Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Pure Price? This must be some kind of joke

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member

Default Pure Price? This must be some kind of joke

I am looking for my new 07 tC in super white. Since I run an internet dept. at a local dealership, I decided to use the internet to find my car. I had a little bit of a hard time trying to get it. I am being told that a 07 in white 5spd is impossible to get.

Then I got a call from one the local SoCal dealerships and they told me that they had the car incoming, would be there in a week. I asked for a discount on the car and they are giving me one.

I thought all the Scion dealers are suppose to sell these cars at sticker? Am I wrong? Should I shop around and try to get a lower price?
Old 10-12-2006, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

No, Scion is strictly Pure Pricing. I say keep your mouth shut about the dealer, take their discount, and consider yourself super lucky.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:26 AM
Banned
SL Member

they might be giving you a "discount" on the price, but they will charge you full price on all those accesories you may or may not want. and the ones you dont, you cant take them off. trust me, i know....
Old 10-12-2006, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member

actually the car doesn't have any. It is just a no option tC
Old 10-12-2006, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

[quote="2_much_tc"]they might be giving you a "discount" on the price, but they will charge you full price on all those accesories you may or may not want. and the ones you dont, you cant take them off. trust me, i know....[/quote]

no such thing as you cant. you dont have to buy anything you didnt request weather it be dealer installed or not. my dealer tried pullin this BS on me and i made them remove ALL eccesories. then in spite, i ordered a different tC with nothing on it and in a different color. 2 week wait, oh well. dont settle for crap you never asked for.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What kind of discount are they giving you?
Old 10-12-2006, 12:39 AM
5 Year Member

200 over invoice, they even faxed it to me just to show that they are telling me the truth
Old 10-12-2006, 12:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

u sure they're not selling u a spec version w/ a jacked up price? lolz ;p
Old 10-12-2006, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It can happen! I got hooked up as well!
Old 10-12-2006, 01:10 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

So what is the price they are charging you? and how much is the processing and handling and documentation fees?

They could easily be giving you a $10,000 discount just to charge you $10,000 in documentation fees.
I know it wouldnt be that extreme but I think ya get my drift on how shady they could be. And if they are truly giving you a discount, they are shady, because its against Scion policy and they could loose their right to sell. I know its good for you, but if they will be shady on Scion policy, what will they do to the customer in the future?
Once a rule breaker, always a rule breaker. And something makes me think they will screw a customer more than they will the company they are selling for.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member

I just moved out here from louisville, ky so I am still learning all of california's laws but from what I understand California has a limit of 45 doc fee (processing fee) so they cannot charge me more the $45.

I do see your point about buying it from them and then down the road they are complete a holes to me for service. Then agian, i could always buy it from them and get it serviced somewhere else. It feels like there is a scion dealership on every corner out here.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why did u leave louisville? Thats where i live.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:06 AM
5 Year Member

Really? I used to work at Bachman Vw / subaru.
I figured somebody has to live out on the beach in California so it might as well be me
Old 10-12-2006, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

So what are they telling you "invoice" is on the car? What is the total price they are charging?
Old 10-12-2006, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here's what happened for my case. the dealer will actually write you a check. it's not "discount" off the car it'self, but since they write you a check, your getting some of that money back. my dealer was willing to do that to get rid of a tC that was sitting on the lot for a while...
Old 10-12-2006, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd take the "check" or "discount" and not tell anyone about it.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:21 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

any thing that steers away from the scion's "pure pricing" is against policies and can cause the dealership to get into ALOT of trouble

they barely make enough money as it is selling them with the proper prices... they make alot of their money having salesmen persuade you to buy options.

anything that takes away from that should be reported.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:56 AM
5 Year Member

They are selling me the car for 15050. The new car dealers actually make a good bit of money on each of the cars. mark up plus their hold back is about 1300-1500 plus about another 700 bucks from the Scion for each car they sell plus what ever money they make from financing, accesories and back end products (gap, LoJack, etc). So they are probably averaging 3000-3500 per car.
I have an appointment at 11am to go and get it. Wish me luck
Old 10-12-2006, 06:05 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

well.. the salesmen i know make a few hundred off each purchase.... that's all..

nothing big or special at all.. that's why they love to tack on options cause they get more money that way.

but that price doesn't sound right at all... even the '05 tC started at $16K even.
even employees don't get discounts on the scion's set price.

i smell fish. what dealership is this?
Old 10-12-2006, 06:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Originally Posted by KYscion
They are selling me the car for 15050. The new car dealers actually make a good bit of money on each of the cars. mark up plus their hold back is about 1300-1500 plus about another 700 bucks from the Scion for each car they sell plus what ever money they make from financing, accesories and back end products (gap, LoJack, etc). So they are probably averaging 3000-3500 per car.
I have an appointment at 11am to go and get it. Wish me luck
That's not true.... Scion Salesmen only make about 100 dollars off each car sold (without accesories)... and the dealer doesn't make a ton either... they are sold SUPER low and it's widely known in the Scion community and amoung multiple and various Scion Dealerships that this is the reality...

Don't say anything about which dealer is selling you that car for that cheap, as they will DEFINATELY lose allocation as a result if they get caught, as it's absolutely punishable for any Scion/Toyota Dealer to see any new Scion under the purepricing amount...

Just a chance.... do you have a trade-in?

Quick Reply: Pure Price? This must be some kind of joke