in just a couple of days.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Blitz kit has a problem with the automatic because it uses the Apex Power FC to replace the stock ECU.
Anyone have any insights on this?
Old 08-11-2004, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Minsk99
The Blitz kit has a problem with the automatic because it uses the Apex Power FC to replace the stock ECU.
Anyone have any insights on this?
I don't know, because Blitz offers two different xB kits on their site. One for manuals and one for autos.