Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

RS 5.0 TRD Release Series Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok... maybe it wasn't an 'excuse'. Maybe I'll call it their 'reason'. It was St. Patty's day 2 years ago and we
were leaving a parking lot. I noticed a ____e load of motorcycle cops in the area. As I turned onto the street,
I see 2 of them hiding out under a broken street lamp. Check my speed, I'm fine. As I pass and stop at
the signal, I notice one of them pulling out. He gets right behind me and follows for a half a block. Flicks
his lights on and pulls me over. He said he pulled me over for no front plate. I told him that I had my
front plate under my seat and could put it on. He quickly changes the question to "Have you been
drinking?" I said yes but only 2 beers in a six hour period. (The place we were out was PACKED! It
seriously took an hour to get one beer.) So I have to do all the tests. (I pass of course.) Then we have to
wait for a car to bring the breathalizer. (Shocker, I passed.) He wouldn't tell me my reading. He just gave
me my license. He didn't even write me a 'fix-it' ticket for no front plate!

After the fact, there was NO POSSIBLE WAY from his vantage point under the broken street lamp
the he could tell if I had no front plate. Bushes line the median, so you can't see the front of cars.
(Me and my gf went back and looked.) So basically FPD had someone(s) in the parking lot calling
out cars that were leaving! Nice, huh?!!
Old 05-08-2009, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

#851. manual. i had to get the spoiler.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 05-22-2009, 01:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hyghgynx
Ok... maybe it wasn't an 'excuse'. Maybe I'll call it their 'reason'. It was St. Patty's day 2 years ago and we
were leaving a parking lot. I noticed a ____e load of motorcycle cops in the area. As I turned onto the street,
I see 2 of them hiding out under a broken street lamp. Check my speed, I'm fine. As I pass and stop at
the signal, I notice one of them pulling out. He gets right behind me and follows for a half a block. Flicks
his lights on and pulls me over. He said he pulled me over for no front plate. I told him that I had my
front plate under my seat and could put it on. He quickly changes the question to "Have you been
drinking?" I said yes but only 2 beers in a six hour period. (The place we were out was PACKED! It
seriously took an hour to get one beer.) So I have to do all the tests. (I pass of course.) Then we have to
wait for a car to bring the breathalizer. (Shocker, I passed.) He wouldn't tell me my reading. He just gave
me my license. He didn't even write me a 'fix-it' ticket for no front plate!

After the fact, there was NO POSSIBLE WAY from his vantage point under the broken street lamp
the he could tell if I had no front plate. Bushes line the median, so you can't see the front of cars.
(Me and my gf went back and looked.) So basically FPD had someone(s) in the parking lot calling
out cars that were leaving! Nice, huh?!!
lol that sucks. But at least he didn't write you up for anything. How'd he know you didn't have a front license plate?
Old 05-22-2009, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GrnBrownies
lol that sucks. But at least he didn't write you up for anything. How'd he know you didn't have a front license plate?
Read this...
Originally Posted by Hyghgynx
So basically FPD had someone(s) in the parking lot calling out cars that were leaving! Nice, huh?!!
They had undercover cars in the parking lot radioing the motorcycle cops which cars were leaving. Some undercover car
saw me leaving a bar, noticed I had no front plate, then radioed the motorcycle cop to pull me over. The tried to do this before
and a judge ruled it unconstitutional. Even though they are not supposed to 'lie in wait', they still sit in parking lots and do it. The
reason why he didn't write me up was my fix-it ticket (no front plate) would have been a hell of a lot cheaper than a DUI. Obviously,
he didn't want to waste time on the paperwork for a fix-it ticket.

Sorry for the threadjack!
Old 05-25-2009, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bump! these cars are beautiful, really makes me miss my 05 ssm. how is the handling on these things??? and if that a trd exhaust or just a tip???
Old 05-25-2009, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's an axel back exhaust.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my wife and i picked up #1507 last week. added fog lights and rear bumper protector.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^ This may sound like the most idiotic thing ever..but what is the rear bumper protector? Like..what is it protecting? Whats it look like lol...im sorry.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm pretty sure it's to cover the top of the bumper when you move things in/out of the trunk. Someone can confirm this or correct me
Old 05-28-2009, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scionman09
^^^^ This may sound like the most idiotic thing ever..but what is the rear bumper protector? Like..what is it protecting? Whats it look like lol...im sorry.
its basically a piece of vinyl that covers the part of the bumper where the hatch closes. it says scion on it. basically a waste of money, but the wife wanted it and i like it since most of the dust sits there between washes.

http://www.scion.com/#tC_accessories...BumperApplique

http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...6&parts_id=403
Old 05-29-2009, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh okay lol. Looks cool. But im not to sure i that would look right on my car. But more on topic i think the RS5's are sexy. MORE PICS!
Old 06-03-2009, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here's some more pics. i tinted the tc and tinted the tails and center brake light

http://ikonxone.fotki.com/car/tc-2/rs5-02/

Old 06-03-2009, 06:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

im jealous of the RS5's steering wheel. i really love the red stitching. would complement my interior nicely.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im here!
Old 06-17-2009, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hopefully my fellow RS5 owners can answer this for me. Ok so i work for Toyota and my boy is the Scion "manager". Anyways, he released this car for me from port last Thursday. I have the VIN and have tracked whats happening with it as far as delivery etc. Now, the specs from the comp, while still at port, is showing that the car has the Pioneer NAV & few other things i forget at the moment. So my boy looks at it & says, "Wow, i didn't know the RS5 has the NAV?" etc etc. I said bro that's got to be a mistake. He said no, that the top half section we're reading is the base model. Second half is what they're installing at port and finally all the TRD mods.

I also saw 7speakers + sub. Is that standard now? I own a 06 so that's news to me
Old 06-17-2009, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am not sure I will ask around.

Does anyone else have a problem with paint chipping? I have 27 chips on the front bumper and over 15 on the hood. Chips not just in the clear but through the Paint.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol yeah, a lot of people who own scions complain about the paint chipping. It's a known problem
Old 06-17-2009, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I owned an 05 tC Silver Metallic and it didnt have half the chips this one did and I owned it for 4 years
Old 06-17-2009, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Chips would show a lot better on your black RS5 than the silver metallic

Quick Reply: RS 5.0 TRD Release Series Roll Call