Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

tC: Is it a chic car or not??

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member

Default tC: Is it a chic car or not??

Most people stereotype about which people drive certain cars. I know that the Celica is known to be a chic car., and the BMW 3 series always seems to be driven by young rich guys. What kind of people do you think drive a tC?? It just seems like there are more people in this forum that are above the average age group of what Scion is trying to target. What's the demographics like in this forum?? Are u guys male, female, have any kids, married, etc...

Also, what do all you girls think about being picked up by a guy who would owns a tC?
Old 02-12-2004, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I think its more a mans car. Not to many girls i know would want an aftermarket supercharger in their car. But i could see girls driving it. I'm not sure what a girl would say getting picked up in one though.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i guess that depends on the girl your picking up on...
Old 02-12-2004, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I'm a chick and I'm in the age group that Scion was targeting.(19 to be exact) I dont think the tC is a chick car, although, it does appeal to girls more i think because of all the standard features...like the sunroof. I personally want a performance car, not a "chick car." One way I think the tC could be looked at as a chick car is if its an automatic. (The majority of girls I know hate stick shifts.)

Now being picked up by someone who drives one, well, I'm not too sure. It looks more expencive than it really is, so I guess girls will like it. But I guess it all depends on what type of girl your trying to pick up on.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well im a guy and i guess i'm a targeted age @ 20. I can see how the tC can be a chiks car but overal its a good looking car. You have also consider that the car is stock and hsnt even been out or seen in person...it hasnt hit the 'scene' as some would say. As for me, I grew up with the Corolla and for me the tC would be a considerable improvement...im looking to buy a new corolla XRS, used is300 or used beamer.....if i end up buying the tC then that would say a lot about Scion as a company i dont kno if you would pick up girls with the the tC...depending what kind of girls ur talking about..hehe but im sure it'll break some necks.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh man. here we go again:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...er=asc&start=0
Old 02-12-2004, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i see the car as a unisex car. it is not like a miata and have a stereotype that has. i think more guys will be driving it though.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Well, I'm a guy, and I sell Scion, and I am putting my order in for myself next month. So I don't care what gender owns these, I just think that a lot of people are going to want one, and it's just goin to be a bad ___ car, even without the supercharger, but that I do have to get.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Default tc chick car........

I don't think the Tc is a chick car....although the White and the new blue for it will apppeal to the ladies....
Old 02-12-2004, 12:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Oh well, if Tavis, Jay and Allen all want tC's then it is definitly a chick car!!!

Doc
Old 02-12-2004, 01:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by Docsnuff
Oh well, if Tavis, Jay and Allen all want tC's then it is definitly a chick car!!!

Doc
hey ....... look creamsickle boy......don't mess with us......we have ways of making boxes dissappear......got me :twisted: :twisted:
Old 02-12-2004, 01:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by Jaywade24
Originally Posted by Docsnuff

Doc
hey ....... look creamsickle boy......don't mess with us......we have ways of making boxes dissappear......got me :twisted: :twisted:

haha, we got on that one docsnuff.....if it's the Hot Lava that your waiting for, I'm sold out, and I'm sure jay will be able to do something with his....
Old 02-12-2004, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member

In the area where I live, there's hardly any salesman that I run into that owns a new car. They all own used vehicles, which it kind of surprises me that all you sales guys in this forum are going to be ordering your new tC.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member

In the area where I live, there's hardly any salesman that I run into that owns a new car. They all own used vehicles, which it kind of surprises me that all you sales guys in this forum are going to be ordering your new tC.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by Lwhoyu
well I used to be a stright up honda guy...my every day car a civic. my "plaything" a Integra...but I all about Scion now....first of all I luv the after market support that's out there for Scion....and we're just getting started they should be a lot more in the months to come...you can't find that much aftermarket stuff for toyota, but scion different.....the price is great...it's a toyota so we know it's a great product.....I like the fact that I (a customer) can chose what's on the car...I think it's great...that's why I luv working for Scion...I hate the games car dealers play...and with us there is no games
Old 02-12-2004, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, my wife does love the car...but i definately would own one tho!
Old 02-12-2004, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TC is for people who are too caught up in hating domestics to realize the SRT4 is 100 times more car for the money.

=)
Old 02-12-2004, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jackmott
TC is for people who are too caught up in hating domestics to realize the SRT4 is 100 times more car for the money.

=)
And the SRT4 is for people who are too caught up in numbers to notice the carr falling apart on them...
Old 02-12-2004, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by Pablo xB

=)
And the SRT4 is for people who are too caught up in numbers to notice the carr falling apart on them...
all I can say is Damnnnn ..... :D
Old 02-12-2004, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Pablo xB

=)
I can deal with the occasional repair for an extra 150 horsepower and an LSD thank you.

Quick Reply: tC: Is it a chic car or not??