Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

tC driver kills woman in hit and run

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I guess they thought that since they were going to do a "hit and run" that they actually had to get out of the car and run. unfortunate though.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by TonyTazaam
I guess they thought that since they were going to do a "hit and run" that they actually had to get out of the car and run. unfortunate though.
OMG, can u imagine is that is true. HOW STUPID!
Old 02-17-2007, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

They are so stupid as to run into a mall where cameras are probably recording 24 7---they should turn themselves in and get it over with...........
Old 02-17-2007, 06:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that is horrible but then again the car has nothing to do with it -- hope the tc won the race
Old 02-17-2007, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they could just say the car was stolen if they are trying to get away with it... i wonder what mall they ran into... if it was the one i work at i would have kicked their face in... even if it was a chick...well maybe not their face but u get the point
Old 02-17-2007, 06:38 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

(2/16/07 - KTRK/HOUSTON) - A woman in northwest Houston was run over and killed tonight.

Police tell us it may be the result of two cars racing each other on Hempstead Highway near 290 and the West Loop.

Eyewitnesses say the car's driver and another were racing northwest on Hempstead Highway just past the Northwest Mall at speeds they estimate greater than 90 miles per hour.

"All of a sudden we see a car swerve onto the lane and it hits fire hydrant and it hits the lady," said eyewitness Brandon Daniels.

The hydrant flew at least 30 yards. One of the victim's shoes lies near where the woman was hit. Daniels was waiting there for a bus just like the victim. He called 911.

"Very scary, but at a time like that, you don't have time to worry about fear, you do what you have to do," he said.

Just after the wreck, eyewitnesses say the driver of the Scion stopped, got out of her car and came back to see what had happened. That's when those who were there say they saw her get into the other car which she'd been racing.

"We follow the other car and we give information to the security, just to keep eyes to that car," said eyewitness Eduardo Escobar.

Escobar says he followed that car to a restaurant where he watched a man get out of the car, but he never saw a woman exit.

"Then you don't see the lady no more, so we don't know what's going on after that," he said.

Police spent hours scouring the Northwest Mall for the other driver, but as of 10pm without luck.

Police have not released the name of the woman who was killed.
(Copyright © 2007, KTRK-TV)
Old 02-17-2007, 07:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

This angers me. mistakes happen and if you don't run from them things come out better in the end. I hope the girl that ran from this gets life in prison for take this womens life.

a little over a year ago i was Driving in my celica after dropping off my cousin at home. I a lite rain at night. I went around a corner, I clipped a man with my side view mirror. he was wearing all black and stepped in between to cars. If not for the cream he let out i wouldn't have noticed i hit him. I stopped my car they man was laying on the street. I went over to him he was screaming in pain. I Help him out of the middle of the street on to the side walk. and called 911 told them what happened. with in 5 minutes they had cops and EMT's there. The EMT's attended to the man. after the rush i was feeling went down. I started to get nervous, The cop noticed the. sat me down told me not to worry i did the rite thing. I called helped they man and called 911 and stayed there.

by me doing that kept me out of jail and kept me from losing my DL .. mistakes happen in life. It how you deal with them.

This girl handled her mistake 100 percent wrong.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

yeah, but your situation was entirely different than this girl's

she's obviously done something other than accidently hit someone that was wearing all black and standing in the road.

witnesses say she jumped a curb during a 95-mph street race. that means murder charges.

or she wasn't racing but the car is stolen.... or both.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Thas what I was thinking the car has to be stolen for the driver to get out and run. I mean common sense (which some people lack obviously) if its your car and you run they will find you through DMV records. If the car isnt stolen and the driver opted to take off he/she is a moron and just asking for more charges to be filed.

Either way its tragic and senseless.. IMO if you can bearly control your car at normal speed your dumb **** shouldnt be street racing at excessive speeds.. I hope the driver is caught and they will be and I hope the judge throws the maximum sentence for each charges at the driver. The judge should make an example out of the driver..
Old 02-17-2007, 03:03 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

even if you can control your car at high speeds, yous houldn't be street racing. I mean really 95mph on the street. That's dangerous not matter how good of a driver you are, especially if/when it's not a closed off road (i.e. police close it off for street racing).
Old 02-17-2007, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

how many times do you have to tell people not to street race!
Old 02-17-2007, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude they just got out and ran?? thats stupid..
Old 02-17-2007, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

95 mph is manslaughter in CA iirc
Old 02-17-2007, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The problem here is her "mistake" was chosing to street race (that is if that is what she was really doing) which resulted in someone being killed. Even had she not run away, I still think she should be charged as harshly as possible. And that still wont be harsh enough.

If street racing and killing someone can be considered a "mistake", then under that thought process, people should get off easier for DUI/vehicular manslaughter since they just made the "mistake" of driving drunk.

She was and is an idiot and never deserves to drive again.

And I will say again, this is assuming she was indeed racing someone. But I would probably say the same if she was on the phone as well I think that should be equally illegal.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I completely agree with engifineer and what he said above, I think her license should be taken away for life. I dont agree with street racing just like everyone else doesnt.

I think people should excercise caution when driving I mean if your that determined to race somebody take it to the local track the next day. And as for the talking on the cell phone thing engifineer its is becoming illegal in some states already they have enacted hands free zones and you do get pulled over if caught on the phone while driving in those zones.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yep, more and more places are realizing how stupid it is to talk on the phone while driving. And while there are times it is less dangerous, like using a hands free on the interstate in light traffic, there is no real way to regulate when people chose to talk and when not to, which is why I think it should be totally illegal. I have full confidence it will be soon. The business unit of the company I work for as already moved that way themselves. You answer a business call on your cell while driving, they can terminate you immediately. Technically by their rules, unless someone else is in the car to answer it, it is supposed to be turned off while driving on a business trip.

I admit years ago I was guilty of talking on the phone every now and then while driving, but I got smart and stopped doing it. It really isnt worth the risk at all, and I have seen people do the dumbest things in a car and never even know it cause they had thier phone glued to thier ear. Not to mention I hate the mentality people have about them. They assume since you have cell, you should answer it anytime they call.. which is bs. I cant stand phones in resteraunts, stores at the check out line, cars, etc. I call people back when I get to a place where it is safe and not rude to do so.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

what a bunch of idiots...
Old 02-17-2007, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

3 things will happen...

They catch the driver.
The driver loses her license.
The 2 go to jail for murder
Old 02-17-2007, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm starting to think the tC was the guy's, and the girl was his 16 year old girlfriend or something, they probably just got done watching fast and the furious 2
Old 02-17-2007, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I agree it is rediculous how people now a days can not live without a cell phone and how they feel that every single incoming call is extremely important and must be answered.
I admit I answer my cell phone in public places but I also talk at a decible that is respectful, I cant stand when the person next to me is shouting to the person they are on the phone they are talking to as if I want to hear their conversation. I dont talk on the phone and drive I have confidence in myself on the road however I dont have confidence in others. There is enough moron drivers out there that dont talk on the phone and drive let alone the ones that do. I did hear somewhere that eventually it will become a state law everywhere that it will be illegal to talk and drive and I for 1 am in favor of that.

Statistics showed that last year more accidents were caused from people on their cell phones than any other car accident. Its rediculous.

Quick Reply: tC driver kills woman in hit and run