Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

super white vs flint mica

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default super white vs flint mica

ok, i'm torn between super white and flint mica so i need some help. post your favorite color between these two and why. also, include comments on how easy it is to clean.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Flint Mica, hands down. Most dynamic paint available.

My car has like, 6 different colors. The paint changes with every different light its under and the angle you see it from.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default true true...

Originally Posted by DJIce
Flint Mica, hands down. Most dynamic paint available.

My car has like, 6 different colors. The paint changes with every different light its under and the angle you see it from.
Hes Right! I love my Flint Mica
Old 02-09-2005, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love my FM, but I also like the other tc colors such as BCP and IIP
Old 02-09-2005, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Flint Mica rocks your socks off - and the paint color change isn't all that agressive, rather it changes with different lighting situations rather than viewing angle like some color-shifting paint, it's not like that. But it's awesome, sometimes it's a deep, deep green to a dark blue hue, to black at night, or a deep charcoal in the sunshine. It's green in the off-light like sunset kind of light, and blueish when there's light but it's not directly hitting the car.

OH and the thing that finalized my decision is the primer under the paint is BLACK!!! so if you got a ding in your hood on the super-white it'd stick out like an ugly smashed thumb. Oh, and with the paint particles you can't really see any paint swirls or marks too easily because my hood is covered in swirls (repair shop doesn't know how to detail a car I guess) and I need to get it fixed, in the process but you still can't see it unless you're looking for it.

I'm sure white gets dirty really fast too, but flint mica still looks good when it's dusty, can't really see it too easily - I was torn between the two until I saw white in person, it looks really good with the black hood and tinted windows, but the maintenance is a little too much for me even though I baby my car.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The easier color to tell if it's dirty? Black. It's not white. I have Super White, I hate washing my car. But it doesn't look as bad or require as much maintenance as Black. I think Flint Mica is easier to take are of just because of the color. But Super White does pretty well with dust and has a sportier look while the Flint has a more luxurious shade. Usually the owners of each color will zealously promote their color, without thinking. My suggestion is to just pick the one you like better in person. You have seen the car with the colors you're deciding on in person right?
Old 02-09-2005, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Flint is more rarer.

i like the Panda scheme that most SW tC owners are going for. (CF hood and CF trunk)

i love that look

but definitely the best color is Flint
Old 02-09-2005, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think they're both great. I love my Flint, but I've got nothing bad to say about Super White. I've seen a few great looking ones.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member

Without a doubt FM...

Super White is IMPOSSIBLE to keep clean, the paint chips EVERY time you take it out on the highway, and it shows everything. .

Do not get a Super White unless you can keep it garaged and put some type of bra or paint protection on it..

Not to mention the fact that it looks plain, and vanilla and generic.. and cheap as well.. completely forgettable..

I loathe mine..
Old 02-09-2005, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I saw a flint mica while I was down in California, and in the sun it looked GREEN. I just really don't like green. Maybe if I saw the car in different lighting I would think differently.

I don't think white looks generic...it makes the car look sportier in my opinion. My 2000 Celica GT-S was super white too. I've owned many cars in many different colors, and have also found that white seems to hide dirt the best. We get a lot of rain up here so that is important. It also hides scratches, door dings, and swirl marks better.

Nikki
Old 02-09-2005, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member

I guess I'll speak for the White... am I biased?

First of all, this is all a matter of opinion, but here's mine...

Anyways, these are the 2 colors I was battling with, but I didn't battle long. I settled for nothing BUT the white. Waited 3 weeks to get a white one. White does not show dirt/salt and scratches as badly as a dark color does. And I just think it looks better on the car, and is a bit more original than the FM. I have yet to see another white tC on the road around here. Also, when it's clean and in the sun, you literally need a pair of sunglasses to look at it! It's the brightest white, and I love it! That's another reason I went for it.

Simply put, I went with the white because I liked the look the best, and thought it would be easier to take care of than a darker color. The FM is great looking though.

Get whatever floats yer boat!
Old 02-09-2005, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FM is great, but I personally like my SW better. Its all personal preference, you cant go wrong either way.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Super White was my second choice but I knew that if I got it that I would regret it later. I do not regret getting FM at all. Besides, we already have a white celica at home (that has a lot of ugly paint chips from rocks, etc.), no need for another white car.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by malina
Super White was my second choice but I knew that if I got it that I would regret it later. I do not regret getting FM at all. Besides, we already have a white celica at home (that has a lot of ugly paint chips from rocks, etc.), no need for another white car.
You're tellin me.. ugh, I regret mine daily.. I feel sick about it. and it's probably going to get to the point that I have to sell it..

Yes, the Super White is that bad.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

doesnt matter there both played out
Old 02-09-2005, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member

FM looks really cool under the sun, plus I think it you can get away with not having to wash it every so often. I owned a white car before and it was really though to keep it shining...
Old 02-09-2005, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

It Sparkles like a Diamond.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

I agree with what was said above, FM is classier while SW is sportier. the solution? get black cherry pearl, sporty and classy, and less common too.

actually get whatever floats ur boat, based on my experiences of choosing things like this in the past you probably wont regret it regardless of what u get
Old 02-09-2005, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member

Love the way FM looks in the sun.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the SW because it makes the glass roof stand out :D

FM is nice too, but too common. All the tC's ive seen on the streets are FM. booring...

Quick Reply: super white vs flint mica