Toyota Motor Sales - Scion Tour

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Toyota Motor Sales - Scion Tour

Hey all, I just wanted to share some of my recent exciting experiences as of lately. As many of you know, I am a summer intern working at Toyota Corporate Headquarters. Last week I had the opportunity to meet some of the people that work long hours to make Scion what it is today. I was recently given a tour of the Scion corp. office building by the Scion Corporate marketing manager here on campus and let me tell you, it's one of the coolest buildings I've seen in a while. They have tons of corporate owned Scions in a private showroom and all the TRD/Scion accessories on display. Huge posters on the walls of installation art/aftermarket performance companies and a sick waiting lounge. As of right now I am trying to set up a meeting with Mark Templin, to discuss future career goals, etc. Just some exciting news and positive reflection for Toyota!
Old 08-24-2007, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

that's cool man.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member

Default ....

Were you the guy that had a lot of hair?
Old 08-26-2007, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

your as a lucky sob... lol...
Old 08-27-2007, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

lol nope, I don't have a lot of hair.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:52 AM
5 Year Member

Default ....

Oh ok. Well, anyway, hope you had a good time out here. Let me know if you're interested in the MT program. I can give you some insight if you need any.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Are you currently in the MT program? Right now I'm looking at the GMA route.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member

Default ...

Ah, the GMA program. Good, good. Yes I'm currently a MT.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I know this thread is old, but I was wondering, how'd you get the internship? I have a huge interest in working in the car industry and Scion sounds like the perfect company to get started in. BTW, are you still a SE member??
Old 11-02-2007, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: ...

Originally Posted by AlexWilson
Ah, the GMA program. Good, good. Yes I'm currently a MT.
Did you sit next to Kristi in the Toyota Customer Experience Center?? I swear I remember an Alex Wilson on the MT program sitting there ..

bBlover Posted: 11/2/07 9:35AM Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this thread is old, but I was wondering, how'd you get the internship? I have a huge interest in working in the car industry and Scion sounds like the perfect company to get started in. BTW, are you still a SE member??
As for working for Scion-- well, Toyota Motor Sales which Scion would be a division of, does a lot of college recruiting, and you'll see the different programs to get internships and open doors at this link
http://www.toyota.com/toyota/about/jobs/JobsSearch.do

I think its easier to come in through college than by just applying ...but it is possible- the thing with Scion is they are really small, usually an entry level position within Toyota Motor Sales is through the call center and you have a 90% of either being with the Toyota or Lexus brand due to high business need and high turnover-- Scion's call center consists of like 14 people whereas Toyotas consists of about 150 or more...so....Apply online or try to get recruited through a College career fair, toyota usually has a booth Good luck!
Old 11-02-2007, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member

Default ...

Yes, that would've been me.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, that would've been me.
Haha ohh wow another on one Scionlife- I am the short blonde who would sit with Kristi on break and lunch sometimes! I'm with Scion Customer Experience now-- wow small world
Old 11-02-2007, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member

Default ...

Haha, ok I know who you are. Nice to meet you.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tevin you still got a couple years to go, as for me, I'm gonna go for it this summer, althought I've been keeping an eye on the open Toyota Internship Routes, and it seems liek they only have a Corporate Tax internship and an Automotive Technology internship, perosnally I'm waiting to see if they offer a Marketing one =] I hope having FIVEaxis on my resume will give me a nice leg up =]
Old 11-09-2007, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

please tell them to start making cars that are as fast as their marketing would make them out to be!
Old 11-09-2007, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha, ok I know who you are. Nice to meet you.

And nice to meet you as well- are you still at HQ? When do you go out to the field?? and what brand would you get to represent???

btw, niiice IS350 =)
Old 11-10-2007, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member

Default ...

I'm in DOD (distribution/production planning) right now. I just applied to Lexus Central but I have my doubts. I'll probably be in DOD for a while. As far as the IS350, I just got it 3 weeks ago. I love that thing. I guess you do too. Have you driven the IS-F yet? The IS-F made me want to cancel the IS and pay the fee.

I might be coming back to the CEC from time to time though, just because there's not a lot to do. Has it slowed down a lot since it's fall/winter?
Old 11-11-2007, 03:39 AM
5 Year Member

haha Wesley I applied for the summer internship as well, I hope I have a leg up too working at Newport Lexus. For you guys who are in the intern program how long did it take to get a response?
Old 11-11-2007, 03:49 AM
5 Year Member

Default ...

I'm not in the intern program so this is based on my personal experience. After submitting your resume on TalentLink, you'll either receive an e-mail declining your application or a phone call. It'll happen usually a couple weeks after they have taken the posting down. Nevertheless, the better way of increasing your odds of employment is to get a in-person interview. You can look on Toyota's website to see where they are recruiting because sometimes they are conducting in-person interviews there too. Or if you still work for Newport, try to befriend your DSPM or DM to personally send in your resume.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bkomi
haha Wesley I applied for the summer internship as well, I hope I have a leg up too working at Newport Lexus. For you guys who are in the intern program how long did it take to get a response?
haha did you already apply? What program are you going to apply for? Oh yea, and how did you do on the 104 midterm? lol, dude I didn't know you work for Newport Lexus, what do you do, and could you hook me up with a job? lols

Quick Reply: Toyota Motor Sales - Scion Tour