2005-2010 [ANT10]

tC road trips, list them!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tC road trips, list them!

This could be fun, play along if you like.

The first trip was to Gatlinburg Tn for Boxed in the smokies. (an xb meet that I've been putting on for the last 4 years). This was about a 4-5 hour drive with out traffic, but took around 6 hours because of all the traffic jams. As far as the car was (nearly stock) I had no complaints from it. Except for maybe that clutch didn't like stop and go interstate mountain traffic. All I had done to the car at that point was a K&N intake and Raceland exhaust. But no complaints, as the exhaust is quiet enough on the highway not to be heard with the radio at normal volume. (40 using MP3. lol)

Now I am headed out to the Mid West from Cincinnati to Baxter Springs Kansas to explore pre-60s travel life. RT 66 here I come! (leaving Thursday August 23, 2012) I'll be making this trip with a little more done to the car, so will be interesting to see how it does now. Currently I'm on raceland coilovers (all the way down), raceland exhaust, trd intake, trd fogs, and stripped rear interior. However I will be putting the spare tire back in for this trip, just in case!

I'll snap some pics along the way and update here...

Post some of your road trips taken in your tc.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

No Pics but...

From Pittsburgh, PA to Lexington, OH for Scion Exposed
Phoenix, AZ to Roswell, NM for Scion Alien National car show
Phoenix, AZ to San Bernadino, CA for Best of the West car show

I will be doing many roads trips in the near future once I redo my suspension. Can't get it out of my driveway at the moment without boards, so it's definitely not at a good ride height for a road trip lol.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My grandmothers house. Took me at least 6 mins.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No pics that are worth sharing but i have done the following trips while having about an inch of clearance under my car

Rochester, NY to Atlantic City, NJ (6 hours one way, did this two times)
Rochester, NY to Adirondacks, NY (5 1/2 hours on way, have done this 3 times)
Rochester, NY to Niagara Falls Canada (1 1/2 hours, done this 9-10 times)
Rochester, NY to PA border to deliver wheels (4-5 hours done this 2 times)
Old 08-23-2012, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

ive got no pics but

Decatur, IL to Memphis, TN 6.5 hours(i've done this 4 times now)
Decatur, IL to Cedar Rapids, IA about 5 hours
Decatur, IL to Columbus, OH about 8 hours
Decatur, IL to Chicago- 3-4 hours done at least 30 times
Decatur to Kaukauna, WI 7.5 hours
Decatur to STL 2.5 hours about 5 x's
Decatur to Indianapolis- 3 hours about 8 times

and many many 2 hour trips within illinois from decatur. just about to hit 50k and i think 90% is actually all highway (which is the only reason i still have not cracked my bumper lol)
Old 08-24-2012, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just rolled in about 5 hours ago to baxter springs KS from Cincinnati...

what I've learned... Our roads suck. Only STL was worse than Cincinnati. Everything else was smooth as glass...
About 5 dudes in IL thought my car was on air...
I can get 32 mpg on the interstate with out the rear seat.
STL sucks.

Here's how I'm riding around. Maxed on racelands (with out pulling perches). People in this town stare more than they do in my home town. But then again, we don't have many dirt roads, so to ride this low around here, is probably the dumbest thing you can do. Seriously do you have to be royalty to have paved roads in MO? Da hell?
Old 08-24-2012, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

^^if you want good stl roads you need to drive around lake of the ozarks...i've only had our corporate fleet cars through there but they're nice and smooth... illinois and arkansas roads make stl roads look perfect lol
Old 08-24-2012, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh I plan to explore the MO roads to STL via Route 66. Not sure how it's gonna go, but I'm giving it my all... Top Gear Challenge: Drive your slammed car down route 66...

Found this restored Phillips 66 station that was converted into the town museum. Pretty cool area. Wish I didn't have to go home.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ sweet picture!
Old 08-25-2012, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks. Thankfully that was before I went driving down Kansas and Oklahoma dirt roads, and only had about 600 miles on my car. lol.

But 1500+ miles on all types of paved, semi paved, non-paved roads and no problems to report. Very pleased with how the tc did the last 48 hours. I was expecting when I hit the lock button on my remote every thing with a hinge on it to burst open with steam and smoke pouring out like a cartoon. But nope. Car took the abuse with out any signs of weakness. Also got lots of complements on my car, and how nuts I am to be driving around that low. The normal comment was "wow, that looks nice, how do you drive that low?" And my reply was typically "thanks, I wish it was lower." But honestly, I was too low for many sections of rt66. And scraped the crap out of my s-pipe, bumper, and rubbed my fender liners pretty good.

I really look forward to hearing other peoples long distances trips. And some of their experiences with towns far away from their own. I personally fell in love with the Mid West. Yes the interstate is boring, but the little towns along state routes, and rt66 have so much charm of the days before interstates.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gonna be driving down from Seattle to LA (~20 hr drive) in a few weeks with rokkor coils. This is gonna be fun
Old 08-26-2012, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cobija
Gonna be driving down from Seattle to LA (~20 hr drive) in a few weeks with rokkor coils. This is gonna be fun
My friend Lewis just moved to Seattle from Cincinnati, and drove the entire trip in a 78 BMW 3 series... I think you'll be fine! lol.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:04 PM

Default Vegas to Seattle 1,280 miles and 1,210 miles

Just under 24 hours each way with sleep. hahaha. No real pics of the trip. I was working on just knocking it out as quickly as possible. My biggest complaints from the trip? Transmission gearing could have helped with MPG's and the long distances between gas stations. I passed a gas station when I had a half tank. 100 miles later I was at a quarter tank. Nearest gas station? 98.7 miles. I rolled in on fumes. Light had been on for about 35 miles. hahahah. Glad most of that was downhill in neutral or I'd have been effed.

On my way back I took a different route to help with the gas station issue. Once I passed through Portland and got about 5 miles out, I saw a road work sign: "Road Work next 273 miles" followed by "Traffic fines double in work zones".

I almost cried. I changed routes about 60 miles later.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

First trip I took went Denver > SF Bay Area > LA > Vegas. That trip was so much fun, it was in the middle of December. I've taken it to the Scikotics Asylum Scion car shows from '08-'11, three times in Tulsa, OK and the fourth in Eureka Springs, AR. Following the speed limit on these trips, the MPGs were in the 33-36 range.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

first road trip was a 9 hour trip from Jersey to my parent's summer house in Maine. Averaged 29-32 MPG on the way there and while I was there.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristinamoro/8016465972/http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristinamoro/8016465972/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/kristinamoro/, on Flickr

and in two weeks, I'll be taking a 12 hour trip to the Tail of the Dragon
Old 09-25-2012, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

here's my mini road trip up into the mountains of Angeles National forest in Socal. Did some camping with the tC and the girlfriend lol

Name:  DSCN0339.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  237.5 KB
Old 10-01-2012, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

From Hampton, VA to Virginia Beach, VA to sell the piece of crap.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Syracuse, NY to Eagleville, PA, to Mount Laurel, NJ, back to Syracuse, NY. It was for work, but always exciting to take a trip in the tC.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No pics but I've driven from New Orleans to Detroit and back several times now in my tC. I love having quality time with the car, but after the first 8 hours the exhaust noise starts to get pretty old lol
Old 11-30-2012, 07:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just finished my fifth trip from Seattle, WA to AL.. 7k round trip..with 3in ground clearances, tucked on coils. what a trip.

Quick Reply: tC road trips, list them!