2005-2010 [ANT10]

so im thinking about trading the tC for the new altima coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default so im thinking about trading the tC for the new altima coupe

so i have a supercharged 07 tC i got in decemeber and I only have 4k on the odo.. but now these new altima coupes are out, the 270hp version is 25k..

what does everyone think about the new nissan? its wicked sexy, very upscaled and no where NEAR the old altima's...

my car is paid for, and I dropped about 7-8K in upgrades/mods easy... I dont drive this thing but maybe one day a week, and I always have a "pleasure" car, while I have 1 or 2 work cars and a bike... . but 270hp to start with.. thats potential right there.. I have a feeling this is going to dominate the coupe market once it comes out mainstream and more people see them, its like a tc/350z/g35 cross.. looks fantasic, what does everyone else think? should I drop more money in some additional boost upgrades or maybe bite the bullet and go get it? I _THINK_ I can keep my tc if I sold my work car, then the tC would be the work car and my nissan would be my toy....

(maybe im looking for people to say keep the tc, i dont even know.. ;) )

whats everyones opinion of the new alt coupe? - I am going to the dealership tonight to speak about trade in value on my grand marquis (has 31k on the odo) and the tC and see whats up...

if i dont get this, i AM going to go get a new bike, and sell my 600 suzuki.. im looking at the triumph 995i's as well..
Old 07-10-2007, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

My dad owns a shop.. and nearly runs away when he sees any nissan come in. I personally have never seen one that is super reliable. The main problem is that the problems they do have end up super hard to track down and fix. I have been completely turned off of them for a long time.. and also dont like the looks of any altima ever made.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

My old roomate is a Mechanic at a Nissan Dealer and has had some good and bad things to say about them......Mostly bad......
Old 07-10-2007, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my throughts on the new coupe is that it is a little highly priced for a fwd car. I like the look and the thought, but for potentially 30k, i would rather get a used g35, rear wheel drive and more luxury.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Or a used 350Z
Old 07-10-2007, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SwtC44
my throughts on the new coupe is that it is a little highly priced for a fwd car. I like the look and the thought, but for potentially 30k, i would rather get a used g35, rear wheel drive and more luxury.
agreed, get a g35 instead. RWD FTW!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Not much of an upgrade... Unless you like torque steer and no traction. If I had to buy one new and choose between a tC of altima coupe, I might get one... But trade? No way!

If you wanted that kind of power, consider a used G35 or Z.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

I would get the 350z!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: so im thinking about trading the tC for the new altima c

Originally Posted by torqueTc
so i have a supercharged 07 tC i got in decemeber and I only have 4k on the odo.. but now these new altima coupes are out, the 270hp version is 25k..

what does everyone think about the new nissan? its wicked sexy, very upscaled and no where NEAR the old altima's...

my car is paid for, and I dropped about 7-8K in upgrades/mods easy... I dont drive this thing but maybe one day a week, and I always have a "pleasure" car, while I have 1 or 2 work cars and a bike... . but 270hp to start with.. thats potential right there.. I have a feeling this is going to dominate the coupe market once it comes out mainstream and more people see them, its like a tc/350z/g35 cross.. looks fantasic, what does everyone else think? should I drop more money in some additional boost upgrades or maybe bite the bullet and go get it? I _THINK_ I can keep my tc if I sold my work car, then the tC would be the work car and my nissan would be my toy....

(maybe im looking for people to say keep the tc, i dont even know.. ;) )

whats everyones opinion of the new alt coupe? - I am going to the dealership tonight to speak about trade in value on my grand marquis (has 31k on the odo) and the tC and see whats up...

if i dont get this, i AM going to go get a new bike, and sell my 600 suzuki.. im looking at the triumph 995i's as well..
I can think of better things to spend 25k on. Including, for example, NOT an altima. Surprise: THE ALTIMA IS BORING, new or old. Trust me, the Altima will never "dominate the coupe market". Want to know why? Because it sucks, much like the Triumph 995i ( which is not "new", by the way). Save your money and sell all your crappy cars to build one badass one. Try a used srt4 or 350z.

PS: The 995i SUCKS. It's old and ugly and now they make the Daytona 675, so stop looking.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm at a honda/nissan store. nissan has issues. last year's altima was recalled for engine replacements. I wouldnt trust the first run of a new/redesigned product from these guys.

Z or G FTW!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:38 PM
SL Member

my cousin has bad luck with nissan's. first a brand new sentra the air blew out ice chips.(okay not so bad) then a brand new altima the exahust was faulty the engine and transmission went out and he had to fight to get them(corporate) to replace it. also the window module went out and it had to be replaced. and on top of all this he got a brand new 08 altima never learns. other than that they are some nice LOOKING cars. besides the trucks i wouldnt buy nissan.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Pscifun
SL Member

I like the new coupe.. I was considering trading my tc for one, but might wait a year, just cause its the 1st model year for the coupe. But don't listen to what every one else says, get what you want!
Old 07-10-2007, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^this is true, what you want is the only thing that really matters. I was just offering my opinion. But get what you want, and dont settle for anything else
Old 07-10-2007, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
My dad owns a shop.. and nearly runs away when he sees any nissan come in. I personally have never seen one that is super reliable. The main problem is that the problems they do have end up super hard to track down and fix. I have been completely turned off of them for a long time.. and also dont like the looks of any altima ever made.
I'm going to agree with this. Nissan still has a LOT to prove to me - my sister has an 04 Altima and well, to make a long statement short, I too am very turned off to Nissan. In fact, I have a hard time acknowledging most (newer) Nissans as legitimate vehicles whatsoever.

The old Maxima and such - that was when Nissan was legitimate and made some sporty cars which were also fun to drive (like the manual Maxima).

Anyway, even if Nissan managed to fix themselves and make a real car now... 270 HP in a FWD is still pretty darn silly.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:25 AM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SwtC44
Exactly.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The new altima looks great..looks way better than the g35...my mom has a used maxima...06....has it for like 1.5 years and no problems...just had some recall thing the only thing i went to the dealer. for.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

For a car like that, don't get a FWD.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im just gonna ask this, not a fan of Nissan, but why is everyone saying that 270 hp in a FWD isn't worth it? We have people on here putting out over 400whp and everyone is congratulating them. Is it b/c its a coupe and should be RWD? I'm an idiot I know
Old 07-11-2007, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no, its just that it is gonna have crazy torque steer and would have been a much better car if it was rwd
Old 07-11-2007, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh I see, well I got my tC b/c thats the only car I wanted and very happy with my purchase. I'd rather just mod mine then go buy another car that's better power wise to begin with...where's the fun in that?

Quick Reply: so im thinking about trading the tC for the new altima coupe