2005-2010 [ANT10]

is tc real build by japan?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by eumylove
TC was designed by maserati and made in Japan.
I think that's bad information. Maserati did help Chrysler design the "Chrysler TC by Maserati". Which was a horrible car by the way.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:00 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

incorrect as previously stated... i have no idea where you got that information from, it was another car for Chrysler...

The XB and the XA are models that Japan was selling before scion even came out.
TRUE! the Toyota bB and ist respectively

They are made 100 percent in Japan which means 100 percent reliablity.
100% reliabilty? just because it was made in Japan? ok.. i can vouch that it's true for the most part... but i can't say it's 100%... it's mostly in part to it being made by Toyota that brings the reliabilty aspect.... I mean... you have hondas made in japan too.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart

are you serious? "I'll believe ya when me sh*t turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet." -Super Troopers
Never heard of the rumored 250 hp Scion coupe?

It's supposedly Toyota's shot at the JDM Integra Type-S.

If it's a shot at the Integra, it's got to be a JDM car right? They're probably not going to be bringing the tC to Japan so it'll probably be the next generation Celica.

Originally Posted by On Edmunds.com 8/12, they
WHISPERS: Toyota Planning New 250-hp Scion tC
Date Posted 08-11-2005

TOKYO — The grapevine in Japan is whispering about a hot, new 250-horsepower pure sport coupe from Toyota, coming next year, which would also double as a new Celica in Japan.

Japan's moles say they've uncovered secret plans for a new pure sport coupe from Toyota, apparently based around the Scion tC. The unnamed model, due in 2006, has 2.4-liter power, like the tC, yet is good for a reputed 250 horsepower.

Toyota is aiming at Honda's stellar Integra Type R (the more exotic, faster version of America's Acura RSX). And the idea would also be to inject some extra speed and enthusiast muscle into the tC.

America will soon bid farewell to the Celica, so this new 250-hp sport coupe would be a welcome replacement. Across in Japan, the talk is Toyota would rebadge it as the eighth-generation Celica.

While the Celica as we know it is 1.8-liter, the story goes that this new model would jump up to a special high-performance 2.0-liter motor, which may be called 2AZ-GE.

What this means to you: Biggest problem with Scion? No power. Thus, this super tC sounds super-cool; let's hope it makes it into the showrooms here.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kungpaosamuraiii

are you serious? "I'll believe ya when me sh*t turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet." -Super Troopers

If it's a shot at the Integra, it's got to be a JDM car right? They're probably not going to be bringing the tC to Japan so it'll probably be the next generation Celica.

Date Posted 08-11-2005

TOKYO — The grapevine in Japan is whispering about a hot, new 250-horsepower pure sport coupe from Toyota, coming next year, which would also double as a new Celica in Japan.

Japan's moles say they've uncovered secret plans for a new pure sport coupe from Toyota, apparently based around the Scion tC. The unnamed model, due in 2006, has 2.4-liter power, like the tC, yet is good for a reputed 250 horsepower.

Toyota is aiming at Honda's stellar Integra Type R (the more exotic, faster version of America's Acura RSX). And the idea would also be to inject some extra speed and enthusiast muscle into the tC.

America will soon bid farewell to the Celica, so this new 250-hp sport coupe would be a welcome replacement. Across in Japan, the talk is Toyota would rebadge it as the eighth-generation Celica.

While the Celica as we know it is 1.8-liter, the story goes that this new model would jump up to a special high-performance 2.0-liter motor, which may be called 2AZ-GE.

What this means to you: Biggest problem with Scion? No power. Thus, this super tC sounds super-cool; let's hope it makes it into the showrooms here.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Hope this helps
i think your a little confused
Old 12-15-2005, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gjpjr84
Hope this helps
i think your a little confused
he is also a noob
Old 12-15-2005, 05:46 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

oh i've heard of it... and just because it's shooting at the integra means it's JDM?? right.....

