2005-2010 [ANT10]

tCs have arrived at Southeast dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tCs have arrived at Southeast dealerships

I called several dealers in Atlanta, Athens, and Savannah all got their first (and only) tC today. I went to one here in Atlanta, the salesman said they just recived it 2 hours ago, it was silver, auto. It had already sold, but me and 2 other guys, and 4 salesmen were all sitting in it and messing with it.

I am going down to Savannah this weekend, hopefully they will still have one there I can test drive. BTW, I am 6'3" 215 lbs and the tC had plenty of room inside for me, both front and back. After adjusting the seat, I had lots of room all around, leg room was great. Even when I sat the seat all the way up (I only recline it a notch or two) I still had an inch or two, which is about the same as my old Camry. Even the back seat had enough leg room for me, my knees barley touched the drivers seat, even when it was all the way back. My barley hair touched the celing some in the back (same as my friends four door civic), with it all the way up, with the back seat reclined an inch or two, there was enough head room for anybody. All car felt very solid, nothing including the sunroof shades and the stereo cover felt very cheap to me.

Cannot wait for a true test drive. :D
Old 06-25-2004, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It weird how people have such very differnet opinions. You are 6'3' and say te tC had pleanty of room. Others are under 6' and say it's cramped. I'm 6'3" as well, so I hope your right. I let you know my opinion of Ol' Mass ever gets a tC. I hoping this weekend but probably not.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Toyota/Scion of Greenville (SC) got their ONE tC.
The salesman emailed me and told me that.... it is a indigo Ink Auto
and for sale.

then he adds that it is .... get this $19,000 MSRP
but the only extra fee would be tax and tags at about $528....

$19K :?: I didn't get the list of options on it, but It better have leather and a navigation system at that price.... oh wait, thats right, no nav.... guess you would have to go get the Mazda 3s for the same price including a Navigation system.... 19k is ridiculous.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Originally Posted by CU_rob
and for sale.

$19K :?: I didn't get the list of options on it, but It better have leather and a navigation system at that price.... oh wait, thats right, no nav.... guess you would have to go get the Mazda 3s for the same price including a Navigation system.... 19k is ridiculous.
I would report him to Scion if he is marking it up like that...very shady...
Old 06-25-2004, 12:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by eugovector
It weird how people have such very differnet opinions. You are 6'3' and say te tC had pleanty of room. Others are under 6' and say it's cramped. I'm 6'3" as well, so I hope your right. I let you know my opinion of Ol' Mass ever gets a tC. I hoping this weekend but probably not.
I am used to riding in Civics and Camrys, To me the room seemesd fine, maybe I am used to cramped space or something. Those who are used to the space of an SUV or the xB may have a hard time with the tC. I think the tC had more room (front and back) then the Civic, I Sat in an new Accord coupe a few weeks ago, it was about as big as the tC.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Definately forward the email to scion. That's super shady and he's either trying to rip you off (_______) or he knows nothing about the car he's selling (idiot). Either way, save another scion customer from having to deal with this guy.

However, do make sure that he wasn't adding in any options, which, if the car is fresh off the truck, we all know should not have any options on it except for side airbags which are only $600 bringing total to $18,000. Once again, shady.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

:twisted:
Old 06-25-2004, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That makes sense to me. As great as the tC sounds, I will not buy one without a test drive. Would dealers rather sell ONE extra car that week, or add 10 people to their waiting list every week they have one to test drive. In my opinion, I wouldn't trust that a dealer knows what they are doing if they sold me that last tC on their lot.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:24 PM
Banned
SL Member

yea 5'7 here and i feel crammped...blue tC in fort lauderdale......
Old 06-25-2004, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
More so than in an xA? In what way did you feel cramped?
Old 06-25-2004, 01:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
What is your current car? If it is a big SUV, I would agree. If it is a car the size of the tC then I don't see where you are coming from.

Kevin
Old 06-25-2004, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im 6'2 the seating was fine
Old 06-25-2004, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and for sale.

Ok, so he emailed me back after I asked what additional options were on it...
ToyoGuard, Mudguards, floor mats, spoiler, keyless, sport pedals (and automatic transmission)

To me, all that stuff does NOT equal the difference between 16,500 and 19,000... maybe by Scion prices, but not in my book.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, it's an auto so you're actually looking at 17,300.

