Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

thoughts on battery

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 06:36 PM

Default thoughts on battery

hey everyone, my name is jake and i'm looking into getting a tc soon so of course i'm already looking at parts. I saw this just now and figured i'd register on here and ask what everyone thought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Scion...mZ320316197667

I really like the way it looks and sits in the bay. It cleans up everything so much and saves a ton of weight. Anways I think that might be my first mod. Not many people have such a nice setup and its actually a great price. but what battery do you guys recommend? There are a few listed in the description, but i don't know much about them.

thanks for any help, and looking forward to becoming part of this forum!

-jake
Old 11-04-2008, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you get that, make sure you have a set of jumper cables in the car at all times should your battery leave you high and dry.

it really depends on what you plan to do with your tc. if your going to race it, autocross it etc (on the track ofcourse) then yeah, it is a good find, but for daily driving, or audio builds...that little battery probably won't be enough.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:53 PM

oh definately not an audio build. not really a fan of that. the spool of a turbo is the only music i need

it will definately just be a car that i can have fun with and take to a few track event while still having a nice interior and a comfortable ride.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

(Welcome to sl)

Drax is right. At 25 mins reserve capacity and lesser cranking amps than oem-sized ones, those batt won't last long on everyday use (esp. w/ a built-up audio setup). It is a good way to shed some weight and engine space, if you race/track.