Date Posted 08-11-2005

really.. so the same exact tC we have is going to be a JDM celica? i don't see that in the report... though based on the scion tC, it does not specify it being one. thus your previously stated rumor is invalid. please get your facts straight before stating something. (how else do you think that one poster got the "designed by Maserati" from? it was invalid statements without proper facts.) thank you for trying though. that announcement is old news to me.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Never heard of the rumored 250 hp Scion coupe? It's supposedly Toyota's shot at the JDM Integra Type-S. If it's a shot at the Integra, it's got to be a JDM car right? They're probably not going to be bringing the tC to Japan so it'll probably be the next generation Celica. oh i've heard of it... and just because it's shooting at the integra means it's JDM?? right..... Edmunds.com 8/12, they"]WHISPERS: Toyota Planning New 250-hp Scion tC Date Posted 08-11-2005 TOKYO — The grapevine in Japan is whispering about a hot, new 250-horsepower pure sport coupe from Toyota, coming next year, which would also double as a new Celica in Japan. Japan's moles say they've uncovered secret plans for a new pure sport coupe from Toyota, apparently based around the Scion tC. The unnamed model, due in 2006, has 2.4-liter power, like the tC, yet is good for a reputed 250 horsepower. Toyota is aiming at Honda's stellar Integra Type R (the more exotic, faster version of America's Acura RSX). And the idea would also be to inject some extra speed and enthusiast muscle into the tC. America will soon bid farewell to the Celica, so this new 250-hp sport coupe would be a welcome replacement. Across in Japan, the talk is Toyota would rebadge it as the eighth-generation Celica. While the Celica as we know it is 1.8-liter, the story goes that this new model would jump up to a special high-performance 2.0-liter motor, which may be called 2AZ-GE. What this means to you: Biggest problem with Scion? No power. Thus, this super tC sounds super-cool; let's hope it makes it into the showrooms here. really.. so the same exact tC we have is going to be a JDM celica? i don't see that in the report... though based on the scion tC, it does not specify it being one. thus your previously stated rumor is invalid. please get your facts straight before stating something. (how else do you think that one poster got the "designed by Maserati" from? it was invalid statements without proper facts.) thank you for trying though. that announcement is old news to me.
huh? thou dost protest too much. pwned comes to mind.

jk i swear.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What I think will happen...

Rumor has it Toyota has a Corolla hatchback with all-wheel drive turbo at around 250 hp that won't come here...as a Toyota. This could fall under the scion model.

Also the Celica is still being made elsewhere in the world, and an 8th generation is now due. I could also see this coming to the usdm under Scion. I can see a tuned version of the 2az-fe for the Celica. 2az-fe with vvti-l with slightly lower compression on compared to the previous celica gt-s so it runs on regular gas. As long as it has over 190 hp AND 160 of torque AND is under 2700, it would be an extremely balanced and agile car.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh i've heard of it... and just because it's shooting at the integra means it's JDM?? right.....

really.. so the same exact tC we have is going to be a JDM celica? i don't see that in the report... though based on the scion tC, it does not specify it being one. thus your previously stated rumor is invalid. please get your facts straight before stating something. (how else do you think that one poster got the "designed by Maserati" from? it was invalid statements without proper facts.) thank you for trying though. that announcement is old news to me.
I don't think anyone pwned anyone... It's really just a rumor.

I know what you're saying and I didn't mean to bellicose in the nature of my post.

It's really just a rumor.

See, the report says ^^ that. But that reports what was explicitly 'leaked' and from there, people twist the story a little bit and that's how it became the story of the tC being the next JDM Celica.

Anyways, there's no way a rumor can be invalid. A rumor is a rumor - what it isn't is truth.

That report talks about the next Celica being aimed at the JDM Integra. If it said the next Celica would be aimed at the RSX then it wouldn't have to be a JDM tC becoming the Celica (this is getting convoluted.) The report also says the next ITR killer from Toyota would possibly be an upgrade on the 2AZ to have a GE head. It also says a killer coupe based on the tC. The xA and xB is said to be "based on" the iST and bB, respectively (as they're not exact clones.. almost, but a left driver conversion you know?) so it would only make sense for the next Celica to be a right driver tC.

It makes sense doesn't it? It's not necessarily true.

Again, just rumors.

I have to ask you now to get your facts straight. It's not really facts though, so much as nomenclature. I don't ask you to believe that the tC will be the next JDM Celica. I only ask you to consider that it could be.

Anyways, there are some parts that you forgot to bold:

Date Posted 08-11-2005

Toyota is aiming at Honda's stellar Integra Type R [This is evidence that if the new coupe is a rebadged tC - it'd be a JDM model aimed at another JDM model. No car ever was meant to compete with another car not sold in the same nation](the more exotic, faster version of America's Acura RSX). And the idea would also be to inject some extra speed and enthusiast muscle into the tC.

So don't discount that it could be. By all means, be skeptical. Skepticism is often a good thing, but don't forget to be open-minded too.

