2005-2010 [ANT10]

The scare of my life was tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 09:51 AM
Emo
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default The scare of my life was tonight!

So me and my buddy were bored after Denny's so we thought of the bright (and not smart) idea of doing a little burning out. He never did it in his Miata so he wanted to do it anyways...

so we go to these 2 newly built buildings by my job to have a little fun...so I got one time.. he goes a few more times.. nothing big... we had our fun.. and about to leave when he asks "do you wanna do a last one before we go" so I'm like.. ummm.. ok sure whatever...

that's when everything went wrong!!! I burn out in first fine... but for some reason it would not go into second and kept grinding! so I was like.. ok ok.. it was a bad one so let me just get outta here...

So I try to put it into first and guess what... WONT GO IN?!!! .. I try it again and same thing happened... so I'm sitting there trying to put it into first but it just wont go! After a few minutes I managed to put it in gear but as it started rolling.. it would make this HORRIBLE grinding sound! very very bad.... finally we thought of just getting outta there to the nearby 7-11 where there was more light. I had to put it in 2nd to get my car there..

When we got there.. we let my car cool off for a good 30 min and finally when I tried it again.. what do you know.. it was as good as new!!! I was sooo relieved you have no idea... It still had a very weird smell under the hood as if something burned up but maybe it's just the clutch...

So some of the more experienced people on Tranny's can tell me what happened exactly??

Thanks...
-Emo
Old 05-13-2005, 12:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that would be the smell of a roasted clutch, when you do crap like that you put a lot of heat on the clutch and it will "glaze" thats why you couldnt shift, after it cools down then its generally better. Id say your clutch is going to have a shorter life, usually when they glaze for the first time, and then you start racing and such clutch life gets shorter and shorter. If i were you i would look at your wheel wells and see if you have any tire berries left and clean them all off, if you goto the dealership with all that tire on there (asuming its there) your going to get alot of ____.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

good job.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:47 PM
Emo
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the reply...I was expecting something in the lines of "you dumbass" lol but I stand corrected

Next weekend my friend (same guy) wants me to try out AutoXing with him so it's not really racing but it'll put a lot of stress on my clutch... so we'll see...

-Emo
Old 05-13-2005, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What the hell? I've done plenty of burnouts in my car and never glazed the clutch. Where you slipping the clutch the whole time? You don't have to do that in this car to do a burnout. You can be rolling slowly in first and stomp it and the stock tires will break lose. Now if you have the Pzeros you might not be able to do that, but you shouldn't have to slip the clutch the whole time.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:25 PM
zac
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do it bro, and let me know when and where your going cause i live in maitlad and would like to go check it out too!
Old 05-13-2005, 01:36 PM
Banned
SL Member
Scion Evolution

That guy is not your friend....step away from him ASAP.

-Z
Old 05-13-2005, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont know where my minds at today. I read the first sentance and thought they were going to go smoke out.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:10 PM
zac
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by janarki
I dont know where my minds at today. I read the first sentance and thought they were going to go smoke out.

its 4:20 somewhere.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 05-13-2005, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I never understood what the excitement was of looking like a Scooby-Doo character when they see a ghost.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what is a burn out? seriously...what consists of burning out?
Old 05-13-2005, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HyperZ
I never understood what the excitement was of looking like a Scooby-Doo character when they see a ghost.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:09 PM
Emo
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zac
do it bro, and let me know when and where your going cause i live in maitlad and would like to go check it out too!
That'll be cool if you wanna go with us... I've never gone myself so I have no idea how it's like but I know it's somewhere in Devary.... as a non member the fee to run is 25 bucks... and you get about 3-4 runs for the day... plus whatever time we have for "fun runs" that don't count...

It'll be next Sunday (may 22nd) so if youre interested, just drop me a PM and we can meet somewhere...

-Emo