2005-2010 [ANT10]

tC Sciontist - Officially in the "owners" club

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tC Sciontist - Officially in the "owners" club

I know this is a silly post we see everytime we get our tC, but I figured I had to continue with the tradition and do it

SW tC
Auto (I live in Cali, stick would have been cool, BUT realistically a dumb idea)
Interior Lighting LED's Blue
Floormats
Scion Security
Leather Seats (Dealer auto does them)

I will be able to pick it up Wed-Thurs this week

Here's my little story about the purchase:
I put in my order for IIP last monday. ETA went from 4-6 weeks up to 8-12 weeks since no one in cali has IIP. My dealer called me each time they got in tC's just incase I didnt want to wait and if anything I liked came in. So he called me today around 4 PM, and I figured I didnt have anything else to do and business was a little slow so Id take the 15 min drive over. I get there and he wanted to show me something about the IIP. Basically how much the paint scratched. He showed me a different model but still IIP that came off the delivery truck and already was ruined by scratch marks. He took a towel to it and it left marks. I didnt like the way it showed all the scratch marks when the sun reflected off of it. So now I was interested in the other colors. So we went around the lot and checked out the SW and FM. Now my friend has an FM and granted I think the car is sick at night, it has a green tint do it during the day I cant stand (no offense anyone). SW was my 2nd choice anyways so I was pretty much set on it. Right after we checked it out the FM got sold, and he said to me, "Look I dont care if ur going to buy this car or not, BUT if you are interested and want to talk to your dad about it, tell me now and I am going to go hide this car." I said yes and called my dad, then ran back home to pick him up and come back. He hid the car in the back of the lot, but one of the other dealers was workin on the sale as well! So we get back and this other dealer was ready to sell! My guy stepped in and said, I was already working with these guys, they gave me their credit info over the phone on the way up here, and I have their check already! w00t! The other guy got ____ed cuz he was ready to pay with a check right then and there too! But we squeezed in by the knuckles and got it! So now I am just waiting for the dealer to install the leather, and the interior lighting and its all set

Im really excited now because for one I dont have to wait 8 weeks! But after seeing the IIP scratches I would totally have regretted my purchase when it came in! But thats all I wanted to say! Ill try and get some pics up here once it comes in, and whatnot but I had to share my excitement with everyone. Ive been a member with SL since beginning of this summer and have only been able to drool over everyone elses tC. So I am now a member of the CLUB! I wanted to say that ScionLife.com played a giant factor in my purchasing this vehicle. If it werent for everyones quick responses to peoples questions, and being able to browse through the forums and learn about this car I wouldnt have taken the same interest!

Well I think Ive talked enough now, I am going to shut up before I keep going again

tC Sciontist
Peter
Old 02-04-2005, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just picked up my ride... SO NICE OMG! Going out in like 10 mins, since this sexy car already got me a hot date Ill post some pics tomorrow when I can get some good lighting! whhhhhhooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooo!
Old 02-04-2005, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: tC Sciontist - Officially in the "owners" club

(I live in Cali, stick would have been cool, BUT realistically a dumb idea)

congrats. I was almost crying (out of sheer joy) on my way to work the day after I bought my car.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey, congrats on finally getting your car. enjoy
Old 02-04-2005, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by tC Sciontist
Just picked up my ride... SO NICE OMG! Going out in like 10 mins, since this sexy car already got me a hot date Ill post some pics tomorrow when I can get some good lighting! whhhhhhooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooo!
Give her a tour of your "comfort seating" arrangement.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

back seats down, put a mat on dat!!
Old 02-04-2005, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

congrats!! i cant wait till i buy mine. its all i ever think about.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Congrats, Peter!!!
Me too, just got mine on 1/26....love it love it love it... even AFTER owning an '04 Vette!!
Scion's are awesome... I laugh at my hubs Civic - ain't nothin' next to a tC!!
Old 02-04-2005, 05:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You guys wont be dissapointed! I honestly, was a little afriad getting behind the wheel of such a low car, and double the horsepower of my old family "van". It was a little nerveracking driving it home from the dealer, between the excitement of owning my first car, and not having driven one in a long time (last test drive was maybe in Sept ish), but I took my brother out all night and we just drove around to get used to it, and the little guy (hes 14 :p) couldnt get over how cool the LED lights are! Personally, I think that the cup holder lights were a little weak (Im looking at some Varad lights to pump up the power), but all in all... Just damn... Its great, you wont be dissapointed in your purchase!

