Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

want some stuff for my new tC

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 08:54 PM
SL Member

Default want some stuff for my new tC

hey guys im new just got a 06 CSM automatic tC. im in southern RI. got a place in town that said theyll do some interior LED work for me and tech stuff. heres a list of some stuff im thinkin about doin, any suggestions let me know cuz right now im close to stock only got the rims and window tint on it...

let me know if you know one or have one i can buy!

-TRD CAI
-Lip kit (RS1?, NIA?, others?)
-AVIC-D3
-Subs/amp for the trunk (those new slim pioneer subs are sick!)
-painting calipers red - where should i get that done?
-painting silver sides of HVAC/dash black (from where shifter is up to the vents and dash) - where to get that done?
-clear or black out the amber turn signal in the headlights? (i think it clashes w/ the red) - how and where can i get that done?
-any other suggestions?
Old 06-17-2008, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well the best place to look for this stuff is in the classified section....youll find alot of things there...some new some used but in good condition So welcome :-p
Old 06-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by EDDIEA123
Well the best place to look for this stuff is in the classified section....youll find alot of things there...some new some used but in good condition So welcome :-p
this is true...
Old 06-17-2008, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

as far as painting your calipers goes, do it yourself. they sell kits at auto parts stores its really easy.

if you want a TRD axle back exhaust i have, i know its not on your list but its a nice sound and a good edition.
also lowering should be on your list
Old 06-17-2008, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Upgrade your suspension. (At least a rear sway, or front and rear sways, lowering springs, tires if you can afford it, etc.) You don't necessarily have to upgrade your shocks/struts as long as you don't drop your ride over 2". You can do this when you paint your calipers. Find a friend or fellow SL'er to help you. Skip the TRD CAI. (A) you can find one that serves the same function for a lot less, and (B) the hp gains are minimal. (Although your tC will sound really cool! )
Old 06-17-2008, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, suspension first then the power mods.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:54 AM
SL Member

really? maybe ill do the suspension i have seen some lowering springs for sale... as for the exhaust i was considering it, but dont want to be one of the kids driving around town making people put in ear plugs. but i may be interested... PM me with a price.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ Lowering it makes it look like a different car. And as for the exhaust, the TRD one isn't that bad. I'm sure you could find a clip of it on "you tube" or on this website somewhere.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2_much_tc
Originally Posted by EDDIEA123
this is true...
x3, half of the things you are looking for are in the classifieds and the other half are just DIY weekend projects.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

DIY FTW. Don't bring your car to a shop to do interior lighting. You could do that poop yourself easily. Couple places you can go to buy stuff. I'm a big fan of oznium. Got a bunch of stuff from them. Sparks is a great place too.

www.trdsparks.com
www.oznium.com

There are many many other sites out there that you can use. that's just two of them.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:36 AM
SL Member

yeah ive checked out oznium's products i like them a lot. as for DIY, im deff thinkin about doing a lot of my stuff this way so i dont get ripped off by shops and stuff. just gotta read up and make sure i dont mess up lol
Old 06-19-2008, 04:54 AM
SL Member

got a question though. for everybody saying i should do suspension first, if i got a RS1 lip kit AND the lowering springs, wouldnt i mess it up and hit the pavement every 2 seconds?
Old 06-19-2008, 06:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

that would all depend on how low you go
trd or h-techs would be a good bet if you wanna be sure to not scrape
Old 06-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Go with Oznium =D. We have great customer service and awesome products.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:24 PM
SL Member

lol thanks oznium. yes i think i will. as for the drop+the kit im still undecided. hoping to find a good lip kit that looks good but isnt so expensive like every one i find. not sure if i just wanna drop it and not add a kit, but i feel like it would look too stock still. anybody got an tiem for sale on my list keep 'em comin! still havent been offered the cai or a lip kit. actually, a lot of the stuff on the list still havent gotten offered...
Old 06-19-2008, 09:46 PM
SL Member

been gettin some posts and pm's on TRD exhausts too and i listened to some videos they sound really good... hmm... what improvements in performance would that get me? (if any) and if anyone is offering one let me know- best deal i would consider buying- for anyone who has already offered one know i am deff considering it and youll get first dibs if the price is right
Old 06-19-2008, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TRed3123
hmm... what improvements in performance would that get me? (if any)
Same as the CAI, minimal.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah if you have intake header and exhaust youll still get small numbers 15-20 maybe
Old 06-20-2008, 02:38 AM
SL Member

hmmm... so which should i get? TRD CAI or TRD exhaust? and all the money i get workin is goin to the car, so ill prob drop it too. just get all i can. but i think the lip kits look so nice. do i need both drop and lip kit? which one would be better if i just got one? would the lip kit look bad without the drop? and would there be any real difference i could see if i dropped it without a lip kit? i really like the NIA and RS1 lip kits. but havent really found any for cheap or for sale at all...
Old 06-22-2008, 03:23 AM
SL Member

after re-considering, i might just lower it without a lip kit. i think the stock lowered still looks great. but which springs should i get? TRD, h-tech, or s-tech? obviously the lower it is the better it looks, but will i have to pay for shocks or something if i go super low like the s-techs? so i guess here is my new list....

-suspension:
- TRD rear sway
- TRD front strut
- springs (which ones?)
-performance:
- either TRD CAI or exhaust
-tech:
- AVIC-D3
- interior lighting red
- subs in trunk (eventually)
-paint:
- red calipers (DIY)
- black "waterfall" dash (anyone in RI or MA that can do it..?)

anything you think im missing that i need?????????

the most important thing is gonna be affording all this. it totals up to cost a lot of money, which im gonna be working for to try to afford. but the biggest help i could get is you guys to help me find any of these for sale or any deals or hook-ups/help you can give me to get the best price for everything cuz money will be tight thanks

Quick Reply: want some stuff for my new tC