Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Scion tC RS2.0 Official Package

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 05:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They made 17"s so it would reduce cost AND make them a little lighter while allowing for me to upgrade to 19"s quicker.

There is no battery tie down, no oil cap, or TRD srut bar. So? A lot of people want to get the a different strut bar (I want DC Sports) and some relocate the battery.

Instead of regular seats with red in the middle it has Alcantara.

With that color blue, black just doesn't go as well as stainless steel or satin so the grill and wheels are a good match.

Everything else is pretty much the same. People want these cars to customize. Scion made it so I wont have a useless strut bar, battery tie down, and I get the "suede" seats I love and can get my 19"s quicker because they used 17"s instead. So this is weak?

The only thing I can see as being weak is the 6" 35Watt sub. I like that it is hidden but damn, should have put a 10" under the dash or something. (which is what I want to do eventually)

Its good extras for the money and I will buy one.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm lovin' it!

Can't wait to get mine...happy about the rims too.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Just a thought, but a lot of RS1 guys are saying "this car is lame" etc.
I think it is as good as the RS1 just different ( the personal pizza sub is hellaweak ) but if it was the same as the RS1 just a different color then they would complain about that too.
God knows what would happen if it had a supercharger on it as well.
The interior sold me on it but like ive said I was buying a new tC anyway, I really like the new rims and I dont mind that they are 17's as this will save cost on new rubber and not detract from the acceleration.

I doubt Scion will be left with any extra ones that werent sold.

YOU'LL SEEE!!!!!! YOU'LLL ALLL SEEEE!!!!!lol
Old 03-28-2006, 01:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I do think they should have done more to it... but I like the color, would like to see it in person.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this tC doesnt seem to have all the glamor and hype as the rs1 did. Im not that impressed with the package that the rs2 includes. minus the sporty seats I would need some more pics before i jump the gun on likes/dislikes
Old 03-28-2006, 02:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Tuners

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...asc&highlight=

Old 03-28-2006, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Still no shot of the grills
Old 03-28-2006, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Celt
Just a thought, but a lot of RS1 guys are saying "this car is lame" etc.
I think it is as good as the RS1 just different ( the personal pizza sub is hellaweak ) but if it was the same as the RS1 just a different color then they would complain about that too.
God knows what would happen if it had a supercharger on it as well.
The interior sold me on it but like ive said I was buying a new tC anyway, I really like the new rims and I dont mind that they are 17's as this will save cost on new rubber and not detract from the acceleration.

I doubt Scion will be left with any extra ones that werent sold.

YOU'LL SEEE!!!!!! YOU'LLL ALLL SEEEE!!!!!lol
oh i have no doubts it will sell like crazy. even the regular tCs have trouble staying on the lots! lol.

but anyway, i say its lame because other than the interior, its really nothing special about it. and no one has even seen the interior anyway. the RS1 was special because if you look at the entire color choice for tCs, its all mute or dark colors. blues, greys, and burgandy. i love red and i love red cars, thats why the RS1 stood out to me. if the tC was not offered in red, i wouldnt be driving one. but thats not the only reason to like it. it stands out. its bright and saturated; a big change from the entire color selection available for our cars. this blue one... well, theres already 3 shades of blue available spanning light to dark; metallic and non. following the RS1, with boring features and a lame half-assed color is one thing, but following the xA and xB release series cars, and all the stuff they have on them, this new RS is a joke. this Boring Blue will sell, but i can guarentee many people would wish it was another color or had more stuff on it (or at least more interesting stuff: TRD exhaust, color matched pedals/shift ****, dvd/nav system.. iduno.)
Old 03-28-2006, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

well, cfusionpm.
You make a fair point, the red RS1 is a real stand alone car.the muted tones of the rest of the range really make the RS1 leap out. I definately would have bought an RS1 but I had only had my fmic a few months at that point and I see one locally every now and then with ground effects and it looks fantastic.

I just think a lot of people had unrealistic hopes for the supercharger and TRD shocks etc. If they wont finance the supercharger why would they add it to a limited edition that you couldnt get through toyota finance.

That said I think the blue color of the RS2 will be like the fmic color. What I mean is it will be much better in the flesh ( or paint if you will). also the interior is a big seller for me as the black on my seats is a funny mass of unusual swirls and fades, as is a lot of peoples tCs.

I think its harsh to say its lame,BUT you are totally right when you say people will upgrade them.