Coming off of driving a '93 Toyota Previa which was dented in the front (my mom ran it into a light pole or something in a parking lot ) I always felt like such a dork if I rolled down the windows and pumped up the tunes. Tonight alone, I probably had like 20 cuties checkin me (well... probably my car) out! Everyone turns their head like, "Damn thats a cool car! What is that! I havent seen that before!" Its great to get the attention. My family loves it, and my friends are all begging me to drive them around in it. I love having an MP3 CD player (granted Ill prob be replacing it with the Ecplise AVN 2454 soon) but its awesome throwing all my favorite songs on 1 CD! I printed out a playlist in WinAmp and I can tune in to whatever I want whenever I want! The custom leather from the dealer is REALLY nice, I wasnt that into it when my dad wanted to put it in, but now I think it grips better then the stock cloth, and is ALOT more comfortable. Well, tomorrow after school, I am going to be posting some pics up here, so you can all see it!

Itll look even better when my ScionLife.com personalized liscense plate comes in, along with the 2 side stickers... Still waiting on those
Old 02-04-2005, 12:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You wouldn't be saying that about leather if you were here in Michigan...leather freezes ur butt. Don't get into any accidents or you'll be banned! lol
Old 02-04-2005, 02:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Congrats- I bought the SW, too. I've always hated white cars, but when I saw the tC in SW, I thought it was downright stunning. The black glass top compliments the white so well. The lines on all tCs are just so clean and beautiful, but I think the SW is the cream of the crop. Just my opinion- but again, congrats.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Hearing the stories about IIP scratching easily is scary. I just ordered my IIP. Lie to me.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome!

JeniQ, All Scion paint is very thin. My car has hairlines all over it now adays...
Old 02-04-2005, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Kaeon
Welcome!

JeniQ, All Scion paint is very thin. My car has hairlines all over it now adays...
That's not lying!!! i said LIE to me!!!
Old 02-04-2005, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member

I just got my ride 2 days ago...so far so good. Got a few things I need to look up...(1) the "rubber plugs", which I found some info in this forum, but nothing useful/make sense. I will have to do some investigation myself. (2) just installed the wheel locks myself, but I could find the Torque Spec for the nuts. I guess I will have to look harder. If anyone of you know, please let me know. Thanks.

Finally, I feel I belong...btw, isn't it supposed to be "Scionist" as supposed to "ScionTist"...maybe that "t" is for tC. :-)
Old 02-04-2005, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

btw, isn't it supposed to be "Scionist" as supposed to "ScionTist"...
ummmm... If I had to guess, I'd say "ScionTist" is a play on the word scientist...

I actually thought it was quite clever.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PMDJoe
btw, isn't it supposed to be "Scionist" as supposed to "ScionTist"...
ummmm... If I had to guess, I'd say "ScionTist" is a play on the word scientist...

I actually thought it was quite clever.
bingo
Old 02-25-2006, 08:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

REALLY!!! IIP scratches easily!!! NOOoooooooooo...

I am going to get Nautical Blue, how is this paint color? I don't wanna drive around with hella scratches.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

take car of your car and wax it. you shouldn't have any problems. I have not noticed any of the colors scratching or chipping any worse than the other colors. don't worry about that.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

All newer paints seem to be a little more prone to scratches due to the more environmentally-freiendly formulas now.
It's that way for every make now, I believe.

Scott

Quick Reply: tC Sciontist - Officially in the "owners" club