tC: the drivers car.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

Default tC: the drivers car.

To put it simply. The tC is a drivers car. The thing is just fun to drive and performance is great. The tC does things that honda owners gotta spend $$ to do. for instance.(had to add some flare for you lurking honda/accura trolls) Going 80 mph in 5th gear and you come up to a 90 degree turn. in a tC you can down shift one gear to 4th slow down to 25 mph and easily take the turn and press the accelerator with out down shifting and get back up to 80 in no time. a tC can drive fine at 1.5k rpm's in 5th gear and has a steady powerband.We really should put the tC vs. threads to bed. I mean its just getting way out of hand. I mean people are comparing the tC to cars that are waaaaaay above its class. I would not be suprised if next week i saw a tC vs Ferrari Enzo thread. Cars in the tC class are cars like. the n/a dodge neon. Hyundai sonata, 4 cyl tiburon, base civic, maybe a 4cyl accord. cars in the 16-20k range. The fact that the tC is being compared to cars even up in the 30k range says a lot for the car. The tC is a drivers car, fun to drive with a little bit of attitude and style. Great car.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: tC: the drivers car.

Originally Posted by TimmyT
To put it simply. The tC is a drivers car. The thing is just fun to drive and performance is great. The tC does things that honda owners gotta spend $$ to do. for instance.(had to add some flare for you lurking honda/accura trolls) Going 80 mph in 5th gear and you come up to a 90 degree turn. in a tC you can down shift one gear to 4th slow down to 25 mph and easily take the turn and press the accelerator with out down shifting and get back up to 80 in no time. a tC can drive fine at 1.5k rpm's in 5th gear and has a steady powerband.We really should put the tC vs. threads to bed. I mean its just getting way out of hand. I mean people are comparing the tC to cars that are waaaaaay above its class. I would not be suprised if next week i saw a tC vs Ferrari Enzo thread. Cars in the tC class are cars like. the n/a dodge neon. Hyundai sonata, tiburon, base civic, maybe a 4cyl accord. cars in the 16-20k range. The fact that the tC is being compared to cars even up in the 30k range says a lot for the car. The tC is a drivers car, fun to drive with a little bit of attitude and style. Great car.

but seriously the tc vs anything over $20k threads need to stop.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:32 AM
Banned
SL Member

Drivers cars are RWD or AWD and place value on light weight, performance and handling over soundproofing and gimmicky sunroofs.

The tC is a really nice car for the money. Drivers car, I think should be reserved for cars that are designed from the ground up for performance and poise. That doesn't really apply to a front heavy, overweight coupe with front wheel drive.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

a drivers car is any car you enjoy to drive. It doesn't have to go 0-60 mph in under 5 seconds to be considered a "Drivers car". and as for the bold segment in the quotes. a tC can do that no problem. i cruise at 25 mph in 4th gear quite often. and I don't need to shift to 5th gear til about 80mph.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a drivers car is any car you enjoy to drive. It doesn't have to go 0-60 mph in under 5 seconds to be considered a "Drivers car". and as for the bold segment in the quotes. a tC can do that no problem. i cruise at 25 mph in 4th gear quite often. and I don't need to shift to 5th gear til about 80mph.
anybody can cruise 25mph in 4th gear. as for 80mph i can do in 3rd gear. sure my engine will be roaring tho. but then i still have 3 more gears to play w/. ;)
Old 03-01-2005, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

but can you get up to 80 mph quickly in 4th gear starting at 25mph?
Old 03-01-2005, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but can you get up to 80 mph quickly in 4th gear starting at 25mph?
what the hell does that prove? that's like saying...."yeah, but can you beat me in reverse?" who the hell would punch it in 4th gear while only doing 25 mph? i would just downshift to 2nd and shift to 3rd doing 65mph. then shift to 4th already going past 80 mph.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

the point is. the tC doen't need to down shift below 4th gear to get up to 80 quickly. Makes it very easy to drive even for a manual transmission. very user friendly.. almost like windows '98 even with fast .23 shift times. thats almost a whole second of shifting. where as the tc has 0 seconds spent shifting.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Who cares? The tC is limited at under 130mph and has a suspension that's geared more toward the comfort of daily driving than performance driving with none of the higher technology of a real "drivers car" like auto-adjusting struts or electronically controlled struts.

The tC is not a drivers car... if you think that ANY sport compact is a drivers car, then obviously you haven't driven a "drivers car" before.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the point is. the tC doen't need to down shift below 4th gear to get up to 80 quickly. Makes it very easy to drive even for a manual transmission. very user friendly.. almost like windows '98
ooooooookay......congrats

on the bolded text.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

Originally Posted by i64X
Who cares? The tC is limited at under 130mph and has a suspension that's geared more toward the comfort of daily driving than performance driving with none of the higher technology of a real "drivers car" like auto-adjusting struts or electronically controlled struts.

The tC is not a drivers car... if you think that ANY sport compact is a drivers car, then obviously you haven't driven a "drivers car" before.
I said the performance of the tC was great. I didn't compare the tC to any cars like a ferrari enzo or anything. You stated your self that the tC is geard toward the comfort of daily driving. Not EVERYONE buys a car and wants to do 200 mph on the freeway. The tC has the sunroof. reclining rear seats. Full recline front seats. ALL to make the driver enjoy driving the tC. I didn't name this thread tC:THE FORMULA 1 DRIVERS WET DREAM! I said it was a fun car to drive with a little attitude and style. I also said that a car doesn't need to do 0-60 mph in under 5 seconds to be a "Drivers Car" The car is comfortable and fun to drive.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rsx_freak79
anybody can cruise 25mph in 4th gear. as for 80mph i can do in 3rd gear. sure my engine will be roaring tho. but then i still have 3 more gears to play w/. ;)
Real men have 10 gears and 18 wheels
Old 03-01-2005, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with the dude that made this thread... taste is subjective. The rest of you have no original opinions. Legendary race car drivers don't all own the same cars and moreso they don't all prefer the same car. Sure, they probably aren't trying to hop into a tC for their cruising around, but that's not to say it can't be considered a joy to drive and perhaps to someone, the most enjoyable car they could own.

To the rest of you, what is it that makes a driver's car? HP stats? Torque, f/r weight distribution...? It's a subjective issue.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The TC is a great car for the money. I love it, it's like a cadillac compared to my old 95 civic dx. This thread is just about a guy who really likes his car... don't turn it into anything else please
Old 03-01-2005, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by i64X

I've known several people that considered some of the older sports cars to be their favorites... these had none of this electronically controlled bs.

HyperZ - WIN
That Other Dude - LOSE

Ok, I'm gonna go do something with my life now.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That was an example... some of the best cars in the world were made before power steering or brakes... but he was talking about all of these "features that Honda boys gotta spend $ to do"

The tC is a very nice car, which is why I bought one, but it's by no means an engineering or technological marvel.... nor a "drivers car."
Old 03-01-2005, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HyperZ
Real men have 10 gears and 18 wheels
and that man will get smoked by any car out there.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nchyflyer
The TC is a great car for the money. I love it, it's like a cadillac compared to my old 95 civic dx. This thread is just about a guy who really likes his car... don't turn it into anything else please
yeah, he said he really likes his car but he also called me a troll.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:37 AM
5 Year Member

OK, so now that many of us have exhauted the tC vs. xx.
Let's put a spin on it, how bout the tC vs. anything you want.............IN REVERSE!!!!

Old 03-01-2005, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nchyflyer
yeah, he said he really likes his car but he also called me a troll.
just out of curiosity.... why ARE you on these forums so much? haha.

Quick Reply: tC: the drivers car.