Mats are $145. Tell him to take them out. Very simple.
Sport pedals - $80, same deal, take them off.
I have no idea what toyo guard is.
Keyless entry is standard. $0
Mudguards are screwed on, so he may be reluctant to remove those. Don't know what those cost.

Point is, double check his math. If he is still trying to screw you, report him. If he's legit with scion pricing, but won't pull out a $150 set of floormats, report him. the only way scion pure pricing is going to work is if we hold dealers responsible. Whether it's unwanted accessories or BS doc fees, hold them accountable.

For once in the history of car sales, the advantage is actually on the side of the consumer.
Old 06-26-2004, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah just for the record, 6'5 here. test drove my first tC today. fit fine. I love it. Mine should be in within days.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and for sale.

Ok, so he emailed me back after I asked what additional options were on it...
ToyoGuard, Mudguards, floor mats, spoiler, keyless, sport pedals (and automatic transmission)

To me, all that stuff does NOT equal the difference between 16,500 and 19,000... maybe by Scion prices, but not in my book.
OK, update.
Went to Scion of Mrytle Beach this weekend and drove their indigo ink auto... guess what EXACTLY the same equipment.... their price was 19,134.00
Damn these doc fees... damn them to hell. Pure pricing my A$$!!!!!!!!!!
You can go the the scion "build your own" section of the website and I entered different zip codes from around the state... doc fees from $199, $299, and one $589!!!
This is ridiculous. Scion needs to regulate doc fees...
The sales guy at MB told me that if they changed the doc fee for me he would have to go and refund all of his toyota customers too... I told him, then guess what, you won't get my sale, and I will make sure that anyone that comes to Scionlife knows how high your doc fee is....
We need to start a regional doc fee posting so that everyone can shop around.
Other than that, the auto drove like a dream...but wanted to drive a manual :?
Old 06-28-2004, 12:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If it make syou feel better, I will be telling everyone about doc fees as well and I won't be buying from anyone with a doc fee of over $100.

Where on scion.com did you see doc fees listed? I went to "build your own..." and all they had was the delivery charge, proc, and handling charge of $515 which is the scion standard.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree that the doc fee is fully BS and a way for Scion dealers to increase price since they cannot do on the "pure pricing". I checked this morning and my local dealer does NOT add a doc fee, only the standard $515 handling, etc. As others have stated, just go to another dealer until you find one that does not charge. The dealers that do charge this BS fee are probably very shady on a lot of other items. So buyer beware when working with these type of dealers.

Kevin
Old 06-28-2004, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member

I checked out homepages of some of the dealers in atlanta area. (World and Atlanta).
I searched their inventory and I found something that really surprised me which is doc fee of $599.00.
I went to Atlanta Toyota in person and test drove, then asked a sales associate about what he can do on the doc fee. The answer is? NO.
Do all the dealers who get their cars from southeast distributor have to charge $599.00 for doc fee? I was so ____ed off and just walked out the dealership.
So far, $599.00 is the highest doc fee i've ever seen.
Do you guys have any suggestion???
I'm probably gonna end up buying a car from them,,, but,,, again this doc fee really ____ me off... so much for under $16,000 car....
Old 06-28-2004, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Originally Posted by 05sciontc
I checked out homepages of some of the dealers in atlanta area. (World and Atlanta).
I searched their inventory and I found something that really surprised me which is doc fee of $599.00.
I went to Atlanta Toyota in person and test drove, then asked a sales associate about what he can do on the doc fee. The answer is? NO.
Do all the dealers who get their cars from southeast distributor have to charge $599.00 for doc fee? I was so ____ed off and just walked out the dealership.
So far, $599.00 is the highest doc fee i've ever seen.
Do you guys have any suggestion???
I'm probably gonna end up buying a car from them,,, but,,, again this doc fee really ____ me off... so much for under $16,000 car....
Unfortunately, every dealer in Atlanta charges a doc fee and they all don't haggle on it (even when you tell them you won't buy from them ). Maybe someone else from Atlanta was able to get rid of the fee but I sure wasn't....Sandy Springs Scion had the lowest one I think at $299 .

Quick Reply: tCs have arrived at Southeast dealerships