Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Thanks everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 11:25 PM

Default Thanks everyone!

Hey everybody- just wanted to thank everyone on here for the buckets of help I've gotten on every tC-related topic imaginable. I've been religiously going thru the forums since even before I bought my tC, and you all have helped tons in giving me ideas for future mods as well as general troubleshooting. I LOVE my 07 Flint Mica tC, and love to tinker with it as often as possible. Unfortunately, I have to keep my mods relatively cheap and do the installations myself or else I suffer the wrath of the wife. She's serving in Iraq right now, so I have some time to kill and can get away all my little mods.

Mods so far:
Factory Pedestal Spoiler
Factory CF Dash Kit
Autozone Blue-Light-Special Shift **** (better than stock at least)
Sirius Starmate
Ventshade Side Window Visors

Future (Spring) Mods:
Painting wheels black
Razo Executive Series Shift ****
S2K Antennae
Interior Door Handle LED's
Dome Light LED Swap
BlueBat's Taillight overlays
VRD Fog Lights
Door Lock "Chirp"
Full 3rd Brake Light
Window Tints (maybe)

Any other suggestions/recommendations? FYI I really don't want/like the dropped look or going crazy with interior lighting. And unless I want my combat-trained wife to come home and frag me, they have to be cheap.

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your expertise advice!
Old 02-13-2008, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

intake? exhaust? something that gives u a deep tone when u push the gas with power =D
Old 02-13-2008, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dkfung88
intake? exhaust? something that gives u a deep tone when u push the gas with power =D
Not really interested in anything powertrain related. I'm at the ripe old age of 28 and well past my days of road racing or impressing girls on the road. ;-) Just looking to make the car look classier than it already is, and better suit my own style.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TRD springs & shocks and maybe swaybar.

Plz, NO AUTOZONE UPGRADES!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 11:52 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Modding has no age.

Im married with a hot wife, dont street race and still love to drive in a hooked up ride and see everyone (all ages) stare!!!!

Have fun with it. You only live once!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i love your car!! i saw it at a car show last year, i think it was called the turkyfest,lol, the dog tags are such a cool touch!
Old 02-14-2008, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by R2D2
Plz, NO AUTOZONE UPGRADES!!!

What can I say? I was desperate to get rid of the factory **** and wasn't sure what else I might like better. And besides the gap b/t the **** and the boot, its not THAT bad.... Besides, my Razo **** is on its way. Can't wait!!
Old 02-14-2008, 12:21 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by tnert000
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i love your car!! i saw it at a car show last year, i think it was called the turkyfest,lol, the dog tags are such a cool touch!
Thanks man. It has been alot of fun for me!! I wish I could aford to do more
Old 02-14-2008, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by tnert000
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah that is nice. I could DEFINITELY earn some brownie points with the wife with something like that.....
Old 02-14-2008, 12:24 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Amazing part about the paint on my car, when I was in iraq, its my wife that pushed to get it done for me as a surprise for when I got home!!

The Dog tags deffinetely show that I am in the relationship for the long haul!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 12:29 AM

I lost count how many times I've gotten pulled over for having my wife's tags hanging from my rearview (illegal in IL). Once they see what they are and I explain why they're there, all I get is a "Tell her thanks- have a nice day." Not a single ticket yet. Say what you will about cops, but sometimes they can be pretty cool.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

is your car lowerd yet? if not then that's the first thing you wanna do to improve the tc's looks
Old 02-14-2008, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I would say lower it. It doesnt have to be slammed. 28?? thats not that old.. . Ive seen way older ppl drive REEEEAALLLY hooked up cars.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Dude I am close to 40 and the car is my wifes.........and she forces me to make it better............and she lets me drive it on the weekends..........well at least to my friends garage to put her latest mod in...........LOL............never give up on making a car a personal part of you.................that is part of the beauty of a car........
Old 02-14-2008, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Being old... Just means you've had more time and money to throw at the ride. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by BZinn1
Dude I am close to 40 and the car is my wifes.........and she forces me to make it better............and she lets me drive it on the weekends..........well at least to my friends garage to put her latest mod in...........LOL............never give up on making a car a personal part of you.................that is part of the beauty of a car........
Haha you guys missed my sarcasm. Trust me, I totally do not consider myself old by any means. I guess I'm just not a big fan of "souping up" the car with performance upgrades. Maybe I'm just afraid of when I get started, I wont be able to stop! Hehehe But for now, I'm just looking for minor (and inexpensive) little things I can do to improve the look.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by mospeedtc
I would say lower it. It doesnt have to be slammed. 28?? thats not that old.. . Ive seen way older ppl drive REEEEAALLLY hooked up cars.
I was thinking about maybe dropping it a couple of inches, but considering the state of the roads by me plus all the curbs and steep driveways I have to deal with- its just not worth the aggravation.

Plus my last vehicle was a full sized pickup, so even after 8 months driving the tC, it sometimes still feels weird being so low to the ground.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you need a help finding shift ***** (that aren't from autozone) lemme know. there's a million of them out there. TWM, Greddy, etc.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by silverstreaktc
if you need a help finding shift ***** (that aren't from autozone) lemme know. there's a million of them out there. TWM, Greddy, etc.
Actually, I just bought a Razo Executive shift **** from Amazon. I know alot of ppl here arent crazy about them- but I saw it on the RS4.0 at the Chicago Auto Show, and fell in love with it. Will post some pics once my baby isnt coated in salt and ice and snow. Yech I hate chicago winters!!