Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

tC's the next ricer toy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 06:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tC's the next ricer toy?

i'm not here to bag on everyone who does this to their car, i mean if you like it, that's cool, but i'm starting to see a new trend.

from my point of view looks like the tC is slowly turning into the next civic, the whole, let's dress up the tC w/ body kits and what not. adding f1 style spoilers to a FWD car, to make it look more aggressive even tho deep down the tC is still a 4 banger.

anyone else starting to see this trend slowly creeping up?
Old 09-16-2005, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the tC is not the next civic...

If you didn't already know, the next civic is `bout to be released and it looks good...
Old 09-16-2005, 08:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ i aggree
Old 09-16-2005, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: tC's the next ricer toy?

Originally Posted by Louie
...even tho deep down the tC is still a 4 banger....
And what relavence does this have in today's day and age.

List of high-performace, aggressive '4-bangers':
1. Mitsu Evo 9 MR - 289HP, 0-60 4.3 secs, faster than 80% of V8's
2. Subaru WRX STi - 300HP
3. Honda S2000 - 240HP
4. Lotus Elise - Sub 200HP but Sub 2000lbs = fast

Turbo'd tC's are running 12 sec quarters.
Evo 4g63 motors have handled over 700HP.

The moral, '4-bangers' can produce power and can make cars fast.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

another note on the s2k it was the highes hp per liter of any n/a car ever i belive

also check this site out http://www.turbod16.com/

the d16 is mainly a sohc lucky if you make 100hp off it engien but some of these guys are running low 14's to high 11's off of that thing

4 bangers are the wave of the futer or more so the futer is here lol they kick ___ and save gas

that is untill big v8's get quad over head cams (like they should have by now and some do i think holden or some one uses a quad over head cam 5.7l v8 ) and a nice came phasing technology to help them save gas (all thogh the system i here the chargers 5.7l hemi uses seems cool it basicly shuts off to a 4 banger during cruzing speeds and then big v when you slam on the gas)
Old 09-16-2005, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ The problem is that while there are some powerful 4cyl out there... the tC isn't one of them - for a vast majority anyways.

This has been discussed before anyways... and let's keep it civil. If it gets out of hand with rice-this and rice-that and such... it'll be locked.

Moved to Gen tC though...
Old 09-16-2005, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Re: tC's the next ricer toy?

Originally Posted by Louie
i'm not here to bag on everyone who does this to their car, i mean if you like it, that's cool, but i'm starting to see a new trend.

from my point of view looks like the tC is slowly turning into the next civic, the whole, let's dress up the tC w/ body kits and what not. adding f1 style spoilers to a FWD car, to make it look more aggressive even tho deep down the tC is still a 4 banger.

anyone else starting to see this trend slowly creeping up?
thats one of the most nieve comments ive ever heard
Old 09-16-2005, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

any1 could turn their car into rice..there are alotta civics that are rice but some people dont rice their civics out..they actually make it look nice. same with the tc...some ppl could make it look like rice even tho its not your typical ricer mobile
Old 09-16-2005, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by romyo247
any1 could turn their car into rice..there are alotta civics that are rice but some people dont rice their civics out..they actually make it look nice. same with the tc...some ppl could make it look like rice even tho its not your typical ricer mobile
thank you and just for the record i saw a camero ss (mind you not a cheap v6 one) with a vtech emblem on the back and a huge spoiler hahaha

that just shows any thing can be rice i guess

but the one thing i dont like is how ppl act like the tc doesnt have any potential when there are more then a couple on stock internals stomping v8's and evos and what have you

all it takes is cash nowadays and almost any thing can be fast
Old 09-16-2005, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how is putting a wide body kit considered rice? most wide body kits ive seen are very tastefull. i dont think the Tc will get riced out too bad, they are not old enought to see mismatched fenders and hoods yet. give it 5 years........then maybe.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aarontrini85
thank you and just for the record i saw a camero ss (mind you not a cheap v6 one) with a vtech emblem on the back and a huge spoiler hahaha
And I saw a 94-96 Mustang... yellow... with a full body kit and even a chicken wire front grill! It was by far... the MOST disgusting and ridiculous looking Mustang that I have ever seen... ever.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just to let you guys know. I was going to rice my car out by putting rims, smoking out my side marker on the front headlight, and an injen intake. There is no way I'm going to put in a Turbo, it's not worth it for the tC in my opinion. But i already put in a grill 20% tint, PIAA mirrior orange turn signals, and my TYC led tail ights for now..

Oh yeah the new civic EX has an option to put in a navigation system in it. With the navi it starts off at 19,500 for manual and 20,500 for auto. Pretty good if you ask me. 1.8L 140 hp if you can put up with little power it's a pretty sick car, interior is nice, and back tail lights look as if they are LEDs, front looks like a Freaking Odessy <PUKE>
Old 09-16-2005, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Louie, What kind of car do you drive?

And lets not turn this into a Domestic Vs. Import thread....but on Second thought, that might be fun!!! Bring it on!1!
Old 09-16-2005, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i noticed the pricing for the new Si in motortrend, not bad for a car with navi, and all the other options, however its is a little heavy for its size, so it needs the 200 Hp jut to get it down the street..
Old 09-16-2005, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCSTYLING
Just to let you guys know. I was going to rice my car out by putting rims, smoking out my side marker on the front headlight, and an injen intake. There is no way I'm going to put in a Turbo, it's not worth it for the tC in my opinion. But i already put in a grill 20% tint, PIAA mirrior orange turn signals, and my TYC led tail ights for now..

Oh yeah the new civic EX has an option to put in a navigation system in it. With the navi it starts off at 19,500 for manual and 20,500 for auto. Pretty good if you ask me. 1.8L 140 hp if you can put up with little power it's a pretty sick car, interior is nice, and back tail lights look as if they are LEDs, front looks like a Freaking Odessy <PUKE>

sounds like a riced out tc to me lol j/k

your off to a good start and the injen intake kicks ___ i installed on my buddys tc now i realy want one
Old 09-16-2005, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I wanna see someone rise out a vette' or maybe rice out a Murcielago or some tight ____e like that. That would be friggin hillarious.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hot_Rod2006
I wanna see someone rise out a vette' or maybe rice out a Murcielago or some tight ____e like that. That would be friggin hillarious.

i found this on google i cant pull it up but i want to see it lol damn work
Old 09-16-2005, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The tC isn't the next riced up Civic because it's not like everyone can afford one (although it is pretty affordable). Your typical riced up Civic is starts out with a cheap DX model with a bunch of mods slapped on it.

Let's not forget that the '06 Civic was released too, which is pretty competetive to the tC.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anything can be riced....
$ is no matter
Old 09-17-2005, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kilo6_one
yeah i noticed the pricing for the new Si in motortrend, not bad for a car with navi, and all the other options, however its is a little heavy for its size, so it needs the 200 Hp jut to get it down the street..
I thaught it was 197hp? that's what it says in my Automobile magazine, on another note I've seen like 2 or 3 mustangs with body kits and GTR emblems around my house . As for the tC beeing the next Civic, in y opinion that's going to be hard, since the tC isn't really beeing mass produced like the current Civic is. So far I can honestly say I have not seen any riced out tC's on here yet, thank god , but of course its only a matter of time before we see one .

Quick Reply: tC's the next ricer toy?