Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Used tC owners!!!! ATTEN!!!! qeustion

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 05:33 AM
5 Year Member

Default Used tC owners!!!! ATTEN!!!! qeustion

If you have bought a used tC id like to know how it is for you? Any problems at all, did you buy it from Toyota or some where else, is it everything you dreamed of without any problems at all? Was it like buying the car new? Anything you guys can give me would be GREAT!! I am in the maket to buy a Pre Owned tC and would really like to know if I should be on the look out or just go ahead, buy, and enjoy?! Thanks a lot for the feedback

Keith
Old 09-08-2006, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Most people believe they can get more than they paid for on their used tC....until that changes you might be better off getting a new one.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Just make sure you're not paying more for a used tC than for a new one. Most of the dealers I see sell used tCs for a few grand more than a new stock tc.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

It doesn't matter what kind of used car you buy. You never know what you're going to get. The original owner might have beat the he!! out of it for the first xx miles. Since new tC have pure pricing and used tC's don't, that means dealers can mark up the price on a used one way higher than new. Just go the safe route and buy new. In the end, you'll be saving more $$ that way.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

it just doesnt make sense why dealers do that but w.e. go new!
Old 09-08-2006, 11:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I don't think these answers are answering his question...c mon where are the used buyers????

I am sick of people just saying....buy a new one it is cheaper....the used one could have gotten beat on...well we all have seen this a ton of times from other posts...I like his question...
Old 09-08-2006, 12:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok i bought a used tC,BSP. It had 9,300 miles on it, I'm not sure why it was traded in to the dealer but it was just like brand new. To this day i haven't so much as changed a bulb in this car (as far as REPAIRS go). I have 60,300 miles on the car now! And yes it did cost more than new but only by 500 bucks (And It did come with the floor mats and the rear gargo cover though).

I agree with most of the people here though, if the price is the same, get the new one, because you never know what you're getting into when you buy a used car. I have been extremely lucky but thats not to say you will be as lucky as me.

And this was 2 years ago when there was only 1 tC per dealer and they were the hot new car to have first. But i HAD to have it,I bought it 4 hours after it showed up on the lot. It was one of the few early 05 BSP tCs. I read somwhere that 05 BSP are the rarest, and that only 1 in every 20 tCs that year was BSP.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just go a used tC last week. They dealer had it market up to 19,900 since the previous owner has lots of factory upgrades (18" rims, leather interior, ground effects, spoiler, and the $250 shift ****) I did my research though and and came back with a low ball offer of 17,500 and they took it. KBB value of it was aboutd 19,500.

Just make sure you test drive a few from several different dealers. In my case I test drove one from a dealer across the street first that was priced at 15,500 but had absolutely no options on it.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

awesome good job! how many miles?
Old 09-08-2006, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nickmgray
I just go a used tC last week. They dealer had it market up to 19,900 since the previous owner has lots of factory upgrades (18" rims, leather interior, ground effects, spoiler, and the $250 shift ****) I did my research though and and came back with a low ball offer of 17,500 and they took it. KBB value of it was aboutd 19,500.

Just make sure you test drive a few from several different dealers. In my case I test drove one from a dealer across the street first that was priced at 15,500 but had absolutely no options on it.
Exactly....KBB is crap and they know they can't get kbb price, good thing you are smarter and got it lowered.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think mine was stickered at 16,800. but i got the extended warranty and stuff, I don't think i got ripped off but i definately didn't get any special deals.

Yeah good job to nickmgray for talkin them down.
I tried but i was too high risk, being young and having bad credit and all. They told me straight up, either 16.8 or sorry have a nice day!
Old 09-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

dont forget one of the best parts about buying a new car rather than getting a used car.... you can get a much better interest rate like I did. When I was looking at a used car, the best rate I could get was about 10-12%. With my new tC though I have a 6% loan.

Plus it was new so I knew no-one else abused it!
Old 09-08-2006, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

My used tC has 10K miles on it so it still have the full warranty. I'm surprised that they were offering rates of 10-12%. The rate I got was 6.8% but I do have pretty good credit.

Just make sure you do your research and find local listings and also build the exact car online to see what it is new with all the options that the previous owen had installed. You always want to know around how much they paid for it.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCizzler
I think mine was stickered at 16,800. but i got the extended warranty and stuff, I don't think i got ripped off but i definately didn't get any special deals.

I tried but i was too high risk, being young and having bad credit and all. They told me straight up, either 16.8 or sorry have a nice day!
that's only true to an extent...... If they take the time to process your credit then they care about your sale, you'll have some room for negotiations. But yeah with tC's it's a little difficult, the rage on them is at an all time high... which also makes it a good time for me to sell, the perfect time.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I think the best option for buying a used tC is to have a new friend from a Scion car club who has owned a tC for a while go with you. I am pretty sure I know EVERYTHING to look for if I were to buy a used tC... but say I wanted an RSX-s or something, I would have no idea of what specifically to look for! Borrow a friend!
Old 09-08-2006, 05:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by skateperception
Originally Posted by tCizzler

that's only true to an extent...... If they take the time to process your credit then they care about your sale, you'll have some room for negotiations. But yeah with tC's it's a little difficult, the rage on them is at an all time high... which also makes it a good time for me to sell, the perfect time.
Yeah tell me about it. The rage about them!! It is the same now as it was in early 05, it just that they had less of them. The guy at the dealer may have been blowin smoke up my as$ but he said that they sold 43 tCs in that month alone already. And the funny thing is, is that i had called about a silver tC i saw earlier that day and they said it just showed up that morning, nut by the time i got there it was sold already, so i bought the one that was being brought into the lot as we spoke( My baby the BSP)

But enough about how fast they go, I would say if you had the choice buy new. Less worry about prior abuse, and the same price (give or take) or even cheaper,with no miles. And i have seen some places where used cars do have a higher interest rate.

GO NEW, its your best bet, just to be extra cautious
Old 09-08-2006, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nickmgray

I got mine about the same time. oct of 05. its a special edition bsp. I love it.. and no problems that I didn't cause!!!!
Old 09-09-2006, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got my used BCP in oct. 05 with 4000 miles on it. never had any problems out of it. the older gentleman that owned it before me changed his oil his self once and never used the free oil changes so i got to use them! and i bought it for 15,500 he had alot of the factory add-ons put on so i think i got a pretty good deal.
but like everybody else said, unless you can find one that is below the price of a new one i would get the new one
Old 09-09-2006, 07:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

um... sry. I quoted the wrong guy. lmao
Old 09-09-2006, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got my 06 tC used with 7,000miles on it for 14,650 and i have no regrets or problems at all!!!! I never saw it until i went to go pick it up cuz i was too buisy to go so i had my dad go and check it out for me. He kept telling me it was a real nice car, getting me all hyped up about it, and when I saw it, he wasn't lieing!! It came with the pedistal spoiler, TYC taillights (i didn't want these lights cuz I don't like chrome, but they came with the car, so..) floor mats, and lights under the dash. I don't know if its eith a nautica blue metallic or indigo ink pearl...does anybody know the differences in these two colors???

Quick Reply: Used tC owners!!!! ATTEN!!!! qeustion