2005-2010 [ANT10]

Take what they get starting

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Take what they get starting

The Super White i ordered in April with NO options and 5sp is on it's way in my dealers next allocation...small problem..its an automatic with the disc changer...I was told if I don't want it I can wait for the next shipment and they'll try again..nice to see the new Scion philosophy of getting what you order is working.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My dealer also took my order with options/color. I hope my car does not get screwed up. I wonder on your order where the problem lies????? I will be upset if they mess up my order.

Kevin
Old 06-11-2004, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

it might get messed up because all they have to choose from is what is comming from the first shipment. This is not a "Hey I can order it from the factory" each region has a pool to draw from so if there are only 10 tc's for ten dealerships then they might have to order one that doesn't meet the specs given.

$20 says almost none of the dealers will have a tc with side airbags until August.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry that your order got messed up. Like the post above says, the initial crop of tCs is limited and so your specific vehicle may not have been allocated to your region. Check with your dealer to see if they can orchestrate a trade with another dealer so that you won't have to wait until the next allocation. If that doesn't work, PM me and I'll try to find a dealer for you that has one.

Casey
Old 06-11-2004, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well it ain't Burger King. Same thing with all Scions, the dealerships don't "order" a particular car for you, they "preference" one for you. So that when one like you want comes in to port, it is assigned to your dealership. They can't guarantee it in any time frame.

With Volkswagen, you actually CAN order a car the way you want, but it takes nearly 3 months for you to get it.

Good luck in finding the tC you desire
Old 06-12-2004, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it is just an allocation and they don't always get what they prefrence. don't worry, i would wait and get what you want.
Old 06-12-2004, 01:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

so i guess that kind of shoots their "guaranteed in the first shipment if your order is placed by April 30th" policy eh? I'm gonna have to get me some free accessories if thats the case ;)
Old 06-12-2004, 06:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm get'n a bore'n ol "it's in its last year of production" Celica. But, I got to order it exactly how I want it. :D Mine is take'n 3 months also. Only a week or 2 to go.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey thanks guys,

this helped me decide not to put a deposit down. i don't trust dealerships enough to get me the car i want.

i only want the white one, and yet they still ask you what are your top 3 colors. :?

1)white
2)um, still white
3)same as #1

I also want the airbags, so I figure it's best to just call around and have all the local dealerships keep a look out for what I want instead of relying on the "allocation" game.

I think dealers figure that those that put a deposit down are already sold on the car and can be talked into waiting another week or 2 given a decent excuse, they probably call these people "suckers"

...the buyers looking for a certain color or transmission are right at their doorstep and need more attention to keep them from going to other dealerships. they proabably call this customer "fresh meat".

I have a list of dealerships ready to call when the cars arrive, but I'll probably end up going to Longo Toyota because they're the biggest dealership in the country so I would think they're more likely to have a good selection.
Old 06-13-2004, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can slap a different badge on it, but it's still the same ol' Toyota dealers selling them. This is common brand-wide with Toyota and Honda. I suggest you take a trip to a few Mazda, Nissan, and Mitsubishi dealers to see the difference.
Old 06-13-2004, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Default Scion Methods

Originally Posted by iZero
You can slap a different badge on it, but it's still the same ol' Toyota dealers selling them. This is common brand-wide with Toyota and Honda. I suggest you take a trip to a few Mazda, Nissan, and Mitsubishi dealers to see the difference.
MITSUBISHI???

People, people. Are SOME Toyota dealers going to screw this up? Yes. All of them? No way. Were some dealers expecting that their "orders" would all ACTUALLY be fulfilled? Yup. Will they? Nope.

Now we (Including the dealership I work at) just have to make the best of things.

Some dealers can actually see the train bearing down on them and will make every attempt to get up to speed so they can climb on board instead of getting left behind.

Some dealers are short-sighted and deserve to perish!

Stick with your dealer. They're learning, as they go, that this Scion thing IS different and that they need to do it right. Toyota is doing the right thing, in the right way, and the industry (IMO) is getting ready to evolve. But it won't work if the people don't stay with it.
Old 06-13-2004, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i actually placed a deposit in a local scion dealer and also placed another order from another local dealer. both different options and colors.... blue automatic and white manual.. will see which 1 i like more... then go with it.

If i decided to go with the 1 that I didn't place deposit on.. I can always get my deposit back from the other dealer..
Old 06-13-2004, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i love how some people talk smack about dealers and ultimately they end up going to them to buy their car. how ironic.

i've been saying it for months. if you like the car put a deposit, just make sure its in writing that its refundable. that way when you end up liking the car after you drive it, you won't feel ____ed that you have to wait 3 to 4 months to get it.
Old 06-13-2004, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't ever let yourself be pressured into buying a color you don't want! A lot of dealers will try to force people into buying a color they have extra stock in by saying they can't get you anything else. This is total B.S. You tell them they either have to get your the color you want, or you will walk. Unless you live in hickville U.S.A. most dealers are a dime a dosen, you will be able to find one that will help you.

Just think, would you want to be driving a car for the next 4 to 6 years that is a color you don't like?
Old 06-13-2004, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rich Manas
i love how some people talk smack about dealers and ultimately they end up going to them to buy their car. how ironic.
I know more than a few people that have not purchased Toyotas, Hondas, and Volkswagens simply because of the dealers. From there, the word spreads. The arrogance will eventually bite you in the ___.
Old 06-13-2004, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah the color thing really bugs...but it works because that's how buyers tend to be. Most don't care all that much about the color, it seems, so they can be persuaded into a color that's...ok to them.

But that's like talking crap about a job you don't like...of course you're going back to work, you gotta earn a living. I know cars can be bough online and shipped to you...but the reality is, most people(including me) will do it the traditional way.
Old 06-13-2004, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

other than some Euorpean manufacturers like Volvo that allow you to fly over and buy and drive the car in Europe then ship it back, i'm not sure how you can buy a new car other than ultimately going to your dealer....the color isn't a big deal...its the options..i'd rather spend the $1200(auto 800,changer 400) on springs etc..i also placed two deposits just in case...one white one flint...first dealer told me no Super White or Flint Mica were being produced...only Phantom Grey and Polar White....I chose Polar White(white is pretty much white)..then i went to another dealer who said both colors were available so I chose Flint...two weeks later first dealer called and said they had screwed up and it would be Super not Polar but would be auto w/changer....second dealer called last week and said the Flint Mica should be in around the 21st as ordered...i was told by both dealers that the cars come to port stripped..either auto or manual and with or without side bags...so if they put in a preference not to have any stuff slapped on then thats the way it comes...either way i have one w/my name on it in the first allocation.
Old 06-13-2004, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by hal9000
first dealer told me no Super White or Flint Mica were being produced...only Phantom Grey and Polar White.....
What are they smoking? I would've walked out right then and there.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

My first dealer that I had a desposit with tried to sell me on the black they are getting next week, so I took a drive over to the next nearest dealer and they are getting a Silver Streak Mica Auto within the next week and because I want an automatic and the others who are on the wait list want a manual I'm getting my new Scion Tc next Saturday.

It was dropped off at port yesterday and just has to be shiped to the dealer, pprepped and then I'll have the Tc.

HELL YES!

Also said that if I didn't get it by June 23rd they'd pay for all the acessories I ordered.

I GOT THAT IN WRITTING!
Old 06-13-2004, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Everyone should make sure to keep track of which dealerships are giving you a hard time. That way, other would-be Scion buyers can avoid wasting their time on them.

Quick Reply: Take what they get starting