2005-2010 [ANT10]

trading in for a tC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default trading in for a tC?

i've been on here for a while just looking around and registered months ago but never posted. i recently picked up a 2008 lancer gts w/ the sun & sound package but am slowly losing interest in the car. the sticker was $20,615.00 and i am looking to get a 2007 tC. can anyone that traded in their car give me some input? i am hoping for an even trade?? thanks.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

you will probably get an even trade if your a good talker =D
Old 05-20-2007, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thank you, i finally got a response. i'm looking at a super white tC priced at $17,780.00. now the thing is my loan is for like 25k! i am expecting some money in the next few weeks and hope to have the lancer out of my hands very soon. of course i will need a new paint job on my hood b/c some one keyed the hell out of my hood a few weeks back!

a quick video clip for those interested.

any more input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you should get a nice even trade. just gotta know how to talk'em down. keep us posted on the tC
Old 05-20-2007, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you were in cali my friend take it off your hands hes looking to buy a gts lancer hahah but yea just deal with them talk and be convincing hope you see you with a new tc soon
Old 05-20-2007, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mightygnu
you should get a nice even trade. just gotta know how to talk'em down. keep us posted on the tC
i hope so. i don't want to use cash, just trade the car in and get my title and begin the modding.

if you were in cali my friend take it off your hands hes looking to buy a gts lancer hahah but yea just deal with them talk and be convincing hope you see you with a new tc soon
ha i wish! it's a good car no doubt but i've been in a few tCs and they are awesome cars for the money. the sooner i get my hood repainted the sooner i SHOULD have the tC!
Old 05-20-2007, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

wow thats really long!... the key mark that is!
Old 05-20-2007, 03:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea im pretty sure you will what does kbb say about ur car?
Old 05-20-2007, 03:16 AM
SL Member

yeah i looked at the lancer too and wasn't that impressed...mits lack a lot of styling - and i feel ya on the key mark...i've had "f uck" written on the side of mine..thank god for comprehensive insurance
Old 05-20-2007, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow thats really long!... the key mark that is!
made me want to try cry when i saw it. it's ridiculous what ppl do to other's car(s).

yea im pretty sure you will what does kbb say about ur car?
they only list up to 2007 nothing for 2008 yet.

yeah i looked at the lancer too and wasn't that impressed...mits lack a lot of styling - and i feel ya on the key mark...i've had "f uck" written on the side of mine..thank god for comprehensive insurance
that's messed up. i saw b!tch on the hood of a civic when i was living down in south jersey.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:59 PM
SL Member

Default Re: trading in for a tC?

Originally Posted by bmxon20s
i've been on here for a while just looking around and registered months ago but never posted. i recently picked up a 2008 lancer gts w/ the sun & sound package but am slowly losing interest in the car. the sticker was $20,615.00 and i am looking to get a 2007 tC. can anyone that traded in their car give me some input? i am hoping for an even trade?? thanks.
are you seriously considering trading ANY car for a TC?

The only reason I would suggest doing so is if you really need to downgrade b/c of a devastating life experience i.e. losing a job etc..
Old 05-20-2007, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WonSlowTC

The only reason I would suggest doing so is if you really need to downgrade b/c of a devastating life experience i.e. losing a job etc..
i don't understand why those would be the "only" reasons...but if you must know, i am SLOWLY LOSING INTEREST IN THE CAR as previously stated, and $424.48 a month isn't such a great monthly payment, where as i could get the tC with my trade + potential cash and have title in hand payment free. i am also very fond of the car and plan on going turbo and the numbers aren't too bad with minor bolt-ons and the turbo combo.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

tc looks alot better than the gts lancer new ones, those are a tank and arent that fast either, if it was the evo then diff story but 428 a month for that car is too much imo i pay 337 a month and im pretty happy with that fits the budget fine
Old 05-20-2007, 11:43 PM
SL Member

i don't understand why those would be the "only" reasons...but if you must know, i am SLOWLY LOSING INTEREST IN THE CAR as previously stated, and $424.48 a month isn't such a great monthly payment, where as i could get the tC with my trade + potential cash and have title in hand payment free. i am also very fond of the car and plan on going turbo and the numbers aren't too bad with minor bolt-ons and the turbo combo.
ill save you the trouble now, bolt ons and turbo are different routes.
why would you want to turbo a FWD car? You'll never get traction and when you do it'll be too late. Forget about using the larger gears there'll never be traction. This isnt the platform that you'd really want to mod.

Honestly look for another (better) car. You'll be tired of this car before your turbo even gets a chance to break something in the engine. ;)
Old 05-21-2007, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why would you want to turbo a FWD car? You'll never get traction and when you do it'll be too late. Forget about using the larger gears there'll never be traction. This isnt the platform that you'd really want to mod.

Honestly look for another (better) car. You'll be tired of this car before your turbo even gets a chance to break something in the engine. ;)
thank you for that information.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yuup! The gearing on the tC is not meant for big power. Turbo tC's do make good numbers and it's a HUGE step up. But if it's a daily driver, the combo can be too much for this platform. If youre looking for turbo power, and stay FWD, try to start w/ a car that was meant for boosting.