Eh, you're Viet? FREEDOM! (I hope you know the next line?)
Old 12-15-2005, 06:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by surfcity40
Never heard of the rumored 250 hp Scion coupe? It's supposedly Toyota's shot at the JDM Integra Type-S. If it's a shot at the Integra, it's got to be a JDM car right? They're probably not going to be bringing the tC to Japan so it'll probably be the next generation Celica. oh i've heard of it... and just because it's shooting at the integra means it's JDM?? right..... Edmunds.com 8/12, they"]WHISPERS: Toyota Planning New 250-hp Scion tC Date Posted 08-11-2005 TOKYO — The grapevine in Japan is whispering about a hot, new 250-horsepower pure sport coupe from Toyota, coming next year, which would also double as a new Celica in Japan. Japan's moles say they've uncovered secret plans for a new pure sport coupe from Toyota, apparently based around the Scion tC. The unnamed model, due in 2006, has 2.4-liter power, like the tC, yet is good for a reputed 250 horsepower. Toyota is aiming at Honda's stellar Integra Type R (the more exotic, faster version of America's Acura RSX). And the idea would also be to inject some extra speed and enthusiast muscle into the tC. America will soon bid farewell to the Celica, so this new 250-hp sport coupe would be a welcome replacement. Across in Japan, the talk is Toyota would rebadge it as the eighth-generation Celica. While the Celica as we know it is 1.8-liter, the story goes that this new model would jump up to a special high-performance 2.0-liter motor, which may be called 2AZ-GE. What this means to you: Biggest problem with Scion? No power. Thus, this super tC sounds super-cool; let's hope it makes it into the showrooms here. really.. so the same exact tC we have is going to be a JDM celica? i don't see that in the report... though based on the scion tC, it does not specify it being one. thus your previously stated rumor is invalid. please get your facts straight before stating something. (how else do you think that one poster got the "designed by Maserati" from? it was invalid statements without proper facts.) thank you for trying though. that announcement is old news to me.
huh? thou dost protest too much. pwned comes to mind.

jk i swear.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:02 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

really... is that necessary? you're doing nothing more than adding fuel to a fire. no one is wrong nor right. except perhaps you who just love to post and have nothing to add relevant to the topic.

rumors will be rumors... and though it may or may not have some truth to it, it really is dependant on the person interpreting it to believe it or not. i am sorry if the nature of my post came out as hostile as well... just trying to get across my opinion. and the initial "rainbow sherbet" quote was more meant to be comedic than attacking.

I don't think anyone pwned anyone... It's really just a rumor.

I know what you're saying and I didn't mean to bellicose in the nature of my post.

It's really just a rumor.

So don't discount that it could be. By all means, be skeptical. Skepticism is often a good thing, but don't forget to be open-minded too.
sometimes we forget that there exists an ounce of hope for some things. others i have given up on. we'll just have to see in the upcoming years what's going to happen.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think some people are thinking that Toyota is just going to take a TC, swap the engine and throw a CELICA badge on it. Which could be possible, but I doubt it.

Think of it this way...the Volvo S40 is BASED on the Mazda6 platform. It doesn't mean they took a 6 and threw some Volvo badges on it...it just shares the same base. It seems more likely this is what Toyota will do w/ the Celica.

But my question is this: IF the Celica is a re-badged TC, does that mean no more Celica's at all in the US? Would Toyota really bank on the TC being the replacement for US? (I know they have plans for this already...but that's like Chevy saying the SSR is a replacement for the Camaro. Wrong!). I'm trying to think of other car companies that might have a situation with 2 models that are similar. I guess the Skyline/G35 is the closest. Do you think Toyota would really take a chance on 'elimnating' a name-brand that is extremely popular in this market and bank on a new one?
Old 12-16-2005, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry for the mis infor on the TC designer.
I got the insurance coverage by Geico and it said that it was designed by masarti
Old 12-16-2005, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by BlkSandPrlTurbotC
already said it dsaint. read my past couple posts

oh my bad
Old 12-16-2005, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha it's all good bro!
Old 12-16-2005, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You know the scion tC platform isn't the best platform to design a true sports coupe. It's heavy and unbalanced. However I see a new trend in small car manufacturing nowadays. Even the new Civic Si is going to be significantly more heavy than its predecessors. Probably due to the safety features designed into the new Civics.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ShaolinSuckerPunch
Think of it this way...the Volvo S40 is BASED on the Mazda6 platform.
Mazda3 == S40
Mazda6 == Fusion/Milan
Old 12-17-2005, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

and our tC is based off of the toyota Avensis.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry for the mis infor on the TC designer.
I got the insurance coverage by Geico and it said that it was designed by masarti
Geico is right...the Chrysler TC is designed and built by Maserati:

Not to be confused with the Toyota Scion tC. State Farm classifies my xB as Toyota Scion xB.

Quick Reply: is tc real build by japan?