Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/)
-   -   Subaru Legacy GT Turbo Cop are a real jerkoff, anyone relate (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/subaru-legacy-gt-turbo-cop-real-jerkoff-anyone-relate-156592/)

trentonm 02-16-2009 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by ilovemytC

Originally Posted by trentonm

Originally Posted by Steven_tC
i dont know its all too late! i need to hire a traffic attorney, and some how save for a passport 3500i or V1

you dont need an attorney at all for this. bring in proof and you are good to go. I had a differed a ticket back in 2000, got pulled over last year i just had to bring in proof that that was my only one and it went off the record. no need to waste the money for the insurance. you were going 14 over so other than attempting to fight that ticket it would be pointless. but i guess it makes sense to fight it, you didnt listen to your radar detector, but still want to buy another. that would be a waste of money wouldnt it?

I don't think he will be able to beat the radar, that Subi's sole purpose is to catch speeders and street racers, but he can always try to challenge the radar gun and the officer who used it (experience, certification, etc). If it was laser then just take the ticket, lol.

oh i know he has no chance in getting out of the speeding ticket, but then again he does want a better radar detector which he doesnt use anyway. so why not waste the money on an attorney. :)

O5_TRD_tC 02-16-2009 08:15 PM

a lot of states have undercover cop cars now.

goingcarcrazy 02-16-2009 08:15 PM

The craziest thing I've seen is here in Jax, aparently they have an early 90's Ford F350 dually cop car...err...truck. I had to do a triple take on that one.

ilovemytC 02-16-2009 08:15 PM

Re: Subaru Legacy GT Turbo Cop are a real jerkoff, anyone re

Originally Posted by Steven_tC

Way to be right...
I mean Scion tC are the Second Ticketed in United States after the Hummer H2/H3.

I'm sure if you have enough money to own a Hummer you can afford speeding tickets...also, I think it's not so much the car as the age of the majority of tC drivers. When I've gone to traffic court (4 times last year

:doh:, 3 dismissed btw) They take the oldest offenders first, then the youngest last. It's funny how the younger the offenders get, the higher the over the limit gets lol.

DeathMachine 02-16-2009 08:21 PM

Here in Jacksonville there are 2 sweet Florida Highway Patrol units! One is a black and tan Camaro supercharged with a 175 shot of nitrous and the other is a twin-turbo Dodge Stealth...

The Stealth is blacked out, looks like a racer untill he comes rocketing up behind you and flips on his lights... The Camaro is used to run down bikes

goingcarcrazy 02-16-2009 08:26 PM

They still have the Camaro? I remember hearing about that thing when they got their shipment of Z28s a few years back. I haven't seen any since, I've only seen the standard Crown Vic or the new Chargers they have.

trentonm 02-16-2009 08:44 PM

back in 2002-2003 there was white, blacked out volvo trooper in the ellensburg/yakima area.

xIxAMxHOLLYWOODx 02-16-2009 08:44 PM

https://blogs.edmunds.com/straightli...%20POLICE1.jpg

https://blogs.edmunds.com/straightli...e%20car555.jpg

https://blogs.edmunds.com/straightli...%20POLICE2.jpg

Although its a parade princess, it sure would suck (or would it?) to try and run from this guy...

trentonm 02-16-2009 08:48 PM

^man they should tint the lights in the scoop. make it look a bit more stealth. obviously theyre not too worried about it. but it seems as if theyre are hiding lights on cops much more than before.

ilovemytC 02-16-2009 08:55 PM

I know! Dang skinny LED bars. I miss being able to spot them from literally a mile away. My vision is still pretty good tho :lalala:

Martillo_Azul 02-16-2009 09:20 PM

I was in my Rallye Red Civic Si Going to work one day and I was really really late. My co worker was in the car with me. We passed the $0.75 toll booth, which is now $1.25, on 87 North. I was doing 132 when I passed him after the turn. He was behind something and I couldn't see him. I slowed down cause there were no exits for me to get away. As he approached the car he just asked why I was going so fast. I explained my work situation and that I didn't want my co worker to b late. I got a 95 in a 55 ticket. I WAS LUCKY!!!!

RacheltheTruth 02-16-2009 09:39 PM

We have all kinds of cars down here.... Some are in GMC SUV's and the newest cars are Chargers, that seriously have no distinguishing marks what so ever....

To the OP.... if you have a radar detector, why didnt you listen to it????

You obviously spent your money on it for a reason.... they will more than pay for themselves if you pay attention to it!

kagenokaze 02-16-2009 09:45 PM

The first I have heard of undercover Subies... about time.

We don't have to worry as much about undercovers

Dakine 02-16-2009 09:50 PM

you shouldnt have ignored your radar detector. Your mind is only as smart until the electronics kick it.

Checho 02-16-2009 09:50 PM

I guess you weren't prepared to get fcked by the long dik of the law?

CameronTX 02-16-2009 09:53 PM

theres an older unmarked conversion van that sits over the hill to catch people zooming along after school haha. thats just mean!

and also the black expeditions with hidden lights and what not.

at nights there are moter cycle cops that will sit in the middle of a small median.. with no lights on.. and catch people as the speed limit changes from 70 to 55.. im waiting for the day that someone takes him out!

Andrew1782 02-16-2009 10:00 PM

Well now look it was your fault. I know it sucks sure BUT, your radar went off...you ignored it, your radar detector was illegal.....you ignored that law, you were speeding....your fault another law broken...and finally not carrying proof of insurance.....your fault, again! So gotta say man I think your insults to the cop are unfounded, you are just ____ed that you got busted while breaking 3 laws......no pity friend.

Now, look I have been in your same position though beleive me....but fact is he was doing his job and you got caught plain and simple.

superwhiteTC20 02-16-2009 10:14 PM

haha i have a good story for this thread =]

So the other day i'm on a 4 lane road and come up to a stop light. Few cars sitting there and in the front (Pole Position) were a 2007ish Ford mustang GT, red with black rims, 5% tint and some exhaust. Next to him is a 3000gt. The mustang revs over at the GT and so i'm thinking i'm about to see a good race. Well light turns green and their off! They get going about 15 over the speed limit, and all i see is the mustang slam on its brakes, get behind the GT and woop woop. Cop car in disguise. Pulled the guy over and I was just like damn, thats messed up.

yellowxhoodie 02-16-2009 10:22 PM

omg.
you got caught speeding? no way.

you were doing something wrong.
you knew you were doing it.
you got caught.

ill say the same thing i say to everyone else who whines about tickets that are their fault.

man up.
pay up.
shut up.

superwhiteTC20 02-16-2009 10:26 PM

He wasn't complaining just starting a topic for weird cop stories saying he got pulled by a car he wasn't expecting to be a cop...dang