I ordered one with ground effects, better tires,pedestal spoiler and door sill plates, to which I am adding my Umnitza intake,custom piping, Dr Isotope radiator plate, TRD exhaust,stub antenna and a tint to it. I think it should look pretty good after that.

The RS 2.0 is a good starting point..............as are all Scions
Old 03-28-2006, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

TANTALIZEDMIND your avatar never gets less funny no matter how many times I see it
Old 03-28-2006, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by Celt
TANTALIZEDMIND your avatar never gets less funny no matter how many times I see it
Haha. Thanks. I aim to please, just like Toyota in the avatar. ;)
Old 03-28-2006, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member

i agree w/ celt all the way.... but holy ____ if your gunna put that much money into your tc... i really hate to say it.... but your better off buying a brand new civic si which comes w/ more hp and WAY more features....... its sad that a gd civic is beating out the once great tc
Old 03-28-2006, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kboro21
...but your better off buying a brand new civic si...
I cringed when I read that, but it's true.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I want one!
Old 03-28-2006, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MJVsTC
Originally Posted by kboro21
...but your better off buying a brand new civic si...
I cringed when I read that, but it's true.
had the 06 Si been available early summer 05 (when i got my RS1), i'd be driving a red Si today.

having said that though, for the money, i absolutely love my car and will keep it for at least a few years before moving on again.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I nearly bought an Si but they just don't look as good inside or out as the tC.Great performer but kinda fugly and the dash layout is a bit Buck Rogers for me(showing my age) and I dislike the front but HATE the back.

I would sooner have an RSX type S.although the interior is pretty rough designed too

What I really want is a GTi but I live 2hrs from Memphis and its a hassle getting it serviced over there everytime. I used to have a 03 jetta and I traded it for the tC because the local toyota dealer could service the scion ( when I got my fmic I had to buy it in Little Rock no one else sold them in AR)

Next spring I will buy the sc for my RS and the following year I will move to memphis and buy ( hopefully )a V6 4motion Gti when it comes out.and my wife is a Reg Nurse$$$$$

Really the tC is the most Euro styled Japanese car I can find. and that kkeps this Scotsman happy.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

and WHISKY
Old 03-28-2006, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

and beer too
Old 03-29-2006, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Why does everyone think this is so lame? I love how everyone touts the RS 1.0 as being so special when there's hardly anything unique about it other then the color! It's not like there's not a million red cars out there anyway.. and worst of all the red was from the Toyota Matrix... how unique.

Lets break it down-

RS1 tC vs RS2 tC

"Absolutely Red" vs "Blue Blitz Mica" - This is totally subjective, but for me I'm a blue person.. not a pull me over I'm driving bright red kinda person.. So the Blue Blitz wins.

18" Enkei Wheels w/ Dark Graphite Finish vs 17" (from the new pics the same wheel, but 17" version?) - I think this is pretty equal, in both cases it's unique from one you can get otherwise. However the 18's are something you can order anyways... what's the point?

Color Tuned Fabric vs Alcantara Seats - The Alcantara seats are huge.. look how much people have paid aftermarket to get leather seats, a lot in excess of $2000. And we're getting something even better leather w/ Alcantara inserts. That's worth the price of the package cost alone. (Now correct me if I'm wrong, but my dealer told me that the seats would be leather with Alcantara inserts in the middle much like the Audi S4).

Upper & Lower Grill Enhancements vs Stainless Steel Upper & Lower Grill Enhancements - Again.. subjective as to which you like better, otherwise equal.

Color-tuned Strut Tie Bar / Cargot Mat / Billet Oil Cap / Battery Tie Down / Badgeed Floor Mats vs Pioneer Premium Audio with iPod Capability / XM Satellite Radio w/ 3 months free / Pioneer Subwoofer - It depends what you're into, but either way these options are pretty equal in their own respect. I have my own subwoofer + component speakers going in, but it's really nice to have XM already professionaly hooked up etc. I will be interested to see how it sounds stock though. Value wise you're getting more with the RS2 set of options.

Side Curtain Airbags - There's nothing on the RS1 that even rivals this...

So the RS2 is either equal to or better then the RS1 in every category. I have no problem paying $1960 for a set of options that easily surpasses $3500-$4500.

I live in Seattle and I'm first in line to get mine when it hits the local dealership here.. so I'll post up pictures as soon as I get it =)
Old 03-29-2006, 01:13 AM
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

"Agree to Disagree"- Ron Burgundy

Quick Reply: Scion tC RS2.0 Official Package