2005-2010 [ANT10]

Teecilia and 2izzler

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Teecilia and 2izzler

What's up, SL? I haven't been here in a while. Seems like the same usual thing but different day. I figured I'd start this thread dedicated to my hobby in cars. Anyway, enough with the talk and some pictures for you to gawk at in you own way.

Pic from last summer

Old 06-14-2011, 05:57 PM

i like the last pic, what lip kit are you using?
Old 06-14-2011, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice what springs you on? or coils
Old 06-14-2011, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Xx AzN xX
Buy the look of the drop i would assume coils, but it could be s-techs
Old 06-14-2011, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's a very clean tC. It looks like he's on Tein S-techs, it says so in his profile.

Last edited by 10gxiong; 06-14-2011 at 08:52 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-14-2011, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by donnyhtran
i like the last pic, what lip kit are you using?
Thanks! Actually it is a body kit with mixed parts of other kits.
Front is Viniati Fierce lip. Sideskirts from Buddy Club 2 kit, and rear bumper is from Drifter 2 kit.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Xx AzN xX
10gxiong called it... Tein S-tech. I guess the body kit makes it look lower.

Last edited by SCIONOSIS; 06-14-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How do you like the ride quality with the S-techs? Also, how's the BBK?
Old 06-14-2011, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

such clean! very nice
Old 06-15-2011, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 10gxiong

X2 ! I wanna know too!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

is the Mr2 yours? very rare to find one with a sunroof. i myself am looking for an mr2, preferably a 93, but theyre so hard to find and kinda expensive still. i currently have a tc and a celica and now looking for an mr2 to add to my collection. love both cars man! you have good taste!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 10gxiong
Well, any lowered car will have a rough ride quality. I take railroad x-ings slowly. The spring rates at all for corners seem to be well balanced in the vehicle handling performance. I could do better with my susp. setup with more money, but I think I'm done putting anything more into the tC. The duece(2izzler) will now get all attention.

I haven't really worked up the TRD BBK to its maximum performance so I can't really tell you if they are better than other aftermarket BBKs. I don't autoX my tC. I will say the BBK is a big improvement over stock brakes. Having good performance tires helps it slow down even more. For some reason, the BBK reduced the brake pedal travel feeling, which I like. I move the pedal a little and it is already engaging. I use to get brake fade at times with the stock brakes when slowing down the car from hwy speeds (70mph), but never experience it once with the TRD BBK with DOT3 regular brake Fluid. Another thing is the BBK produces so much brake dust on my front wheels. I have to rinse off the wheels & brakes every 50 miles, LOL. They do get a lot of attention, though. It's funny, a couple of times at traffic lights, ppl in the left turn lane beside me would gawk at my BBK, and when the left turn arrow turns green, ppl honks behind them to get them to move along. Ha Ha.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mos_Def
is the Mr2 yours? very rare to find one with a sunroof. i myself am looking for an mr2, preferably a 93, but theyre so hard to find and kinda expensive still. i currently have a tc and a celica and now looking for an mr2 to add to my collection. love both cars man! you have good taste!
Thanks! It's mine. Yup, 1990-1995 MR2s are rare finds these days. When you do find them, they are either priced too high or they have high mileage. I've been looking to have one since 2000. Found it in Autotrader and picked it up in December last year with 107200 on the odo. I wished it was different color but I'm content with if for now. What year is your Celica?
Old 06-16-2011, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

that thing is beautiful. the color is nice too. its teal right? i believe that is the rarest color. my celica is a 92 gt and was gonna do a 3sgte swap, but ima sell it to my sis and pick up the mr2 instead, or maybe another widebody 92-93 celica gts and do the 3sgte swap on it. how much did you pay for your mr2 if you dont mind me asking? planning on doing the 3sgte swap or keeping the 5sfe?
Old 06-17-2011, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^
My girl has a 2001 Celica with the 1zz-fe platform, bone stock. The MR2 is turquoise pearl. Word is the color was only sold to west coast region at that time, hence its rarity. This car came from Arizona. I plan on doing the swap later in the future. I'm undecided between the 3s-gte swap or the BEAMS 3s-ge w/ vvt-i swap. I'm leaning towards the BEAMS platform cuz I think it's more beneficial in the long run. I still have to do more research on both, so until then, I will be driving around with the 5s-fe. Funny thing is if I decide with the 3s-gte swap, I would still pay auto insurance rates based on the 5s-fe platform because of the VIN#. More bang for the buck, LOL. I paid below $4500 for it minus the aftermarket wheels.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

thats a good deal mang! for the condition it is in, and the rarity of the color, you got a great deal. i found a pristine one in san diego, but the guy wanted 6K. im not looking to spending that much. 4k tops for me. the 3sge beams is a good engine. i believe its almost 200hp all motor right? what i fear about that engine is getting replacement parts because that engine never came to the states, unless 5sfe parts are interchangeable. thats the reason i want an n/a also. eventhough ill be 26 this year, i still prefer the non turbo due to the cheaper insurance. good luck on the build and update this thread.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^

Yup, It has the same amount of power as the detuned USDM version of the 3s-gte. The BEAMS is a JDM motor so it may not pass emission over here. I still have to find out if I have to pay extra taxes for that. Have you heard anything about that? What do you think? It's probably easier to deal with going the 3s-gte swap route, but I think the BEAMS platform is a more balanced and modern engine. Imagine the numbers if boosted. Good luck with your MR2 hunt.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

yup same power as the usdm 3sgte. i dont think it will pass emissions here. the jdm 3sgte wont pass emissions here either. idk how strict emissions are in your area, but here in cali, they are the worst in the nation. many people that do swaps, go to smog places that cheat the system and make your car pass, but with a hefty price tag ($180-$250). I believe its easier going the 3sgte route because parts are readily available here in the states. if you get a usdm version you will pass emissions. if you get the jdm version you will not, but you get an extra 25 hp. the beams comes in a version of the jdm mr2. would have been nice if they brought it here. i dont know if i would boost the beams engine due to the fact that its already a high compression engine. any extra compression will probably blow the engine, unless you get it fully built for the extra compression.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

the beams came in the jdm mr2 G-limited. wish they had that here instead of that cheappy 5sfe.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I know. It's like somewhere around 11:1 ratio from factory. The bottom end would have to be built up for a turbo setup. The build is pretty expensive in the end and is not worth it. There's a few BEAMS owners on MR2board.com that has done it. I don't know for sure if their setup is reliable so who knows. But, if have my hands on BEAMs, I would keep it N/A.

In my state, vehicles manufactured before 1995 are exempted from emissions testing. I think most states have mandated that, except California. So, there is no limits where I'm at. However, I have this "catch 22" feeling that imported JDM engines will have an emission tax that ppl pay when it gets shipped here in the main land. Kind of like how the manditory state environmental tax is charged to you when you buy tires. I never dealt with this situation before, so the JDM thing is all new to me. But I probably should take your advice and go with the USDM version 3s-gte swap for the sensible reasons you had shared with me. Thanks for your input, my friend. That's what I probably will end up doing.