Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

situational irony

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude you beat this post to death! Why did you bring it back to life? Lock this ish up.

Originally Posted by martytC
Originally Posted by warlok9
People who don't ride or have never ridden a street bike just don't understand and just don't get it. I used to be the same way. I used to drive a 3000GT VR4 (320hp 315ftlb) before I had my first bike and I thought I could beat just about anything on the road. Then when I got my bike I was shocked at the amount of "thrust" a bike provides. It's like getting fired off the deck of an aircraft carrier. Outside of top fuel dragracers, it is hard to get that feeling in a 4 wheeled vehicle.

No matter what you are driving or how good you think you can drive it, the power and speed is much more accessable in a bike for an average consumer. It's that simple. It takes professional drivers for car magazines sometimes up to 10 runs to get a good time in a car. One slip and you lose a second or more. A bike is so much easier to pace through the gears and the powerband is so much wider that even if you don't make a perfect run you end up losing only a tenth or 2.

Get the bike my friend and you will see the light. Just be careful out there! There are no fender benders on a bike like the one guy said!

I hear what you are driving at with the 60 mph roll on... were these actual races on circuit where the biker actually knew you were racing him? Or are you just saying you pulled alongside a 600cc bike on the freeway doing 60 and punched it? Maybe the biker didn't know your intentions? Or perhaps by the time he realized you were racing him you already had your car in the best gear, turbo kicked in and rpms up and foot to the floor. By the time he kicks down 3 gears and rolls on I am sure you already put some distance between the two of you.

When I toasted that vette a while back, the sound of his engine roaring at maximum rpm's next to me as we flew down a stretch was funny to me. I am sure he thought he was going to smoke me. I am guessing we were doing around 50 or 60 ish when I decided to actually "twist" my throttle on full. I pulled away from him like he was standing still. I couldn't see his face, but the passengers face went from a laugh to "concerned".

Remember that scene from Spiderman the movie when Peter Parker first gets his powers and he gets in a fight by the lockers? You know how the guy is thowing punches and to Peter it is like the guy is moving in slow motion? That is what it is like racing cars on a bike.
O.K...so, bikes are fast? I think you have beat this horse to death. Why not compare an F-15 fighter jet to a Kite?

Get over it. Bikes are faster than cars...we GOT IT!
Old 07-09-2005, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cmon, Go easy on these Volvo guys. I didn't see too much meaness in their posts on the tC, in fact they seemed to be quite impressed by our car. Why do you guys have to start dissing them too much? You wouldn't want to be grouped with real mean car owners like the one you see in VW sites, do you?
I have to admit, I considered buying an S40 T5 or an S60 T5, before deciding on the tC.

Chombi
Old 07-09-2005, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by jmiller20874
Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
HA, let the justification begin... It must've had NOS, must've been an optical illusion, my windows just got tinted... I must suck at driving my Vulva...
He said Vulva
thats funny!!!
Old 07-09-2005, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

really, is it "situational irony" or "situational coincedence"? help me out here....i never know.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to keep dragging this on... but i can't resist:

Old 07-10-2005, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

guys in the end it comes down to the chevy cavalier ...old school body style 93' to woop some ****! hehe

I crushed a grand prix off a light, beat a bunch of 6 cylinders, in the end your going to get beat by something and in the end your gonna loose in life at racing, take the loss and get over it and stop crying, and if you drive a vuluva or w/e you wanna call it lol sounds like a tumor but your just homosexual the newer ones look nice and you can probably get down to it when it comes to it but come on its not like you show up to a car show and say I riced my vuluvaluavavu and people will come up to you and be like and then the tC owners come over and look at you like and then when you say oh i beat the fastest car on the planet because it was pushing me everyone just goes then you have the people at the car show like me <<<< that slash your tires for being a show off

and then everyone else dances and its a huge mob of people that look like this

Notice this was done at 6 am and I have to be at work in an hour and ive been up for like 3 muhahaha! but i found it funny to some point?
Old 07-10-2005, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WTF is up with the elitism on this site? You people drive an economy car, why does everyone forget that?
Old 07-10-2005, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well, I will say that a number of members of that volvo thread have some good sense about them, but many of them know absolutely jack about cars! I guess some of them just take it to the local bolt on shop and then talk trash. They spent way more money (and will down the road) on their car and then bash the tC. And worse, they know nothing about it.

So if any members of the board are watching here (And I am sure they are), to those that simply like their car as well as others, good for you. For the idiots saying stuff like "I respect honda owners, but not toyota" or "i dont like any of the such and such drivers", you are weak minded, know nothing morons. I hate knowing there are actual people out there that hate others simply because of what they drive, or group all owners of certain cars into one category. What a waste of air. And (I am not bashing volvo), it is funny that they stereotype people by their cars while driving a car known mostly for attracting middle aged yuppies that buy them because they are "safe". I have nothing against them.. but that is the image other stereotyping idiots place on them.

Many of them have cars that will outrun us stock... wow. A vette will laugh at them, a 911 will squeak by (yes, i said squeak.. see he car and driver comparison) the vette on a track, the carrera GT will laugh at that.. .and any real race car will smoke all of them. What does that prove??? Not much.

****EDIT****
I am in no way bashing the Volvo guys in general. That is not what I am about. I am just amazed at some of the ignorance spewed out by other members of that site. We see the same dumb-assedness here as well... and it is just stupid. To the ones on there that respect others cars and any car that appeals to them, no harm, no foul.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jaydub
WTF is up with the elitism on this site? You people drive an economy car, why does everyone forget that?
Correction. What is up with elitism ANYWHERE? No one is justified in feeling elite. It is a protective feeling worn by losers.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
Originally Posted by jaydub
Correction. What is up with elitism ANYWHERE? No one is justified in feeling elite. It is a protective feeling worn by losers.
Good point. Having been a member of TONS of car forums, that's very true. I just recall the topic here about the 2006 Civic Si upcoming, and people were actually calling Hondas a P.O.S.. I don't get it, I mean I love my tC very much but I also realize its shortcomings and strengths.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by bluenjsciontc
guys in the end it comes down to the chevy cavalier ...old school body style 93' to woop some ****! hehe I crushed a grand prix off a light, beat a bunch of 6 cylinders...
Hell yeah! My first two cars were a '93 2 Door Cav and a '91 Rally Sport 2 Door Cav. Both 5 speeds. I street raced a Vette once. I won (don't ask me how) and he got ____ed. Apparently all my friends had been flipping him off as we passed him. So when we stopped at the light he got out of his car and came over like he was gonna kick my butt. Those were the days. :D
Old 07-10-2005, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
Scinergy

I can't get into this argument but Sweden does make about the fastest road car in the world. I'd hate to say it but here it is

http://www.koenigsegg.com/thecars/index.asp?submenu=4
Old 07-10-2005, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by scynical1
I can't get into this argument but Sweden does make about the fastest road car in the world. I'd hate to say it but here it is

http://www.koenigsegg.com/thecars/index.asp?submenu=4
Wow... what a car. My friends from Norway and Finland would be very dissapointed to hear that is is swedish though 1.3g skidpad isnt bad either!
Old 07-10-2005, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually I think that award will go to Chrysler with their ME412 (12 cylinders, quad turbo) with an est. top speed of over 250mph!