Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Starting off fresh.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 08:59 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default Starting off fresh.......

well as many of you already know i have been quite the ___ on this forum. well i can admit that 90% is cause i hate my car and it has given me NOTHING but trouble. Well, i hope i can get another chance cause things are about to change. After 7 months of HELL with mt TC, i finally took it to the dealer today and ripped them a new one. so far i have had:
1. a new tranny (went out after 5k)not raced *dealer declared not my fault at all*,
2. new front seats (faded to grey w/ white spots),
3. new B-pillar(driver side cloth was bubbling off),
4. new floor mats,
5. 2 sunroof deflectors,
6. 1 main sunroof,
7. left, middle, and right fender lining,
8. new foglights (cracked cause of reasons not known but was declared not my fault by dealer),
9. new head unit cover,
10. new drivers side vent,
11. new rear seat belts (both sides binded up inside)
12. new headliner (was bubbling like b-pillar)
13. new serpentine belt(mine snapped after only 9k miles)
14. and finally new muffler hangers. BTW the car has 19k on the clock, all services done by toyota. its like everyday i was wondering "whats going to go wrong today."

So after i spoke with the service MGR, and sales MGR, and the finance guy,,,,,,,,,,,, next week im getting a new TC. and this time im getting *free of charge* TC body kit, and subwoofer. maybe i wont be so bitter now. lets hope this car is not a lemon as well
Old 08-24-2005, 09:01 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

You should have gotten a new tC after the third time? Or is it seventh?

You got a V identifier?
Old 08-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by squirrel

You got a V identifier?
i dont know what the process is for getting a new car, but whats a v identifer? something like a lemon checker or something? in case someone wants to buy it down the road so they can see it was a lemon????
Old 08-24-2005, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow. Who is paying for the new car?
Old 08-24-2005, 11:09 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by halfbreed

You got a V identifier?
i dont know what the process is for getting a new car, but whats a v identifer? something like a lemon checker or something? in case someone wants to buy it down the road so they can see it was a lemon????
You have "the" scroll in your avitar.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Banned
SL Member

brent brown toyota scion is, it will be here in a week
Old 08-25-2005, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well you definitely deserve this new tc. $1500 in accessories free of charge i think they made up for it.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so who's paying for this new car? I can't see a dealer just giving you a new car for free because you raised hell.. not unless you had an attorney as well...
Old 08-25-2005, 06:20 AM
5 Year Member

the dealer SHOULD pay for it, if the car was a lemon then they have to either give you your money back or give you a new car. it was already paid for. have fun with those accessories. :D
Old 08-25-2005, 01:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow so they replaced your floor mats and your front seats? my front seats have weird spots/blotches all over the outer edges of them.. i thought they were just watermarks or something. maybe i should take it to the dealer after all. also.. my floor mats (like a lot of other people's i'm hearing) are shot to hell with holes. wonder if they'll replace those too.

anyway, good luck with the new car. wish i got a new car.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:42 PM
Banned
SL Member
Scinergy

half have you ever heard of the lemon law
Old 08-25-2005, 01:46 PM
SL Member

You know, when I was trading my Mazda Crap-o-ge and I was telling this dude about all the problems I had with it, he raised his eyebrows in surprise and was like, "What? Mazda has a good reputation...very reliable. You must've got that one in thousand".

So hopefully your problem is that "one in a thousand"!!
Old 08-25-2005, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow, that's waaay to many problems. I'm glad i haven't had anything go wrong, as of yet. Hope you get to enjoy your new car.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You got a V identifier?
so? how is it that you got a new car from the dealer? did you have an attorney?
Old 08-25-2005, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow..new car..what color is it going to be?
Old 08-25-2005, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich

You got a V identifier?
so? how is it that you got a new car from the dealer? did you have an attorney?
There is something called a lemon law in California, and a few other states.

According to it, you can have a certain number of major issues with a brand new car before the dealership is required, by law, to replace your car with the same model brand new car.

For the three people who asked about this, just be happy it wasn't a traffic law you missed.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

jesus man. What a bad experience. But yes, a lemon law is applicable to your car. Look into that!
Old 08-26-2005, 03:06 PM
Banned
SL Member

the lemon law is what i filed it under. im just glad im getting a new car. i know there are people on here who say "oh well you ONLY spent 20k on your car what should you expect?" but yea thats 20k of MY money. and i want a f***ing quality product for that money. and smash i had a post on the dealership replacing my floor mats with new ones its here https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...774&highlight= i got better ones than i had. go to your dealership and TELL them you want new ones. dont let the dealership push you around or they WILL
Old 08-26-2005, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the lemon law is what i filed it under. im just glad im getting a new car. i know there are people on here who say "oh well you ONLY spent 20k on your car what should you expect?" but yea thats 20k of MY money. and i want a f***ing quality product for that money. and smash i had a post on the dealership replacing my floor mats with new ones its here https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...774&highlight= i got better ones than i had. go to your dealership and TELL them you want new ones. dont let the dealership push you around or they WILL
i just got into it with someone there today. they said they can't replace them it's normal wear and tear. go figure, it's the same thing they told me about the f-ing paint on the car. and they said it's common for the tC's seats to spot/stain-- they actually told me not to use fabric cleaner because it would only make the problem worse. cheap ___ materials. i hate my dealer.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by smash
i just got into it with someone there today. they said they can't replace them it's normal wear and tear. go figure, it's the same thing they told me about the f-ing paint on the car. and they said it's common for the tC's seats to spot/stain-- they actually told me not to use fabric cleaner because it would only make the problem worse. cheap butt materials. i hate my dealer.
hey smash.. so basically you're going to have to get an attorney JUST to get your floormats replaced? that's nuts.. try another dealer.. I almost wonder if they are just giving you excuses cuz you're a girl.. i know that would suck, but it sounds like they discount you no matter what..

Quick Reply: Starting off fresh.......